• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pep Guardiola

CacovbtW4AAuPBe.jpg

Bitch and moan :)

Manchester the lesser of 2 evils as far as Cities go and City the lesser of the 2 Manc evils.

Whatever happens, sorry to see Pep soil his legend on any of them.

I'm not a fan of City but I think Pellegrini has done really well there, generally seems to keep a nice quietish ship and has steadied them quite well. Seems like a nice guy as well, just what they needed after Mancini when all they were constantly in the tabloids every day with one story or another.

I'm not a fan of City but I think Pellegrini has done really well there, generally seems to keep a nice quietish ship and has steadied them quite well. Seems like a nice guy as well, just what they needed after Mancini when all they were constantly in the tabloids every day with one story or another.
He's massively underperformed.

If you outspend everyone the way they have you should be winning everything. European performance has also been pathetic.

He's massively underperformed.

If you outspend everyone the way they have you should be winning everything. European performance has also been pathetic.

On top of that I think they've really failed in the transfer market. Or rather, probably their performances have been poor because they've failed in the transfer market. Still oh so reliant on the Hart-Kompany-Toure-Silva-Aguero central line. Tons of money spent on a much of a muchness squad with very few stand out new players. De Bruyne looks class and will probably get better, but he was ridiculously expensive and hardly value for money.

Not sure how much control Pellegrini has actually had over transfers with the director of football setup they have. Might not actually be Pellegrini's fault in the end, though he will have to take the blame.

Oldest team in the PL too. Kompany always struggling with injuries, Toure looking past it and on his way out, Aguero struggling with injuries. Guardiola will have money to spend and a good squad, but he'll have a massive job on his hands turning City into CL contenders.

Navas, Jovetic, Negredo, Demichelis, Fernando, Caballero, Mangala, Bony, Sterling, Delph, Otamendi, De Bruyne... Arguably Demichelis ended up being a good signing the first season. Sterling can still come good, as can a few of the others. But of the big money signings only De Bruyne has made the kind of impact one would want. That's just a shocking record and a ton of money wasted.

I just hope these qunts don't decide to target Alli and Kane in the inevitable spending spree. I think they will target Stones and Barkley at Everton, they will try and get the best young British players with technical ability and build a real team, rather than a collection of expensive players.

On top of that I think they've really failed in the transfer market. Or rather, probably their performances have been poor because they've failed in the transfer market. Still oh so reliant on the Hart-Kompany-Toure-Silva-Aguero central line. Tons of money spent on a much of a muchness squad with very few stand out new players. De Bruyne looks class and will probably get better, but he was ridiculously expensive and hardly value for money.

Not sure how much control Pellegrini has actually had over transfers with the director of football setup they have. Might not actually be Pellegrini's fault in the end, though he will have to take the blame.

Oldest team in the PL too. Kompany always struggling with injuries, Toure looking past it and on his way out, Aguero struggling with injuries. Guardiola will have money to spend and a good squad, but he'll have a massive job on his hands turning City into CL contenders.

Navas, Jovetic, Negredo, Demichelis, Fernando, Caballero, Mangala, Bony, Sterling, Delph, Otamendi, De Bruyne... Arguably Demichelis ended up being a good signing the first season. Sterling can still come good, as can a few of the others. But of the big money signings only De Bruyne has made the kind of impact one would want. That's just a shocking record and a ton of money wasted.

i wonder if part of their recruitment policy has involved Pep for a while, and they didn't go and get the players as he was/is still using them at Bayern

i'm sure they will spend big in the summer, they are due an overhaul

I just hope these qunts don't decide to target Alli and Kane in the inevitable spending spree. I think they will target Stones and Barkley at Everton, they will try and get the best young British players with technical ability and build a real team, rather than a collection of expensive players.

i agree, although young british players with techical ability won't fill a 5-a-side team ;)

i agree, although young british players with techical ability won't fill a 5-a-side team ;)

Haha, you are probably right. Mr. Alli has to be one of the most gifted about though. Maybe Guardiola will also try and bring through their own players too, I dunno what their youth setup is like.

That raises something I've been thinking about, with city, Chelsea and probably Man U all with new management in the summer, there's a lot of players who are going to be moved on. Anyone we be targeting?

That raises something I've been thinking about, with city, Chelsea and probably Man U all with new management in the summer, there's a lot of players who are going to be moved on. Anyone we be targeting?

From Utd, I'd imagine Mata will go but not sure he's got the legs for our style of pressing. Good player though. Fellaini, Carrick will be moved on along with Schweinsteiger and no doubt many others.

From Chelsea, Hazard is out of our reach, JT would be controversial....but still decent.

From City, Yaya will go to China or the MLS, Kolarov and Zabaleta are too old for Guardiola and no upgrade on what we currently have.

Nope I don't think between them, there is anyone of any use to us. Hahaha

Haha, you are probably right. Mr. Alli has to be one of the most gifted about though. Maybe Guardiola will also try and bring through their own players too, I dunno what their youth setup is like.

I don't think Guardiola will look to bring through many youth players, or at least that won't be his top priority at all. Guardiola has already said he never wants to be at one club for long because he gets bored. I think he'll be looking to win as much as he can but if he wins the Champions League or hasn't won it within 5 years he'll be off somewhere else. Although where else he could go to having done Barca, Bayern and now the lottery winners is hard to say.

Interesting question for sure. Difficult to predict what Pep and the others will be planning for their squads. At United and Chelsea we don't even know who their managers will be...

I would predict though that they will all be reluctant in the extreme to sell to us.

I have to say i think many clubs will be looking at them/targetting them/preparing a bid for them, etc, etc, but I don't think they will leave. part of what Poch has done is make this squad tight as a unit, and such behavior would be frowned upon. I genuinely believe they will give this project right here a few years, and I genuinely believe they will see success here...

The only possible signing from Emirates Marketing Project might be someone like Zabaletta. His experience plus strength at FB could make him an interesting and attractive 'squad signing' plus the Argentinian connection would not hurt.Chelski and ourselves will not be doing business, ditto Utd.

The only possible signing from Emirates Marketing Project might be someone like Zabaletta. His experience plus strength at FB could make him an interesting and attractive 'squad signing' plus the Argentinian connection would not hurt.Chelski and ourselves will not be doing business, ditto Utd.

Zabalata would/should go straight into our team.

I think it's inevitable. Ultimately it is up to us whether they stay or go, Everton showed you can say NO to the biggest clubs.

I think it's inevitable. Ultimately it is up to us whether they stay or go, Everton showed you can say NO to the biggest clubs.

They said no once, one season, to one club. That's not the biggest club around (Barca, Real, Bayern). When the player in question was still very young.

If what you're saying is true and it's just up to the club the player is at would you expect Everton to be able to keep Stones, Barkley, Lukaku etc for at least another couple of years?

They said no once, one season, to one club. That's not the biggest club around (Barca, Real, Bayern). When the player in question was still very young.

If what you're saying is true and it's just up to the club the player is at would you expect Everton to be able to keep Stones, Barkley, Lukaku etc for at least another couple of years?

Everyone has a price, but why can't they say no again? The only other thing stopping them is the player running the contract down and leaving on a free.

Back