• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG World Cup sweepstake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading up on this a bit more and it appears that we would need to get a licence to run this. Sorry for leading everyone up the garden path but I do not want to run something that could get me or the site in the ****.

I am happy to organise a draw for fun and with no money changing hands, if anyone would be interested.

I've been reading up on this a bit more and it appears that we would need to get a licence to run this. Sorry for leading everyone up the garden path but I do not want to run something that could get me or the site in the ****.

I am happy to organise a draw for fun and with no money changing hands, if anyone would be interested.

Is the licence needed purely because its done via a website ? There's little difference between running a sweepstake with work friends and doing it here with online "friends". Just curious.

Is the licence needed purely because its done via a website ? There's little difference between running a sweepstake with work friends and doing it here with online "friends". Just curious.

Yes. I was reading up on the regulations on running sweepstakes on the Gambling Commissions website. There are different regulations for different types (workplace, private members club...) but in some circumstances you need to apply for a licence to run one. There was not any specific guidance on running one on a message board but I think that as a community with open membership, we would need a licence.

I'm a bit ****ed off about it. I think that it would have been fun.

Yes. I was reading up on the regulations on running sweepstakes on the Gambling Commissions website. There are different regulations for different types (workplace, private members club...) but in some circumstances you need to apply for a licence to run one. There was not any specific guidance on running one on a message board but I think that as a community with open membership, we would need a licence.

I'm a bit ****ed off about it. I think that it would have been fun.

Aw thats a shame. I can imagine the laws being a complete minefield so its better to play it safe. Lets do it for fun anyway. The winner can get a special

What about you do the draw, then everyone puts there own private bet on that team to win and posts a photo of the slip. The private bet should be to return minimum £100, so the person with Brazil bets £33, and the person with Honduras bets 3p?

The bet wouldn't have to be to win outright. For example if you got Honduras, you could bet on them actually winning a game. Or getting zero points.

I like that

come up with a crazy bet on the team you pick, at the end all winning bets go in a poll on here to decide who's was craziest and who gets the kudos, maybe a special World Cup avatar or something

Right. Whilst you lot debate how the crazy bet thing will work. Post whether you are in in this thread and the first 32 will go into a draw.

I think we should each have an avatar which reflects our World Cup team so it's an easy way to tell who is which nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back