• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I hate Celtic

While I agree that rules is rules, a very similar previous breach was punished less severely (a small fine), because they decided there was no reason for the offending team to try and gain an advantage (clearly in the lead, last few minutes). That's the bit I don't get, that was 2010 I think why have they now gone for expulsion?

While I agree that rules is rules, a very similar previous breach was punished less severely (a small fine), because they decided there was no reason for the offending team to try and gain an advantage (clearly in the lead, last few minutes). That's the bit I don't get, that was 2010 I think why have they now gone for expulsion?

UEFA probably decided it was time to get tough the moment they'd completed their number crunching and decided Celtic were more marketable. Every decision UEFA have ever made has been based on how they can benefit and this will be no different.

Well they didn't go for expulsion... from what I read, the rule for fielding an ineligible player is that the match is declared an automatic 3-0 win for the other team (which in this case meant Celtic won the tie on aggregate). I completely agree that it feels like madness for Legia to be forced out of the competition for fielding an ineligible player for the last 3 minutes of a tie that was already long in the bag. Legia fans have every right to feel furious and from their perspective an injustice has been done.

But if the rule is a 3-0 forfeit for an ineligible player then - just my view - it needs to be enforced strictly and without exceptions. People are saying the rule has been bent in the past? In which case that's wrong in my opinion. Some rules can have grey areas, but this isn't one of them.

No Celtic could have gone to UEFA and said it had no bearing on the tie and that Leiga were the rightful winners but they did not they showed the same disgusting attitude you have shown.

If it were Spurs instead of Celtic do you honestly think Daniel Levy would agree to a one of match? If you do then you do not have a clue mate

people can moan about UEFA all they like, but surely the Legia manager has to carry the can, that's his/her job to know who's available for selection and who isn't

If it were Spurs instead of Celtic do you honestly think Daniel Levy would agree to a one of match? If you do then you do not have a clue mate

I have a very low opinion of Levy so no I do not think he would. I am talking about what is the right thing to do and as open minded and liberal as I am socially I have always thought things should be done the right way something that seems lost on people around here.

As I said at first, It was nothing to do with Celtic, it was UEFA who pulled them up ffs.

The player himself questioned if he should be playing, as did one of his team mates, at know time did Celtic have any representation at the hearing, it was only Legia pleading there case, IT WAS UEFA V LEGIA for there own **** up.

Thats how it works...as in RULES AND TEAM SHEETS.

Yes we where gubbed big time, no complaints there, but what can you do ?

As I said before... I would have no prob giving them the tie,no prob at all, so let's see what CAS say.

Carry on hating.

BIG SEASON FOR THE SPURS, AND I REALLY THINK A TOP THREE IS POSSIBLE, have a great season lads !

As I said at first, It was nothing to do with Celtic, it was UEFA who pulled them up ffs.

The player himself questioned if he should be playing, as did one of his team mates, at know time did Celtic have any representation at the hearing, it was only Legia pleading there case, IT WAS UEFA V LEGIA for there own **** up.

Thats how it works...as in RULES AND TEAM SHEETS.

Yes we where gubbed big time, no complaints there, but what can you do ?

As I said before... I would have no prob giving them the tie,no prob at all, so let's see what CAS say.

Carry on hating.

BIG SEASON FOR THE SPURS, AND I REALLY THINK A TOP THREE IS POSSIBLE, have a great season lads !

Do you work for the sun newspaper or is your caps lock playing up?

I have a very low opinion of Levy so no I do not think he would. I am talking about what is the right thing to do and as open minded and liberal as I am socially I have always thought things should be done the right way something that seems lost on people around here.

What planet are you living on ? Theres not a single team in european football who would not take that reprieve of a champions league place. UEFA didnt kick Legia out of the competition, they awarded Celtic a 3-0 win meaning they would still have gone out if they had not scored themselves. Rules are rules. You cant have teams dictacting UEFA rules because they feel sorry for the other team.

Legia made the mistake, Celtic had nothing to do with it. If you hate Celtic for this reason then you hate all football teams.

people can moan about UEFA all they like, but surely the Legia manager has to carry the can, that's his/her job to know who's available for selection and who isn't

Pedantic perhaps, but more down to the technical directors/other backroom staff than the manager. If your manager at this level is spending his time reading up on UEFA regulations and keeping track of bookings and suspensions then something went seriously wrong somewhere.

What planet are you living on ? Theres not a single team in european football who would not take that reprieve of a champions league place. UEFA didnt kick Legia out of the competition, they awarded Celtic a 3-0 win meaning they would still have gone out if they had not scored themselves. Rules are rules. You cant have teams dictacting UEFA rules because they feel sorry for the other team.

Legia made the mistake, Celtic had nothing to do with it. If you hate Celtic for this reason then you hate all football teams.

Agreed about no other team.

Can't expect Celtic to do anything else. Too much money involved.

What's unfortunate - and where Legia have my sympathy - is that this appears to be based on an arcane technicality. It's not as if Legia are guilty of a glaring error. They thought that they had done everything correctly and it appears that it is UEFA's rules that are overly complicated and not as clear as they should be.

That's why this whole thing smells of bull**** and, as Craig J points out, UEFA meddling on behalf of the more marketable team - especially since there is recent precedent for such a minor infringement not resulting in expulsion from the competition.

I hope that CAS come to only right and just decision - to reinstate Legia.

Agreed with others, though. This isn't Celtic's fault.

If you automatically lose a game 3-0 for fielding an ineligible player then the next time we are getting tanked 5-0 by a top four team lets just put on Bassong. Should reduce the goal difference a little.

If you automatically lose a game 3-0 for fielding an ineligible player then the next time we are getting tanked 5-0 by a top four team lets just put on Bassong. Should reduce the goal difference a little.

i've got a question,

if a team wins the first leg of a two legged tie 4-0, and then forfeit the 2nd leg, do they go through to the next round via a 4-3 victory overall?

i've got a question,

if a team wins the first leg of a two legged tie 4-0, and then forfeit the 2nd leg, do they go through to the next round via a 4-3 victory overall?

Interesting.. I'm sure there's a 'spirit of the game' clause in there somewhere. But they can't exactly prove that you did it on purpose.

What I'm wondering is why, given the amount of money available in Europe, don't the officials do their ****ings jobs and tell teams that they can't select that player when the team sheet is handed in.

Back