• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oh Soldado...

I really don't get this, he was crap for us and a colossal waste of money, we made a big loss on him, delighted you all think he's a nice guy, go and send him a xmas card.

I really don't get this, he was crap for us and a colossal waste of money, we made a big loss on him, delighted you all think he's a nice guy, go and send him a xmas card.
We didn't make a massive loss at all. We barely made any kind of loss.

We didn't make a massive loss at all. We barely made any kind of loss.

Roberto Soldado has completed his move to Villarreal, signing a three-year deal after his new club agreed a transfer fee with Tottenham on Friday.

Villarreal will pay Spurs a reported £10 million for the striker, who joined Spurs in 2013 in for a club-record £26m.

I guess 16 million is pocket change to you ??

Roberto Soldado has completed his move to Villarreal, signing a three-year deal after his new club agreed a transfer fee with Tottenham on Friday.

Villarreal will pay Spurs a reported £10 million for the striker, who joined Spurs in 2013 in for a club-record £26m.

I guess 16 million is pocket change to you ??
Do you believe everything you read or just the stuff that fits your internal narrative?

Do u disagree with those figures or are u posting this to try and save face when you're clearly wrong about this ?

it's been widely accepted that the 26m quoted included a fudgeton of add ons which were clearly never met, our actual outlay was more like 13m plus wages, factor in amortisation and there isn't a lot in it

he played in plenty of games and did score/assist so his wages are not a complete write off

it's been widely accepted that the 26m quoted included a fudgeton of add ons which were clearly never met, our actual outlay was more like 13m plus wages, factor in amortisation and there isn't a lot in it

he played in plenty of games and did score/assist so his wages are not a complete write off

"widely accepted", I would disagree with that, if he had been with us for say 3 months, I would say maybe as yes, many xfer payments are made in instalments but as he was with us for the time he was and played in over 50 games, that figure you're quoting isn't as rosy as Tottenham is making it out to be.

"widely accepted", I would disagree with that, if he had been with us for say 3 months, I would say maybe as yes, many xfer payments are made in instalments but as he was with us for the time he was and played in over 50 games, that figure you're quoting isn't as rosy as Tottenham is making it out to be.
You're just about the only person I've discussed this with who believes what you do. Pretty much everyone else agrees with @galeforce

can not stop going on about us since he left, yeah he is saying nice stuff, but really reminds me of a bird who still talks about you despite the fact you aint even fcuked her for years, i had this a lot cos im such a good sh*g

He was crap for us. Nice guy it seems, but yeah. Pretty sh1t at putting the ball in the net for us. Which is weird, coz I thought he'd be good at it, given his La Liga record.

All led to Kane getting his turn though, so worked out well in the end.

He was crap for us. Nice guy it seems, but yeah. Pretty sh1t at putting the ball in the net for us. Which is weird, coz I thought he'd be good at it, given his La Liga record.

All led to Kane getting his turn though, so worked out well in the end.

In the grand scheme of things, Soldado's loss of form contributing to Kane's chance in the first team could turn out to be one of the best thing that has happened to Spurs in recent years
Reminiscent of Ekotto's injury and Bale getting a run in the team

Soldado reminds me very much of a Emirates Marketing Project signing or a Benteke

You sign a player based on excellence and performance for another side where they may have played for 2-3 seasons and are very much ingrained in that teams style of play. Soldado, Bony and Benteke by the time they left their clubs were crucial to how the teams played at their clubs, you could say everything was built to get the best out of them players.

What we did with Soldado and what clubs have done with the above mentioned is take the player our of their surroundings without working out if they can play in teams system and expect them to be a huge success based on previous records, records compiled from playing every game and in a preferred system. Where I find fans and managers show a lack of understanding where they expect instant success because of a price tag or show bemusement when a player especially in the Bony mould come off the bench and don't produce, just because of a price tag and reputation.

You look at the best strikers in the Prem over the years and what they all have in common except Ole Gunnar are games to get goals, its rare that any strikers make immediate impact or impact when played in a new system. I would imagine Shearer in todays game going to City now and being played off the bench for 20 games to start with or going to United and being asked to play as an outside forward.

Back