• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

What has Gary Lineker won for England that’s allowed him to slag off the current players like this for the BBC?

Former England striker Gary Lineker believes England are "distinct second favourites" against Switzerland after a performance against Slovakia which he felt was "a bit archaic at times".

"I saw a team which are like lost souls. They don't seem to know what they are doing or how the team should be playing," Lineker told the Rest Is Football podcast he hosts with Alan Shearer and Micah Richards.

"The style is alien to most of them. I feel for the players a little bit. They are trying so hard, but they look a little bit lost.

"It must be tactical, it must be instructions because the players are playing differently to how they are used. It's baffling."

Surely he would know as well as anyone the weight of the shirt and that it’s really not that easy. Harry Kane called him out for it earlier in the tournament yet he’s still waffling on, along with Shearer and Richards — another two who famously won…….fudge all with their nation. Richards barely won a fudging cap.

What has Gary Lineker won for England that’s allowed him to slag off the current players like this for the BBC?

Surely he would know as well as anyone the weight of the shirt and that it’s really not that easy. Harry Kane called him out for it earlier in the tournament yet he’s still waffling on, along with Shearer and Richards — another two who famously won…….fudge all with their nation. Richards barely won a fudging cap.
Errrr, they're pundits, it's their job to give their views on the teams that are playing.

Errrr, they're pundits, it's their job to give their views on the teams that are playing.

I think Lineker did get a bit personal regarding Kane though.

Look at whats around him, Kane isn't going to be the problem, he's got more talent than the rest of the squad combined.

He didn't have a pop at Hoddle, Gazza or Waddle in his WC's did he?

I think Lineker did get a bit personal regarding Kane though.

Look at whats around him, Kane isn't going to be the problem, he's got more talent than the rest of the squad combined.

He didn't have a pop at Hoddle, Gazza or Waddle in his WC's did he?
He's hardly going to have a pop at his team mates in his WCs. His job then was to play and score goals, not to give his opinions on team and player performance.

I don't think Linekar has said anything that most people aren't saying. Kane and the English team are a bit thin skinned if they give a fudge about Linekers opinion. They should be concentrating on improving their performance in the next game.

He's hardly going to have a pop at his team mates in his WCs. His job then was to play and score goals, not to give his opinions on team and player performance.

I don't think Linekar has said anything that most people aren't saying. Kane and the English team are a bit thin skinned if they give a fudge about Linekers opinion. They should be concentrating on improving their performance in the next game.

Hard not to be thin skinned when arseholes who are slagging you off have been spending year telling us how wonderful you are. All the experts spent weeks before Euros telling us what a great squad we had.

Back