• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

I love Diego Costa. I always have.

I didn't think I'd ever be that desperate for Chelsea to score. A shame they didn't win, though. A point gained for United in a game they wouldn't have expected anything from.

better make sure we finish higher than 4th then.

IIRC it doesnt matter, unless, United and Liverpool finish outside the Top 4 and one of them wins the Europa League. If Chelsea win the CL and no English team wins the EL we just get to have 5 teams in the CL.
I am sure that is how it works

Didn't look like Chelsea were gonna get anything from that game so 1-1 is a nice bonus.

Indeed. So Hiddinck still only lost one game in charge over his two stints as manager...to us. Would love us to do it again, well overdue a win at their place

A Chelsea win would have been better for us but a draw is easier to stomach. The fact that Chelsea didn't deserve it is icing on the cake.

P.S. The player I think the cameraman/editor should focus on is Costa.

IIRC it doesnt matter, unless, United and Liverpool finish outside the Top 4 and one of them wins the Europa League. If Chelsea win the CL and no English team wins the EL we just get to have 5 teams in the CL.
I am sure that is how it works
Correct... Surely the odds against Chelsea and Liverpool winning both European trophies are even longer than Leicester winning the PL...

England could be awarded five spots in the Champions League from 2015 - Telegraph
if an English club wins the Champions League or Europa League and finishes outside the top four of the Premier League, there will be five English teams in the former competition the following season.

...in the highly unlikely event that one English team wins the Champions League, another wins the Europa League, and both finish outside the top four.

The fourth-placed Premier League team would again miss out, as would clubs in similar positions in Spain and Germany, who also have four Champions League spots by right.

That was a game between two sh1t teams. And once again, for how bad Chelsea were, it's De Gea that keeps the score down to 1 for Utd. Without him, they would be bottom half.

That was a game between two sh1t teams. And once again, for how bad Chelsea were, it's De Gea that keeps the score down to 1 for Utd. Without him, they would be bottom half.
As I said earlier, If not for De Gea, United would be about 15th in the league.

I love Diego Costa. I always have.

I didn't think I'd ever be that desperate for Chelsea to score. A shame they didn't win, though. A point gained for United in a game they wouldn't have expected anything from.

not a point gained for them at all, they were expecting to win to try and stay in touch with us. Very much 2 points dropped for them

Yeah there was an Everton fan on the radio saying something like that. Howard as well he reckoned was part of the problem.

Sometimes I wonder if clubs just like to stick with a keeper for a long time as they think it benefits the team (stability, Same wavelength with the back 4 etc.) despite some keepers going though bad patches and probably deserving to be dropped.

I have no idea about Howard though. Never really seen much of Everton

Yeah there was an Everton fan on the radio saying something like that. Howard as well he reckoned was part of the problem.

The fans have been desperate for him to be dropped since well into last season.

I think most people that follow the PL closely are aware of Stones's inability to defend now. They concede from a mistake by him almost every game.

Back