• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T AVB Sacked by Cheatski

AVB managed Chelsea

Lambert and Rodgers manage Norwich and Swansea

I hope you see the difference and why its expected that Chelsea win more games than the other two clubs, newly promoted at that

What do you think of Steve McClaren? would you like him at Spurs. Not so long ago rated as a hot young coach, worked successfully with Fergie at Utd, went to Middlesborough and won them their only major silverware, took Boro to a UEFA cup final, yes little Boro, has managed England, won the Eredivisie with FC Twente, the only time in their history they have won the Eredivisie, surely Steve McClaren has a pedigree that stands up to the great achievements of the magical AVB??

ahhh, but wait, im not sure if McClaren has ever slept at the training grounds of the clubs hes worked for. Probably he is not that dedicated then. Oh well, AVB must be the man to take over from Redknapp:)

Ah, but there you judge the managers from different viewpoints. AVB managed Chelsea, therefore he was expected to win games. However, AVB had to deal with ageing players refusing to adopt his methods, a slow, creaky back-line, massive expectations with Chelsea believing him to be the second coming of Mourinho, a misfiring waste of fifty million pounds he had to play up front and couldn't drop due to the owner's infatuation with him, and a failure to acquire any of his principal transfer targets (Gregory Van Der wiel, Falcao and Modric). Rodgers and Lambert, on the other hand, were promoted with no expectations on them, and solid, united squads to work with that didn't mutiny every second day. Ergo, Rodgers and Lambert over-achieve and Villas-Boaes under-achieves, despite what Villas boas had to deal with being arguably harder than what Lambert and Rodgers have to deal with.

As for McLaren, going by your argument, what do you think of Phil Brown? Would you like him at Spurs? Not so long ago gained promotion with an unfancied Hull City squad, secured memorable wins over Arsenal, Tottenham and the like, played some expansive football at first and kept Hull City in the top six until Christmas and got them to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup for the first time in thirty-eight years. Surely Phil Brown has a pedigree that stands up to the great achievements of the magical Brendan Rodgers?

As for McLaren, going by your argument, what do you think of Phil Brown? Would you like him at Spurs? Not so long ago gained promotion with an unfancied Hull City squad, secured memorable wins over Arsenal, Tottenham and the like, played some expansive football at first and kept Hull City in the top six until Christmas and got them to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup for the first time in thirty-eight years. Surely Phil Brown has a pedigree that stands up to the great achievements of the magical Brendan Rodgers?

Plus he's got a great singing voice

Ah, but there you judge the managers from different viewpoints. AVB managed Chelsea, therefore he was expected to win games. However, AVB had to deal with ageing players refusing to adopt his methods, a slow, creaky back-line, massive expectations with Chelsea believing him to be the second coming of Mourinho, a misfiring waste of fifty million pounds he had to play up front and couldn't drop due to the owner's infatuation with him, and a failure to acquire any of his principal transfer targets (Gregory Van Der wiel, Falcao and Modric). Rodgers and Lambert, on the other hand, were promoted with no expectations on them, and solid, united squads to work with that didn't mutiny every second day. Ergo, Rodgers and Lambert over-achieve and Villas-Boaes under-achieves, despite what Villas boas had to deal with being arguably harder than what Lambert and Rodgers have to deal with.

wow, actually i didnt realise AVB had so many problems at Chelsea, in fact he did a great job there keeping them in 5th place. silly me

and actually after reading what you wrote im disappointed in Lambert and Rodgers. Norwich and Swansea should be in the top 4, i dont think they have over achieved at all. Under achieved more like!! Sack 'em!!

Phil Brown is no Steve McClaren. Sorry! give me a better example please:)

You attempted to belittle his Porto achievements by comparing them to winning the SPL - largerly innacurate, imv all things considered. Perhaps it is you who should review your point, just an idea

If you are going to persist in misinterpreting my points and argue fabrications then I kindly ask that you no longer engage me on this subject.

wow, actually i didnt realise AVB had so many problems at Chelsea, in fact he did a great job there keeping them in 5th place. silly me

and actually after reading what you wrote im disappointed in Lambert and Rodgers. Norwich and Swansea should be in the top 4, i dont think they have over achieved at all. Under achieved more like!! Sack 'em!!

Phil Brown is no Steve McClaren. Sorry! give me a better example please:)

Phil Brown is what Rodgers could become. Their careers are nearly identical in terms of tangible achievements. If Mclaren is the same as AVB, then Phil Brown is the same as Brendan Rodgers. I'm happy though, that when we finish 17th and avoid relegation by a point on the last day, there will be at least one Tottenham fan who will genuinely appreciate Brendan Rodgers when he breaks into song.

'....this is the best trip...I've ever been oooooon...'

Phil Brown is what Rodgers could become. Their careers are nearly identical in terms of tangible achievements. If Mclaren is the same as AVB, then Phil Brown is the same as Brendan Rodgers. I'm happy though, that when we finish 17th and avoid relegation by a point on the last day, there will be at least one Tottenham fan who will genuinely appreciate Brendan Rodgers when he breaks into song.

'....this is the best trip...I've ever been oooooon...'

your point fits with those who prefer Rodgers over AVB, but im not one of them

I never said i wanted Rodgers, or Lambert, Martinez, Coyle or AVB etc. I feel they all have a lot more to prove before they could handle a job as big as Tottenham. Would Man U, Arse, City employ such inexperienced people? I doubt it. Chelsea have already had their fingers burnt, and i dont see why Spurs should take such a risk. Especially considering the level we are now at.

your point fits with those who prefer Rodgers over AVB, but im not one of them

I never said i wanted Rodgers, or Lambert, Martinez, Coyle or AVB etc. I feel they all have a lot more to prove before they could handle a job as big as Tottenham. Would Man U, Arse, City employ such inexperienced people? I doubt it. Chelsea have already had their fingers burnt, and i dont see why Spurs should take such a risk. Especially considering the level we are now at.

So you don't want AVB, and you don't want Lambert, Rodgers or Coyle. Admirable indeed. But I assume you also recognize that Guardiola and Mourinho might be a shade too ambitious for us, in which case you fall into the 'David Moyes' category. Am I right? I hope I'm not, because you seem like an erudite person ,and I cannot imagine how someone like that would prefer Moyes.

Brendan Rodgers says he doesn't want the Chelsea job as he wants to build a career, not destroy it. They will get someone foreign and experienced who's happy to take Roman's money (notice Erikson's interest), but will be able to leave with his reputation intact. It will take someone special (no pun intended) for Chelsea to improve.

So you don't want AVB, and you don't want Lambert, Rodgers or Coyle. Admirable indeed. But I assume you also recognize that Guardiola and Mourinho might be a shade too ambitious for us, in which case you fall into the 'David Moyes' category. Am I right? I hope I'm not, because you seem like an erudite person ,and I cannot imagine how someone like that would prefer Moyes.

What makes Coyle "above" the Moyes category?

I dont think Jose is out of reach. People wanted Hiddink, Ancellotti etc.....are they THAT inferior to Guardiola or Jose?

Im personally warming to the likes of an unknown British manager, but there is also a massive risk of undoing alot of hard work. We need to think about attracting, and keeping top players now, and unfortunately, someone like AVB would still pull more attraction than Lambert in that sense. (I do not want AVB)

Id like Rijkaard, if Harry did leave

What makes Coyle "above" the Moyes category?

I dont think Jose is out of reach. People wanted Hiddink, Ancellotti etc.....are they THAT inferior to Guardiola or Jose?

Im personally warming to the likes of an unknown British manager, but there is also a massive risk of undoing alot of hard work. We need to think about attracting, and keeping top players now, and unfortunately, someone like AVB would still pull more attraction than Lambert in that sense. (I do not want AVB)

Id like Rijkaard, if Harry did leave

People think that Guardiola is out of reach because he currently manages the best club side in the World. However if he decides to leave Barcelona then pretty much anywhere is a step down for him.

My thoughts are that Guardiola will end up replacing Wenger at Arsenal (which could be a scary prospect!)

i'd still be cautious with Guardiola, he and the players at Barca are ingrained in a system which does not exist anywhere else, there is no guarantee he would be a success anywhere else

If Villas-Boas is as over-fussy and micromanaging as the article suggests (and there's absolutely nothing in the way he presents in front of the TV cameras to suggest otherwise) then he'd probably have similar problems trying to change the culture in our squad. Ramos tried it, with his sensible diets and fitness regimes and ketchup bans, and it didn't get him very far.

Ramos couldn't communicate with the players so I think there were bigger issues than that

Personally I beleive there is nothing wrong with discipline although he seemingly tried it with player who think they now better than everyone.

Indeed, although I seem to recall there were specific rumblings that suggested certain players didn't appreciate the discipline being tightened up on them. To some extent, I suspect that the communication issues, though real, became a hook they used to hang the other stuff on, myself.

Harry laughs off Chelsea talk

Spurs chief backs Mourinho for Chelsea return

Last Updated: March 6, 2012 11:56am

Redknapp, who is favourite to succeed Fabio Capello as England boss, has been mentioned as a contender for the Chelsea job following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas over the weekend.

However, Redknapp has moved to dismiss the speculation that he could take charge at Stamford Bridge.

"It would be difficult; I wouldn't be able to come back to north London so I'd have to pass on that"
Harry Redknapp on link with Chelsea Quotes of the week

When asked if he would be interested in the Chelsea job, Redknapp said: "That's all I need!

"It would be difficult; I wouldn't be able to come back to north London so I'd have to pass on that.

"But it's a dream job for somebody."

Redknapp rejected suggestions that it was impossible to succeed at Chelsea due to the demands of Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

"Well it's a great job for somebody that's for sure," added Redknapp. "It's a club you can win a championship at because the owner has spared no expense.

"He has built the most incredible training ground, they buy players at the top level, they have got top players so it is a dream job for somebody to go there and make a success of it - whoever they take.

"So many people would love that job and chance to work at a great club with the backing the manager gets there, but you've got to make a success of it. That's the rules.

"If you don't you are not going to last but if you do well the sky's the limit.

"It's a great job for somebody."

Mourinho backing

Jose Mourinho is the bookmakers' favourite to replace Villas-Boas and Redknapp would be happy to see the Real Madrid boss back in the Premier League.

"He was fantastic when he was here, he was a character and he was great at his job," added Redknapp.

"You don't go to Inter Milan and win the Champions League and now look at Real Madrid.

"I thought he was an amazing guy, great personality and you wonder if he would come back here.

"It would be difficult to leave a club like Real Madrid, that's for sure, but who knows Chelsea may be the one club that could tempt him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7574266/Harry-laughs-off-Chelsea-talk

Back