• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

This is about a team that has spent over £1bn since last winning the title, literally laughable

Rafael Benitez believes the Premier League's riches makes it hard for Liverpool to win titles

Honestly dont understand the fuss with this guy. Has had success, of course, but Id lose interest completely if he ever came to manage us.

And the irony on him bemoaning money when all he does as manager is trade players - seriously, he is worse than Arry for loving a transfer.

Brighton playing suicide football. Looks like a really poor team. Or actually, as a team they are just about ok, but individually they lack any form of quality.

Brighton are a decent unit, but limited. I think in games like this they almost write it off and just think "fudge it, lets just have a go" as nobody expects anything from them. They have Everton at home next, I wager they take that one quite seriously and look a lot better as a result.

Brighton, Huddersfield and Swansea for me.

I think Palace have enough reasonable players and Woy will get them out of trouble. Bournemouth will be very close to the drop as well

Huddersfield are a very good side, quite well suited to the league. Ive no doubt they can do like Bournemouth and Swansea before them by staying up while playing attacking football.

Swansea are 50/50 for me. I like Clement and think he can keep them up, but I also think its a big project and might amount to one of those where they go down and bounce back.

Palace on the other hand are stuffed. The players dont care, heads have gone. And without Zaha they lack real quality in attack. In fact they lack quality all round really. Plus they have a team built for a possession based, attacking 4-3-3 type manager, but an old school defensive 4-4-2 manager in charge, so hardly compatable...

Be a good time for The Sun to put their malicious ginger fabricator Paul Jiggins onto the Liverpool beat. He may not get into Anfield, but that post-game media conference would have been a hoot - for us, anyway - with him popping loaded questions.

Be a good time for The Sun to put their malicious ginger fabricator Paul Jiggins onto the Liverpool beat. He may not get into Anfield, but that post-game media conference would have been a hoot - for us, anyway - with him popping loaded questions.

Is the sun not already banned from anfield

I don't remember Liverpool creating chance after chance in that game. Coutinho goal was out of nothing, they had the corner where they hit the post and couldn't put away the rebound and the one where the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defender mis-kicked it. The best chance of the game was the one Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored. Liverpool got 2 shots on target, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5 shots on target.

Reporter should have showed some balls.

I really think Pool under Klopp has peaked .. his media relationship is getting worse and he's not suddenly going to focus on making them a defensive side after 3 years, so the problems will remain the same.

Coutinho is gone at end of season (if not winter window) and could see Mane getting an offer or two as well.

Best thing in the world would be to see him take Ancelotti's old job and them hire back Benitez and it all go south from there.

I really think Pool under Klopp has peaked .. his media relationship is getting worse and he's not suddenly going to focus on making them a defensive side after 3 years, so the problems will remain the same.

Coutinho is gone at end of season (if not winter window) and could see Mane getting an offer or two as well.

Best thing in the world would be to see him take Ancelotti's old job and them hire back Benitez and it all go south from there.

Bet they still kick our arse as always!

Bet they still kick our arse as always!

Wouldn't take the bet, we have struggled against them and that "Bum rush, long diagonal ball to wide pacey players" style for several years now.

If we play closer to how we played Dortmund (who is a superior version of them all day long), we could hurt them pretty badly. But Poch too often tries to match them up ... so not hopeful

Wouldn't take the bet, we have struggled against them and that "Bum rush, long diagonal ball to wide pacey players" style for several years now.

If we play closer to how we played Dortmund (who is a superior version of them all day long), we could hurt them pretty badly. But Poch too often tries to match them up ... so not hopeful

We need ‘a Dortmund’ to put them in their place!
But I also wouldn’t bet on it!

Against us last week Klopp was shown up as not being on the same level as the top managers. Other than efforts from 25 yards plus they created almost nothing, the other chances they did have all coming from bad mistakes from Saudi Sportswashing Machine and we were lucky to get away with one or two of them but in general play they offered very, very little. Rafa set the side up very well defensively and we forced them into only have Joe Gomez, the young full back, as an attack outline for the entire 90 minutes and he's crap. Klopp didn't recognise this or, if he did, he didn't have the ability to tactically counter it and find another way.

Starting to think he's just a shouty motivator type and not a top level manager.

Against us last week Klopp was shown up as not being on the same level as the top managers. Other than efforts from 25 yards plus they created almost nothing, the other chances they did have all coming from bad mistakes from Saudi Sportswashing Machine and we were lucky to get away with one or two of them but in general play they offered very, very little. Rafa set the side up very well defensively and we forced them into only have Joe Gomez, the young full back, as an attack outline for the entire 90 minutes and he's crap. Klopp didn't recognise this or, if he did, he didn't have the ability to tactically counter it and find another way.

Starting to think he's just a shouty motivator type and not a top level manager.

It's a trend though. The mangers becoming bigger than the players if they get their personality across. I think he is a chancer personally but he has won trophies.... although I dont see pool getting any

You must be happy with how your start has turned out now @Greg

Back