• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Look at what we are bringing on in games, a kid from United nobody had heard of 3 months ago, a fat lad from West Ham, and the work experience kid from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Next up, someone who plays for Palace. Crystal Palace.

The quality just isn't there. Championship level players from Championship level clubs.
If only England had players playing at the highest level like Austria. Germany play a left back from Stuttgart. If only they had someone from a bigger club they could play out of position at left back instead. Argentina at the World Cup etc etc etc.

It's very rare that even the big teams have only big name players at big clubs in the team. France are playing Rabiot, I wouldn't want us to sign him on a free on the wages of an academy player, but it works for France. Even though they're leaving a "better" player and bigger name playing for a bigger club on the bench.

I said it before the tournament kicked off and i will say it again, we have SOME very good players but we also have a LOT of overated players. We tend to forget that a lot of english players look very good in Prem games but most of them havre overseas players who are really top class and without them the players struggle when playing for England. imo

A good few times I've seen him play he was their best player. Could be a case of the new shiny toy colouring my judgement but I think he will be a top player.
Fair dues
I didn’t see much of United and when I did they looked a mess everywhere and especially midfield

Last edited:
If only England had players playing at the highest level like Austria. Germany play a left back from Stuttgart. If only they had someone from a bigger club they could play out of position at left back instead. Argentina at the World Cup etc etc etc.

It's very rare that even the big teams have only big name players at big clubs in the team. France are playing Rabiot, I wouldn't want us to sign him on a free on the wages of an academy player, but it works for France. Even though they're leaving a "better" player and bigger name playing for a bigger club on the bench.
France have been poor and IMO Rabiot is part of that
They have t those players that can do the job eh does with better technique
The press and fans in France are as unhappy as the England media and fans currently
But I fully fully agree abiut playing players who play im that position first and foremost

Football is dominated by systems, as its simpler to organise the defensive side of the game most teams play defensively. England current system appears to be leave Kane up top (the big mug can't understand this) with two wide players 30 yards away from him (who do not cross the ball), 2 midfield players protecting the centrebacks (usually 40 yards away from Kane and wide players) creating loads of space for Bellingham to cover. As our passing is dreadful players rarely make a positive movement. We end up playing a slow over cautious game, turning over possession when moving forward. I would never pretend to be an expert on management or coaching but it's so obvious the problems with this system and feel we couldn't do any worse by just telling the players to go out and do what they think is right. The only problem then is whether the players can play without being told exactly what to do.
I'm not an expert and won't claim to be. But can't think of many successful experts that have played a flank similar to Trippier and Foden and stuck with it despite actually having other options.

You could tell the players to just do what they think is right, but if they're being put out in an unbalanced system I wouldn't expect much.

Foden needs movement around him, has a full back behind him who doesn't overlap and doesn't have the stamina to get to and down. Trippier needs space to deliver crosses from slightly deep, to get that space he needs someone ahead of him that can offer a viable threat down the outside or in behind taking opponents with him. Instead he has Foden who thrives when cutting inside.

Once Trippier got into a good crossing position against Slovenia and England nearly scored. But the team isn't set up to get him into those positions so he looks mediocre because crossing is his one stand out ability.

Kane thrives on dropping deep and feeding runners with great passing, but he has no runners to pass to. Bellingham thrives when a bit of space opens up, but he's forced to play in a super congested system. Saka too needs movement around him, but Walker hasn't been that player for a couple of years now.

Could tell them to do what they think is right, but what they will think and feel is right is their natural game and for so many of these players that's not what the player next to them needs.

France have been poor and IMO Rabiot is part of that
They have t those players that can do the job eh does with better technique
The press and fans in France are as unhappy as the England media and fans currently
But I fully fully agree abiut playing players who play im that position first and foremost
In that position and making a at least somewhat cohesive unit with some balance.

I said it before the tournament kicked off and i will say it again, we have SOME very good players but we also have a LOT of overated players. We tend to forget that a lot of english players look very good in Prem games but most of them havre overseas players who are really top class and without them the players struggle when playing for England. imo
So you don't have better players than Denmark, Slovenia, and Serbia? The England squad is far better than all of them and it should be at least two straightforward wins. Different discussion when they come up against the big boys but Southgate is holding them back.

An other dreadful performance, good but not great players looking clueless and lacking confidence. England are one of the few teams I've seen who love a 5 yards pass to a stationary team mate and rinse and repeat. So far the only player who has enhanced his reputation is Guehi.

Grealish. As big a loss off the pitch I reckon.

Forget the middle we need width and pace I’d play the wingers on the touchline so Saka on the left and Gordon on the right- and swap them around at times.

Good luck to Foden with his third kid, footballers don't mess around these days do they.

Love that they timed it to make sure the birth didn't interfere with the PL season.

Will be a big loss for England if he can't play in the next game.

If you don't control the middle you don't have the ball to play to the wingers.
It will be much more dynamic in the middle as we will have the optimum number of players where they need to be, When you think about who those players are all the better.

Good luck to Foden with his third kid, footballers don't mess around these days do they.

Love that they timed it to make sure the birth didn't interfere with the PL season.

Will be a big loss for England if he can't play in the next game.

He's been practicing. Three kids and just 24 years old.

Do you think Grealish could have done this for us?
I know a lot of people don't rate him, but for me I would have built the team around him similar to his role at Villa.

That's the problem. Gallagher, Rice, Bellingham = zero creativity
No, Grealish is not a passer. The type of player we are talking about is a passer/controller. Grealish is far, far from that and truly there aren't really English midfielders of that type of to a decent standard. There is an argument for someone like Mainoo or Wharton to grow into such a role but neither are that currently.

No, Grealish is not a passer. The type of player we are talking about is a passer/controller. Grealish is far, far from that and truly there aren't really English midfielders of that type of to a decent standard. There is an argument for someone like Mainoo or Wharton to grow into such a role but neither are that currently.
That is exactly Whartons role at Palace.

I'm giving them both the scope to become that guy but until either actually does it for England I'm holding off giving them the tag as being England saviour.
England have enough "saviours". They just need some good players that fit into a decent system that can make the better players play to something resembling their actual potential.

Back