• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It's clear what's coming down the line.

Labour tinkled all the money away trying to buy votes. Then there was a global recession. Just as we were about to start recovering, Sunak shut the entire country down and tinkled away all the money we didn't have because Labour already spent it.

Taxes are already higher than the economy can cope with, spending is out of control and we're borrowing more than we generate.

Look at the words from Labour today h "We don't WANT to cut spending....." Even they know what has to be done, they just know that they won't get elected if they admit it.

Slipped past you, but the nation's economy is several percentage points smaller because of Brexit too. Some businesses and finance jobs have moved away, along with their tax revenue. Which was predicted, and accepted. Yet now its swept under the carpet, and no one should mention it.

Slipped past you, but the nation's economy is several percentage points smaller because of Brexit too. Some businesses and finance jobs have moved away, along with their tax revenue. Which was predicted, and accepted. Yet now its swept under the carpet, and no one should mention it.
All of which could quite easily have been avoided with lower taxes/regulation (the whole point of Brexit).

Doing something badly doesn't make it a bad thing to do, it just means it was done badly. This could easily be recovered but it's not going to happen under Sunak or a Labour govt.

All of which could quite easily have been avoided with lower taxes/regulation (the whole point of Brexit).

Doing something badly doesn't make it a bad thing to do, it just means it was done badly. This could easily be recovered but it's not going to happen under Sunak or a Labour govt.

Long story short, what your argument (more theory) amounts to is low taxes trump free access to a mass market. Not only is the theory highly questionable, it also doesn't factor in the red tape and increased cost of trade when importing/exporting from outside the EU. But there is the rest of the world right. That was to be our golden oppotunity. What happened to that?

The government's, and most sane predictions on the effects of leaving, have come to pass. As a nation we are a little less affluent than we were. But money isn't everything right, I for one am feeling far more sovereign. :p

I don't know enough about education policy but the stats for England are one of the few areas the Tory's have actually improved.

What's the measure though? To parrot fashion cram a STEM-heavy curriculum like east asian education? Or to produce functioning intelligent critical humans?

Are you saying that east Asia doesn't produce functioning, intelligent, critical humans? 😁

They produce economically efficient units, but places like Korea have huge social problems, some of which we are starting to inherit (rocketing anxiety and depression levels etc.).

They produce economically efficient units, but places like Korea have huge social problems, some of which we are starting to inherit (rocketing anxiety and depression levels etc.).

I think everywhere is suffering from the same problems tbh.
Pressure is mounting for everyone, there's a real lack of knowledge and ability on how to deal with it.

Can you find me the quote?

Because last I saw, they'd only just been handed the evidence from GMP.
As @Lost Mango says, it was widely reported yesterday that they were not taking further action, although they apparently never comment directly on individual cases. However…

We all know what's causing it....

It's staring you in the face right now.
GOrQOgxW4AA0uEN

GOrQOgYXcAAnHKU

Russell-Moyle not being allowed to stand as MP in Brighton is another win for the Labour Party.

Forget your individual politics but that guy is an obnoxious cnut, would not surprise me if Labour themselves made up the complaint to get rid of him. Peter Kyle in Hove is a good guy but Russell-Moyle is a fcuking dingdonghead.

Russell-Moyle not being allowed to stand as MP in Brighton is another win for the Labour Party.

Forget your individual politics but that guy is an obnoxious cnut, would not surprise me if Labour themselves made up the complaint to get rid of him. Peter Kyle in Hove is a good guy but Russell-Moyle is a fcuking dingdonghead.

Starmer doesn't like anyone standing that isn't part of his cult. Happily lets my ex MP Neil Coyle stand but seems to be cancelling anyone who has a different opinion.

Starmer doesn't like anyone standing that isn't part of his cult. Happily lets my ex MP Neil Coyle stand but seems to be cancelling anyone who has a different opinion.
Trust me he is a brick MP, I have had the misfortune of hearing that nob end talking on my local news regularly.

He is awful, I always wonder what the sensible and very good Peter Kyle thinks having him as a neighbour MP.

We have Eddie Izzard standings in Brighton Pavilion as well, probably get in as well now that Caroline Lucas is standing down.

Been quite clear for years how much i despise the Tories and want Labour in. that being said, struggling to see what Starmer will do differently now that Labour have ruled out raising any taxes or taxing billionaires/big corporates etc. Clear they will need to cut public funding, there's no other option. it's raise taxes or cut public funding, there's nothing else to manoeuvre with. Many are sick of the roads, transport, education, health services etc so not really sure what Labour's alternative is?

Bit selfish but the rise in private schooling will hit us. I'll be honest nearly everyone at the school can afford it, but you do get a few families for which the increase would knock them out of the school (i don't think it's to the tune the Mail are reporting, nor do i think it's zero). Not sure it's the best policy but headline grabbing enough for Labour to push ahead with. I just think if you taxed some of the big corporates you'd be on to a vote winner.

I think a lot of those supporting Labour etc are sort of saying "well it'll be different when they're in power, they can then make the changes once they actually get in or if they win another parliament" but really a lot of change is needed now and feel Labour/Keir being too similar in offerings. Labour need to be bolder.

Been quite clear for years how much i despise the Tories and want Labour in. that being said, struggling to see what Starmer will do differently now that Labour have ruled out raising any taxes or taxing billionaires/big corporates etc. Clear they will need to cut public funding, there's no other option. it's raise taxes or cut public funding, there's nothing else to manoeuvre with. Many are sick of the roads, transport, education, health services etc so not really sure what Labour's alternative is?

Bit selfish but the rise in private schooling will hit us. I'll be honest nearly everyone at the school can afford it, but you do get a few families for which the increase would knock them out of the school (i don't think it's to the tune the Mail are reporting, nor do i think it's zero). Not sure it's the best policy but headline grabbing enough for Labour to push ahead with. I just think if you taxed some of the big corporates you'd be on to a vote winner.

I think a lot of those supporting Labour etc are sort of saying "well it'll be different when they're in power, they can then make the changes once they actually get in or if they win another parliament" but really a lot of change is needed now and feel Labour/Keir being too similar in offerings. Labour need to be bolder.
You think the Conservatives are playing the long game?

Boris to the rescue in 2029, if he promised to start a war with the fcuking french I would vote for him for the first time.

Back