• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Fulham now in the top 2 and going all out for automatic promotion. If they stay where they are it will definitely hamper our chances of signing Sessegnon. A shame because I like Fulham as a club, Jokanovic has them playing brilliantly, but it would be better for us if they don't get promotion;)

Looking at their fixtures I fancy them for automatic promotion now.

Cardiff have a really tough run.

Cash a year early to help with their chances of staying up?
Their chances of staying up are much better with Sess there than if hes sold. Every other promoted club hasnt been in desperate need of immediate cash, I dont see Fulham being any different just because they have a valuable commodity....

Their chances of staying up are much better with Sess there than if hes sold. Every other promoted club hasnt been in desperate need of immediate cash, I dont see Fulham being any different just because they have a valuable commodity....

Wasn't the discussion regarding a loan back deal?

Wasn't the discussion regarding a loan back deal?
Yes it was sorry - But point still stands that its highly unlikely they'd be promoted then agree to sell for a fixed fee a year early knowing his value would rocket with a good season in the PL. They can spend cash this summer knowing that they will get a good figure for Sess either way. The only way he'd leave this summer with promotion is if he kicks up a real fuss and makes it difficult for them to keep him....

Yes it was sorry - But point still stands that its highly unlikely they'd be promoted then agree to sell for a fixed fee a year early knowing his value would rocket with a good season in the PL. They can spend cash this summer knowing that they will get a good figure for Sess either way. The only way he'd leave this summer with promotion is if he kicks up a real fuss and makes it difficult for them to keep him....

You asked why Fulham would enter in to such an agreement - i just offered a possible reason why...

For the amount of money being talked about for him i think it goes past being a transfer on a player with potential and in to 'needs to be a success' waters - im tempted to give it a miss altogether tbh

You asked why Fulham would enter in to such an agreement - i just offered a possible reason why...

For the amount of money being talked about for him i think it goes past being a transfer on a player with potential and in to 'needs to be a success' waters - im tempted to give it a miss altogether tbh
Whenever Ive seen him he doesnt look all that tbh. He scores goals which is a great habit to have obviously but all round he doesnt look an amazing prospect from what Ive seen....

Same could be said for Rashford who I'd love us to sign, but rather unlikely unfortunately.
I am less impressed with Rashford, while he has a good skill level I think he plays for himself more than the team. I am always cautious of players like that.

Why would Fulham do that knowing after a year playing in the Prem and his value would be much higher?
Two potential reasons.
1. He could have a poor season in the PL and see his value reduce.
2. Bringing in big money for Sessegnon this summer could allow them to strengthen several areas in their team and help equip them to stay in the PL. It is possible that their cash flow situation wouldn't allow them to do this at present.

A few names being bandied around here. Good (Sessegnon, Martial), bad (Rondon) and ugly disconcertingly simian (Bale the Monkey GHod!).

We clearly don't need Martial, Sessegnon and Son all looking to play LW/LM...never mind adding Bale into the mix. Would Alli drift left once Moura is bedded into the team? However, I would take Martial in a heartbeat to compete with Son immediately. He's young, fit, skillful and with plenty of PL experience. If you phrase it as "Son, Martial and Kane sharing the LW and CF slot" it suddenly becomes more feasible.

But would ManU countenance a sale to us? Well, there's previous in the Sanchez/Mkhitaryan swap, but such things are rare. Would I swap him for Toby. Actually, yes I would. There's much to be said for selling before a player goes downhill, and I think the time might be right -- and I think Martial would improve our options in attack more than replacing Toby with Davinson would downgrade our defence.

I seriously doubt Fulham would sell us Sessegnon if they get promoted, even on a loan-back deal, unless the player was pushing for it. They know, and he probably does too (as does his agent), that a successful season in the Prem would see his value skyrocket.

And then there's Bale. If there's any way we can get him, we bloody well should. Immense player.

Those are my hopes. But what'll really happen? I reckon Bale goes to ManU, Sessegnon stays where he is, and Martial ends up wearing Chelsea blue. Then we lose Son to military service at the end of the season, just to tinkle me off.

Martial would be a wonderful signing and actually playing him through the middle from time to time would be exactly what he wants I would have thought. I think he is mismanaged somewhat by Mourinho and a player of his age needs to be playing 30-40 games a season minimum to build his experience levels which have stalled after his first season at United. I would reluctantly take the deal involving Alderweireld if he truly wants to leave and we have no prospect of convincing him to stay.

If he was to become available then personally he would be my number 1 target for us in the summer. I think he would add massively to the team and with regular game time I am convinced he will become a world class player.

If it were a choice, I think the philosophy of Poch & Levy would be to take Martial over Bale.

Back