• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

Campbell even argues that the way he coped with the storm raised by his move from Tottenham to Arsenal in 2001 proves he had the character to captain England. “My first season I won the Double, which was incredible. I was under extreme pressure to win and everybody was doing a lot to stop me from winning, by writing, ‘He’s not playing well. He’s not doing this. He’s not doing that’.

“So, with all the c**p flying around, it took a lot to concentrate and focus. There are not a lot of people who could take that pressure and win. If I can get through that, I can get through most things. That’s character. Doesn’t that show captaincy [qualities]?

All "I"'s, no "we". No, that doesn't show captaincy qualities.

I pretty sure this man will be committed at some stage. He's showing all the signs of someone who is mental.

Sol's greatest gift is not his backstabbery or his alleged defensive sense. It is the art of convincing people he is somehow still relevant.

I agree, It's not a song I sing, I wouldn't wish HIV , suicide or mental problems on anyone, but I do take exception to the idea that there is any racial undertone in that song, It's
such a stupid song any kind of hidden meaning is ridiculous, certain people decided that the hanging from a tree was a reference to lynchings, and I just don't think that was ever the case.
he's still a top tier ****.

think you mean intent as opposed to undertone

whoever came up with such a 'creative' ballard i would assume that they have enough common sense to think "some people might get the wrong end of the stick if i make a song about a black person swinging from a tree"

Just saying....you may take exception to it but there were quite a few people that took exception to the song for a reason, rightly or wrongly.

think you mean intent as opposed to undertone

whoever came up with such a 'creative' ballard i would assume that they have enough common sense to think "some people might get the wrong end of the stick if i make a song about a black person swinging from a tree"

Just saying....you may take exception to it but there were quite a few people that took exception to the song for a reason, rightly or wrongly.

That's really not something that comes to mind in the UK (something which I believe is a positive thing). It may do in the US and probably plenty of other places around the world but if someone suggests hanging from a tree I don't immediately (or subsequently, for that matter) think of a black person hanging - just someone hanging from a tree.

I may be wrong here as I haven't researched it, but I don't think hanging from a tree has ever been the method of choice for murderous racists in the UK.

It's another example of the Americanisation of the rest of the world. Just because they have hang ups (pun not intended) with racial references and hanging, doesn't mean the rest of us should.

Sol Campbell has opened up to Sky Sports News weekend warm-up about his acrimonious departure from White Hart Lane.

The defender spent nine seasons with Tottenham - lifting the League Cup with a victory over Leicester in 1999 - before leaving the club for Arsenal in contentious circumstances in 2001.

Tottenham reportedly offered him a contract which would have made him one of the club's highest paid players but, after months of negotiations, Campbell left for Highbury on a free transfer.

"To the Spurs fans who maybe have a little bit more warmth for me I'd apologise for the way it happened, but I'm not going to apologise for the move," Campbell said.

"If they (Tottenham) had really wanted to worry about me they would have signed me up for two years like the rest of the lads. They always seemed to say he was over there, he's going nowhere and that's it.

"I tried to move the club on. Even in the last knockings of the contract talks I said 'here's a contract'.

"I gave them a four-year contract with a one-year break clause, and I said 'I'll give you one more year at this rate'. Basically, I'm saying if they can pay me this maybe they can bring in other guys like me on this kind of rate, to move the club on."

Sol Campbell has reiterated his claim that the colour of his skin held him back from getting the England captaincy.

Campbell, who won 73 full caps over 11 years, has claimed that he would have been England captain more then three times - if he had been white.

The former Arsenal and Tottenham defender won his last cap under Steve McClaren in the tumultuous 3-2 Euro 2008 qualifying defeat against Croatia in November 2007. He makes the claims in his authorised biography.

"I should have captained England more than three times with the ability I possessed and where I was in football," he told Sky Sports News Weekend Warm-Up.

"I was at the time one of the best defenders in the world and in the beginning it was me and David Beckham for captaincy. Then I went down to vice-captain and then from vice-captain I went to no captain at all; my performances were going upwards where I was renowned around the world for my attributes.

"I started winning with my new club at Arsenal. I was captain for Tottenham I could have captained Arsenal at one stage and then further on I was captain for Portsmouth.

"So I had all the attributes and the character to easily merit being captain more than three times. I do believe my colour has maybe been disadvantaged to me in captaining England.

"I think it could be subconsciously, there is not you know people actually thinking that I'm racist or whatever.

"It could be a subconscious thing you know sometimes it is, people like to employ people who look like them and that's a fact in the business world, you know which has to change, so that's what I feel and I've been reflecting on my life and on my career so that's my prerogative. You can disagree; the next person might agree that's how it is."

Sol Campbell has opened up to Sky Sports News weekend warm-up about his acrimonious departure from White Hart Lane.

The defender spent nine seasons with Tottenham - lifting the League Cup with a victory over Leicester in 1999 - before leaving the club for Arsenal in contentious circumstances in 2001.

Tottenham reportedly offered him a contract which would have made him one of the club's highest paid players but, after months of negotiations, Campbell left for Highbury on a free transfer.

"To the Spurs fans who maybe have a little bit more warmth for me I'd apologise for the way it happened, but I'm not going to apologise for the move," Campbell said.

"If they (Tottenham) had really wanted to worry about me they would have signed me up for two years like the rest of the lads. They always seemed to say he was over there, he's going nowhere and that's it.

"I tried to move the club on. Even in the last knockings of the contract talks I said 'here's a contract'.

"I gave them a four-year contract with a one-year break clause, and I said 'I'll give you one more year at this rate'. Basically, I'm saying if they can pay me this maybe they can bring in other guys like me on this kind of rate, to move the club on."

That makes no sense, he thought that by asking for more money that would help us afford to pay other players the same? He know that would mean we certainly wouldn't be able to afford any other players!

Also, wan't it 100k a week he asked for, which would have made him the biggest earner in world football at the time?

Sol Campbell has reiterated his claim that the colour of his skin held him back from getting the England captaincy.

Campbell, who won 73 full caps over 11 years, has claimed that he would have been England captain more then three times - if he had been white.

The former Arsenal and Tottenham defender won his last cap under Steve McClaren in the tumultuous 3-2 Euro 2008 qualifying defeat against Croatia in November 2007. He makes the claims in his authorised biography.

"I should have captained England more than three times with the ability I possessed and where I was in football," he told Sky Sports News Weekend Warm-Up.

"I was at the time one of the best defenders in the world and in the beginning it was me and David Beckham for captaincy. Then I went down to vice-captain and then from vice-captain I went to no captain at all; my performances were going upwards where I was renowned around the world for my attributes.

"I started winning with my new club at Arsenal. I was captain for Tottenham I could have captained Arsenal at one stage and then further on I was captain for Portsmouth.

"So I had all the attributes and the character to easily merit being captain more than three times. I do believe my colour has maybe been disadvantaged to me in captaining England.

"I think it could be subconsciously, there is not you know people actually thinking that I'm racist or whatever.

"It could be a subconscious thing you know sometimes it is, people like to employ people who look like them and that's a fact in the business world, you know which has to change, so that's what I feel and I've been reflecting on my life and on my career so that's my prerogative. You can disagree; the next person might agree that's how it is."

Bloody hell, if anyone's trying to demonstrate why they weren't England captain he' certainly prooving it. He loves himself.:lol:

Last edited:
And he uses the fact that he 'could' have been captain at Arsenal as a reason why he 'should' have been England captain more. :lol: makes no sense.

The guy has a personality/mental problem.
I see now he had no real idea what he was doing crossing the divide the way he did.

He didn't get the jobs/captaincy because of his personality. He has no idea probably how people he's worked with see him. So he puts it down to racism.

I actually feel sorry for him at this point.

The quotes! WTF?! :lol:

Really, the media should stop interviewing him - he clearly needs to be protected from making such a fool of himself again and again. The guy was a top defender in his day, but it really sounds like his sucess has gone to his head and completely tipped him over. The man needs a reality check.

The guy has a personality/mental problem.
I see now he had no real idea what he was doing crossing the divide the way he did.

He didn't get the jobs/captaincy because of his personality. He has no idea probably how people he's worked with see him. So he puts it down to racism.

I actually feel sorry for him at this point.

I never thought I'd say this but I do too.

He's either going mad or deliberately acting controversial to get his name published around more and help him sell his book, maybe both.

me three, its quite sad, i hope he has some people close to him who will get him the help he needs

as Shaney says, its very reminiscent of Bruno

Back