• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

Im actually happy to see Swansea moving away from the Relegation zone for a few reasons. I like them as a club, they play football the right way. Always have done since being in the prem. Have knocked a few clubs down for us. And also we have a mint record against them :)

To all the people saying Top 4 is over if we don't do well these next couple of weeks...is that really the case? I mean surely just by logic we have a really tough run in the next 3 PL games or whatever it is, but that must mean we then have an easier run towards the end of the season? It can still all even out - we come through our tough period but other sides will still have to go through theirs.

Sunday holds the key for me, and just not losing. As mentioned above, I just dont think we can afford to let the gap get more than 5pts by Sunday night. 5 or less, then possibly it can be overturned

You look at that bottom half of the table, and can't really say any of them are nailed on to go down. This could be the closest relegation battle for ages

You look at that bottom half of the table, and can't really say any of them are nailed on to go down. This could be the closest relegation battle for ages

Right now I'd say Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Brom and one other. Stoke and Southampton should have enough quality to stay up.

You are right. Look at Wet Spam. Their point tonight has taken them into 10th place, top half of the table. But they are only 4 points above the relegation zone. A couple of losses and they are dragged right back down. It’s still ridiculously close.

Sunday holds the key for me, and just not losing. As mentioned above, I just dont think we can afford to let the gap get more than 5pts by Sunday night. 5 or less, then possibly it can be overturned

Yeah. Agree

We need at least 4 from tonight and Sunday - just to stay in touch.

Completely doable - depending which spurs turn up

Right now I'd say Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Brom and one other. Stoke and Southampton should have enough quality to stay up.

I could not predict any right now. Just when you think a team look doomed they hit a good patch, and then somebody else looks likely, then they hit form.

Even Everton in 9th are not out of the equation if they hit another bad run

Im actually happy to see Swansea moving away from the Relegation zone for a few reasons. I like them as a club, they play football the right way. Always have done since being in the prem. Have knocked a few clubs down for us. And also we have a mint record against them :)

They did not play the right way against us at wembley earlier in the season. Paul Clement should have been arrested.

I could not predict any right now. Just when you think a team look doomed they hit a good patch, and then somebody else looks likely, then they hit form.

Even Everton in 9th are not out of the equation if they hit another bad run

Brighton have a mental run in. If there new striker who they brought injured does not score they are fudged.

Swansea..my new favourite other team. Liverpool and now Arsenal slain

201531022740_badger%20swan.jpg

Chelsea will be in trouble if they don't win the next 2 league games (Watford a, WBA h) imo. After that, they have this little run:

Utd away
City away
Palace home
Burnley away
Spurs home

Can see them falling out of the top 4 and both ourselves and Liverpool finishing ahead of them.

Anyone notice how Kante kinda switched off for the first goal?

Might be because he expected his defenders to deal with it, but he did appear to give up.

If we don't get a result vs pool I expect some to think we will not make the top four .... after this month we will know the reality of our chances

Back