• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Only bit of hope is that they have to play City Twice, and if City win both, its only 1 point in it.

Nice bit of last sessons 'heads gone' towards the end with the handball too - slightly clutching at straws but if it gets close in the race there's hope they could implode again

Biggest thing for me is the intensity 'they' play at, not just them but most of the top sides, we seem so slow and disinterested in comparison.

Biggest thing for me is the intensity 'they' play at, not just them but most of the top sides, we seem so slow and disinterested in comparison.

Similar to the other CL sides? Haven't seen a lot of them this year but results would seem to suggest athe other 3 at least are off where they would be usually.

Similar to the other CL sides? Haven't seen a lot of them this year but results would seem to suggest athe other 3 at least are off where they would be usually.
Arse, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Utd primarily. And to a lesser degree, Brentford and Leeds come to mind.

Arse, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Utd primarily.

City are some way off where they were up until this season but get by by virtue of the unrivalled expensive squad stacked with quality that they have - the other 3 have been able to afford more rest to their core starting XI players due to a lack of top level European football midweek x 6 - i think there's an argument to be had that that is playing it's part.

Arse, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Utd primarily. And to a lesser degree, Brentford and Leeds come to mind.
Brentford have intensity as it’s long ball football to drive pressure
Arsenal have it because their flying with confidence and have a super settled unit, just like Saudi Sportswashing Machine
United have fixed a lot of things and have also had a run of great fixtures to claw themselves back up the table which will help their confidence even more
For Leeds it’s literally their MO
City…. Nah, they just smash you with possession which is why they can get turned over on the counter

One bright note from last night was the fact that they had no one to bring on to make any impact. They needed a goal and the only sub they made was Tomiyasu coming on at right back! They have zero attacking options on the bench. Could all change in this window but still, Shows just how lucky they have been so far this season with injuries.

One bright note from last night was the fact that they had no one to bring on to make any impact. They needed a goal and the only sub they made was Tomiyasu coming on at right back! They have zero attacking options on the bench. Could all change in this window but still, Shows just how lucky they have been so far this season with injuries.
If they lost say Saka, Odegaard, Gabriel, Martinelli (like us with Romero, Kulu, Richy,Bentacur) for long parts of the season they would not be top of the table

If they lost say Saka, Odegaard, Gabriel, Martinelli (like us with Romero, Kulu, Richy,Bentacur) for long parts of the season they would not be top of the table

Yep, But seems unlikely with only the PL to really worry about at the moment. We all said this squad would struggle with the extra Europa League games but hardly any of them played in those games so far. Maybe once they start drawing some tougher opponents in might cause some issues later in the season but let's see.

Arteta has no shame whatsoever. I would love it, fudging LOVE it (my Kevin Keegan moment) if they collapse before the end of the season just to see his reaction.
And so we can all say that they came sexobd in a 1 horse race?

Yep, But seems unlikely with only the PL to really worry about at the moment. We all said this squad would struggle with the extra Europa League games but hardly any of them played in those games so far. Maybe once they start drawing some tougher opponents in might cause some issues later in the season but let's see.
Due to the points they've already accumulated....I'd fudge off all the other competitions this season and full focus on the league.

Back