• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Never heard of them but would hope we sign an English keeper. This season we've used up 3 overseas spot on keepers, which seems like a waste of one spot to me

I still think Lopez is on. The Betis link only seemed to come from one source, and there hasn't been any follow-up.

I can see our GKs next season being Lloris, Lopez and Whiteman, with both Vorm and Gazzaniga departing

No, you're right, and the only way or proving or disproving this would be if he were to return. However we're a smaller club than Real and it wouldnt be unexpected if he came back and felt that he was a bigger fish in a smaller pond compared to Real....and therefore felt like it was before he left where we just gave him the ball. One of our strengths is playing as a team and, as above, I'm not clear that given the cost its worth the gamble that he's upset that
I agree mate, but I do think he would adapt - he's not as selfish as say Ronaldo IMO. His qualities as one of the three AMs would be amazing, if fit he'd be an upgrade on Son. I know thats a big if and I get the argument about cost vs risk but part of me would still love him back. Lets put it this way, Id understand if we dont go in for him but Im not exactly going to be disappointed if he did come back to us....

Bale only really had one season as the focal point of our team, prior to that he was just another cog in a well oiled attack - it's a moot point anyway as im sure in a hypothetical scenario where we do sign him Pochettino would first be having a chat or two with him to iron out such details

I can't wait for the storm of you tube clips of blokes I've never heard of and the ensuing waves of enthusiasm that they may be joining us. Then the bitter rants that Levy has not spent enough. It's just like a Christmas pantomime.

Bale only really had one season as the focal point of our team, prior to that he was just another cog in a well oiled attack - it's a moot point anyway as im sure in a hypothetical scenario where we do sign him Pochettino would first be having a chat or two with him to iron out such details

Can we afford Bale = no, not unless Levy figured out some magic sponsorship deal specific to Bale.

Should we take him if we could = absolutely, Bale improves Real Madrid for fudges sake ...

We could play a back 4, DM/Dembele & Eriksen, then Bale, Son, Lucas behind Kane, it would make Pool look fudging slow.

Can't believe anyone would argue against it, not going to happen (even if I can dream of all the right reasons for it).

I still think Lopez is on. The Betis link only seemed to come from one source, and there hasn't been any follow-up.

I can see our GKs next season being Lloris, Lopez and Whiteman, with both Vorm and Gazzaniga departing

I could easily be wrong but I doubt that Vorm will be leaving this summer. I think that he has had a pretty good season and looks like he has a few more years in him.

I could easily be wrong but I doubt that Vorm will be leaving this summer. I think that he has had a pretty good season and looks like he has a few more years in him.

I'd agree, think he is comfortable here, knows he will get the domestic cup games, even got a CL (first of his career) & PL start this season.

If Vorm was looking to leave, he would have done it last summer (if he was worried about his WC place).

It wouldn't surprise me if a few clubs try and tempt him away based upon his performances this season

It wouldn't surprise me if a few clubs try and tempt him away based upon his performances this season

No limits to how many exact duplicate posts you make. Especially to emphasize your point.

Loved Bale's time at Spurs but I think that should stay in the past. For his final season or so with us our tactics were to get the ball to Bale and he'd do the rest - things would have to be very different if he came back. Far too expensive relative to the risk

Would agree with that.

Can we afford Bale = no, not unless Levy figured out some magic sponsorship deal specific to Bale.

Should we take him if we could = absolutely, Bale improves Real Madrid for fudges sake ...

We could play a back 4, DM/Dembele & Eriksen, then Bale, Son, Lucas behind Kane, it would make Pool look fudging slow.

Can't believe anyone would argue against it, not going to happen (even if I can dream of all the right reasons for it).
Does Nike sponsor Bale?

I can't wait for the storm of you tube clips of blokes I've never heard of and the ensuing waves of enthusiasm that they may be joining us. Then the bitter rants that Levy has not spent enough. It's just like a Christmas pantomime.

i have to admit I am almost completely out of touch with football outside the UK, so I quite appreciate those videos these days!

Just because he's out of contract, and probably needs a move for the sake of his career (he's 34 now, so maybe has 3-4 more years to play)

Back