• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

If we don't get a result vs pool I expect some to think we will not make the top four .... after this month we will know the reality of our chances
After the Arsenal game we have two games remaining against the top 6 (Chelsea and City). With 12 games left. I'm guessing most of our rivals for top four will have tougher run ins than us.

It will certainly be possible to close a gap. But if course a smaller gap or no gap at all will be better.

Prem only, obviously various cup and CL games not included

City:
Burnley A
Leicester H
Arsenal A
Chelsea H
Stoke A
Brighton H
Everton A
Man U H
Us A
Swansea H
West Ham A
Huddersfield H
SCBC A

Utd:
Huddersfield H
Saudi Sportswashing Machine A
Chelsea H
Palace A
Liverpool H
West Ham A
Swansea H
City A
WBA H
Bournemouth A
Arsenal H
Brighton A
Watford H

Liverpool:
Us H
SCBC A
West Ham H
Saudi Sportswashing Machine H
Utd A
Watford H
Palace A
Everton A
Bournemouth H
WBA A
Stoke H

Chelsea:
Waford A
WBA H
ManUtd A
City A
Palace H
Burnley A
Us H
West Ham H
SCBC A
Huddersfield H
Swansea A
Liverpool H
Saudi Sportswashing Machine A

So difficult to look at each club's remaining schedule and predict anything. Injuries, cup games, suspensions, weather all will have roles to play in the days ahead. But we can only go forward with confidence after that thorough beating of ManU. It's also sent a ripple of worry through all the other top six sides, bar City.

Wednesday night was supposed to be our top-four farewell ceremony, according to the experts. Now, you could fairly argue there's an air of crisis setting in at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Popgun Palace. Beat Liverpool - a big ask, to be sure, and their home ground will quickly become Angstfield.

Seen as a masterstroke

Gary Neville was unimpressed by Pep Guardiola's decision to only name six substitutes against Burnley, calling it "a joke".

Emirates Marketing Project's bench for Saturday's match at Turf Moor consisted of Claudio Bravo, Aymeric Laporte, Tosin Adarabioyo, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Yaya Toure and Brahim Diaz with no seventh substitute named as David Silva, Leroy Sane, Fabian Delph, Gabriel Jesus, Benjamin Mendy and John Stones were among the players unavailable.

Guardiola told Sky Sports "we don't have any more" when asked about the decision, explaining that the club's U23s were involved in a game on Friday night.

But Sky Sports expert Neville was unimpressed with that explanation, arguing a young player should have been given the seventh spot.

"I think it's a joke, I absolutely think it's a joke," Neville told Sky Sports.

"If you're a youth team manager at Emirates Marketing Project, ring him up and ask which kid deserves that boost. Who has been playing well this season and who has worked hard?

"Forget the second team. Even if they played yesterday, bring one and put them on the bench. Bring a kid to travel with the team, help the kit man and put him on the bench to have the experience of being in a Premier League game. Give someone a boost at the club.

"If you're the Academy or reserve team manager at Emirates Marketing Project you must think 'I'm wasting my time'. Forget the fact they've spent however much money, six players on the bench… to me it's like a protest.

"I'm not sure why he's peddling this theme. He's an absolutely incredible manager and the work he has done with this team is unbelievable and the team performance is absolutely outstanding.

"Things like that let you down. He doesn't need to do things like that."

Burnley equalise 1-1

Walker lost his man. Oh yes, he really has moved up another level since moving to City. The guy is unrecognisable from the Kyle Walker that played for us.....:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Everyone's handed City the title already. I still think they're going to win it, but ... maybe they're getting a bit complacent? A bit shaky as well? A few key injuries? Who knows! :p

I think my fantasy jinx worked again. Had both Sterling, Walker and Agüero in my team. I also kept my Manure trio of De Gea, Jones and Lingard, plus Salah and Firminho.

And I sold Kane.

Back