• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

There is no tipping point. Luck doesn't even itself out as all the double digit IQ pundits would have you believe.

If they keep winning matches with a lower xG than the other team then they are still fluking it.

If they happened to maintain this sort of thing for, maybe, four seasons, then perhaps a reassessment of xG would be in line rather than just dismissing it as a long long long long long long fluke

If they happened to maintain this sort of thing for, maybe, four seasons, then perhaps a reassessment of xG would be in line rather than just dismissing it as a long long long long long long fluke
If they beat xG over a long period there are two options.
  1. Vardy is better than Messi/Ronaldo/Bale
  2. Leicester have "solved" football
Both are significantly less likely than a freak run of results.

Yeah we are the more effective team just about - which is why Scara is upset. We all are. I agree, that run of draws (arse games etc) when the team were developing are frustrating as we couldn't quite get maximum points.

Do we break as well as them? No. I don't think so. We hold possession far far better, and create from stable positions. They don't. They rely on sitting back and breaking play. When we've tried to sit back we've crumbled (was it the swansea game). We are setup to push up more often, and at least at the start of the season, we looked uncomfortable sitting back.

We are the better side now in every department.

7 points - 4 against Leicester and 3 at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine - look no further!

Can't say I expected Swansea to get anything today. Next Sunday is the one. And, even if Manure were to beat the Foxes, we've got to win all our games to have a chance for the unlikeliest come from behind title win ever.

I don't know about some of you people, but I'm not giving up on it just yet, not until it's mathematicaly done.

Another anaemic display for Leicester opponents...let's face it, they will (other than next weekend) face a bunch of softies and bottlers. We have a game less too, given Chelski's stated intent to lie down last game of the season.

Seriously, did any of you expect anything from Swansea today? In all the games lately when one of the teams had something to play for, and the other had nothing, it's been a thrashing. City vs Chelski, us vs Stoke, West-Ham vs Bournemouth, Pool vs Everton. It was always gonna be an easy game for Leicester.

Didn't Ipswich finish 5th and qualify for the uefa cup years ago only to get relegated the season after? Here's hoping.

Talking of Ipswich. I still remember a 3-0 defeat at portman road about 10 years ago. How times change.

Leicester and this fairytale, infuriating. Fair play for what they've done but we are the better side. It doesn't help when you have professional footballers playing for other sides - teams Leicester still have to face no less - saying they want Leicester to win the league. I think Both Hazard and Fabregas have said this.

I think United will beat them, or at the least get a point, and it will be up to use to go to Stamford Bridge and win which we all know won't be easy given our record there. And you know they will play the game of their season in that match. Can anyone see them putting in the same effort against Leicester.

Yes I fully expect we will finish above Leicester for the seasons to come, but they will have the memory of a Premier League Title. Is this the last chance for us before the likes of City and Chelsea become unplayable again? I'd like to think not. We must keep this squad together though and the gaffer of course!

Leicester and this fairytale, infuriating. Fair play for what they've done but we are the better side. It doesn't help when you have professional footballers playing for other sides - teams Leicester still have to face no less - saying they want Leicester to win the league. I think Both Hazard and Fabregas have said this.

I think United will beat them, or at the least get a point, and it will be up to use to go to Stamford Bridge and win which we all know won't be easy given our record there. And you know they will play the game of their season in that match. Can anyone see them putting in the same effort against Leicester.

Yes I fully expect we will finish above Leicester for the seasons to come, but they will have the memory of a Premier League Title. Is this the last chance for us before the likes of City and Chelsea become unplayable again? I'd like to think not. We must keep this squad together though and the gaffer of course!

Why does everyone think that the richer sides will be better again???

Every year we hear they will get better and one or two always falter. It's the hardest league in the world and it means you have to have great players and a bit of luck

Another anaemic display for Leicester opponents...let's face it, they will (other than next weekend) face a bunch of softies and bottlers. We have a game less too, given Chelski's stated intent to lie down last game of the season.

Strong rumours around here that Martinez has gone and a new replacement has already been approached. Never know, might be renewed energy from Everton (wishful thinking)

I was at Wembley last night with the Everton fans (was in club Wembley so I wasn't with their plebs) and they hate hate hate Martinez in a way I've enever seen us have vitriol for anyone other than clamball

There crying out for a new manager but they are also massively over rating their own players

Barkley and Stones have potential but they talk of them being world beaters

Anyway, back on topic... They believe they owe Leiceter for the way they were "cheated" at Goodisok and are also looking on with envy. I think there the sort of side to give Leiceter a game particularly away from home where they have a much more supportive following

Strong rumours around here that Martinez has gone and a new replacement has already been approached. Never know, might be renewed energy from Everton (wishful thinking)

knowing our luck and history I fully expect them to announce Poch as their new manager on the morrow and he's taking Kane with him as his assistant

Back