• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pep Guardiola

How hard can it be to achieve success when you only go to clubs who already are top top clubs and has the biggest resources?

From one challenge to another :rolleyes:

He's certainly had a pretty straight forward start to his management career. Only 45 and he's already managed Barca, Bayern and now the lottery winners.

My United supporting mates going to be devastated, was adamant that Guardiola as destined for them. Guess the doors open for Mourinho to head there now.

it's not much of a challenge, but its a far bigger one than his previous two postings, less pressure as well I guess, not winning the league is actually an acceptable outcome at City

There will have to be some huge clearout at City in the summer if he wants them to play in his style.
Too many old players. Too many slow players. Too many players can't pass.
Toure, Fernando, Fernandinho,Demichelis, Navas, Bony, Nasri, Kolarov and Zabaleta will be gone in a year.

it's not much of a challenge, but its a far bigger one than his previous two postings, less pressure as well I guess, not winning the league is actually an acceptable outcome at City

There will have to be some huge clearout at City in the summer if he wants them to play in his style.
Too many old players. Too many slow players. Too many players can't pass.
Toure, Fernando, Fernandinho,Demichelis, Navas, Bony, Nasri, Kolarov and Zabaleta will be gone in a year.

Now FFP has been relaxed before it even ever got started I'm sure they'll be able to afford it and then some. I am quite concerned that Chelsea and City are going to be after ever player that's on the market in the summer and we might find it hard to pick up our targets without them being brought up.

How hard can it be to achieve success when you only go to clubs who already are top top clubs and has the biggest resources?

Precisely it's not hard at all. Another manager, like Mourinho, who we'll never know how good they really are as they join clubs with bottomless pits of money.

Let either of them take over at say Everton. Win the league with Everton within 3/4 seasons and I'll say he's the special one.

Precisely it's not hard at all. Another manager, like Mourinho, who we'll never know how good they really are as they join clubs with bottomless pits of money.

Let either of them take over at say Everton. Win the league with Everton within 3/4 seasons and I'll say he's the special one.
Our targets will not likely be theirs, I'm hoping. Better line up them up now, if we haven't done already - mind you, another Dele Alli from a lower league team ? You never know.

I would love Mourinho to take over a club like Everton or Saudi Sportswashing Machine and have them in or around the top 4 and take it up to Guardiola's City. I heard a quote that PG is the most revered manager in the world. If he ever took a job where he wasn't playing in cheat mode, I'd give him that.

JM never had a bottomless pit of money at Porto or Inter and managed to win the CL despite being rank outsiders.

I don't think any manager is capable of doing what you are asking above in modern football, not without the money to do so anyway

That thread title says it all. Haven't even clicked the link.

Good on them to finally experience non-success.

I hope Pep fails miserably too though, although I'm happy he didn't end up at Arse.
Delighted actually. Of the clubs he could have ended up with in the PL I guess City are the best of a bad bunch.

I'll be interested to see how Guardiola fares at Emirates Marketing Project. Just to remind myself, I went to Wikipedia and looked at the squad he had at Barcelona. You know, I'm pretty sure if you gave that squad to me to manage, I'd win trophies with it. Hell, I even think if you gave that squad to Tim Sherwood they'd be successful. And the same pretty much goes for the squad he has at Bayern Munich.

Don't get me wrong... I'm genuinely not saying that Pep Guardiola isn't a great manager. I'm just saying that I'm not 100% sure we can really know. Of course, it's perfectly valid to suggest that managing a squad of world class egos is a skill all its own, and he clearly possesses that skill.

Mind you; I get the feeling Emirates Marketing Project will give him a blank cheque to build that kind of squad too - so we still won't know whether he's a great manager or just a very fortunate one. But as I say; it'll be interesting to watch.

As an aside... the media is reporting that Guardiola has already signed a contract with Emirates Marketing Project to be their manager next year. So what the hell happens if City qualify for the next round of the Champions League and get drawn against Bayern Munich? That's got to be a massive conflict of interest. Very weird.

I'll be interested to see how Guardiola fares at Emirates Marketing Project. Just to remind myself, I went to Wikipedia and looked at the squad he had at Barcelona. You know, I'm pretty sure if you gave that squad to me to manage, I'd win trophies with it. Hell, I even think if you gave that squad to Tim Sherwood they'd be successful. And the same pretty much goes for the squad he has at Bayern Munich.

Don't get me wrong... I'm genuinely not saying that Pep Guardiola isn't a great manager. I'm just saying that I'm not 100% sure we can really know. Of course, it's perfectly valid to suggest that managing a squad of world class egos is a skill all its own, and he clearly possesses that skill.

Mind you; I get the feeling Emirates Marketing Project will give him a blank cheque to build that kind of squad too - so we still won't know whether he's a great manager or just a very fortunate one. But as I say; it'll be interesting to watch.

As an aside... the media is reporting that Guardiola has already signed a contract with Emirates Marketing Project to be their manager next year. So what the hell happens if City qualify for the next round of the Champions League and get drawn against Bayern Munich? That's got to be a massive conflict of interest. Very weird.

Steady on....

JM never had a bottomless pit of money at Porto or Inter and managed to win the CL despite being rank outsiders.

I don't think any manager is capable of doing what you are asking above in modern football, not without the money to do so anyway
Simeone and Ranieri is giving it a good go.

CacovbtW4AAuPBe.jpg

Back