• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Even though it's just a club with a huge injection of cash beyond the scope of the competition in the league, this proposition is an excellent one. A lot of the world are already invested but if they can get a proper star (sorry Ben Foster), it'll take it to the next level. It's just whether Bale wants to get kicked up and down dodgy pitches in winter rather than being on a temperate golf course somewhere snazzy. Massive respect if he goes for it but understandable if not.

Rob McElhaney struck gold with this idea, great move to get Ryan Reynolds on board too. It's easy to say it's just because they're actors but I do genuinely believe they care and have become emotionally invested as opposed to just financially. The test will come when they plateau and FFP means they'll have to do something other than just throwing money at it.

Even though it's just a club with a huge injection of cash beyond the scope of the competition in the league, this proposition is an excellent one. A lot of the world are already invested but if they can get a proper star (sorry Ben Foster), it'll take it to the next level. It's just whether Bale wants to get kicked up and down dodgy pitches in winter rather than being on a temperate golf course somewhere snazzy. Massive respect if he goes for it but understandable if not.

Rob McElhaney struck gold with this idea, great move to get Ryan Reynolds on board too. It's easy to say it's just because they're actors but I do genuinely believe they care and have become emotionally invested as opposed to just financially. The test will come when they plateau and FFP means they'll have to do something other than just throwing money at it.

I agree the issue they will face is when the initial interest in the project from outside wanes and they find themselves ploughing in endless money to make promotions possible. Yes they make money on the TV rights etc BUT then the test with that also is the same, people want to tune in and watch with interest the initial impact and the initial success but will the Canadians and US market tune into a series two years down the line when they are mid table and struggling against Newport County away? Thats the test that many fall out. And it won't be as easy as throwing money into the project and it working, they missed out last year and lost the trophy final to boot and they will meet naturally bigger clubs on their way up. Believe it or not thats not me pouring water on it, I wish them all the best, its a big club in its own right and I will watch with interest, I am just cautious with what I have seen before, Salford being a classic example.

I agree the issue they will face is when the initial interest in the project from outside wanes and they find themselves ploughing in endless money to make promotions possible. Yes they make money on the TV rights etc BUT then the test with that also is the same, people want to tune in and watch with interest the initial impact and the initial success but will the Canadians and US market tune into a series two years down the line when they are mid table and struggling against Newport County away? Thats the test that many fall out. And it won't be as easy as throwing money into the project and it working, they missed out last year and lost the trophy final to boot and they will meet naturally bigger clubs on their way up. Believe it or not thats not me pouring water on it, I wish them all the best, its a big club in its own right and I will watch with interest, I am just cautious with what I have seen before, Salford being a classic example.

Reckon they'll tinkle League 2, League 1 is where they'll plateau and IF they ever made it to the Championship I think that's where they will stay for a good few years, and if that's what happens, fair fudging play.

Interest will wane at some point, Rob McElhaney says himself he got the itch from that Sunderland doc on Netflix, well that's not a thing anymore, Wrexham may get a few years of TV out of it but it will dry up sooner or later.

Reckon they'll tinkle League 2, League 1 is where they'll plateau and IF they ever made it to the Championship I think that's where they will stay for a good few years, and if that's what happens, fair fudging play.

Interest will wane at some point, Rob McElhaney says himself he got the itch from that Sunderland doc on Netflix, well that's not a thing anymore, Wrexham may get a few years of TV out of it but it will dry up sooner or later.

Oh they will rise for sure but like you say interest will wane. From a real positive point the infrastructure and rejuvenation of the area for somewhere like Wrexham is incredible and outweighs anything they do on the pitch

Anyone else nervous for the title showdown tonight? I’ve reached the point where Spurs results don’t impact my mood too much, but the thought of Arsenal winning tonight and going on to win the league makes me sick. Not like it hasn’t happened in my lifetime either so I should be used to it. I’m not someone who hates Arsenal more than I love Spurs but I wish their results wouldn’t make me so annoyed and grumpy, especially when they score so many bloody late goals. Any advice for not letting tonight’s result and the outcome of the league get to me?

Agree with your logic but anything is possible, especially if Reynolds and McElhenney stay interested. Look at Luton, couldn’t get out of the 5th tier for years and now they’re a good bet to get promoted to the PL.

Anyone else nervous for the title showdown tonight? I’ve reached the point where Spurs results don’t impact my mood too much, but the thought of Arsenal winning tonight and going on to win the league makes me sick. Not like it hasn’t happened in my lifetime either so I should be used to it. I’m not someone who hates Arsenal more than I love Spurs but I wish their results wouldn’t make me so annoyed and grumpy, especially when they score so many bloody late goals. Any advice for not letting tonight’s result and the outcome of the league get to me?

They are conceding bucket loads of goals lately so even if they win tonight there's a long way to go yet.. I'm not panicking yet lol

I'm going for 5-1 City tonight
Holding makes Dier look like peak Maldini so Haaland will have a field day against him
They have let in 7 in the last 3 games and I can't see that ending tonight

Agree with your logic but anything is possible, especially if Reynolds and McElhenney stay interested. Look at Luton, couldn’t get out of the 5th tier for years and now they’re a good bet to get promoted to the PL.

Yeah agreed on that too, wonder how ruthless they will / can be when Parkinson perhaps takes them as far as he can... They will have a budget a league or two above their station for a few years now, Mullin could do a job in the Championship now I reckon, so it's going to be interesting to see who they sign.

I'll be stickling a few quid on them to go up automatically next season, League 2 really is tinkle poor.

Yeah agreed on that too, wonder how ruthless they will / can be when Parkinson perhaps takes them as far as he can... They will have a budget a league or two above their station for a few years now, Mullin could do a job in the Championship now I reckon, so it's going to be interesting to see who they sign.

I'll be stickling a few quid on them to go up automatically next season, League 2 really is tinkle poor.

There's some stats about how many teams have gone straight up again after coming up from the conference. Think it's quite common.
Didn't the football league introduce some salary rules a couple of years ago though? Might be a bit more difficult compared to previous years

2 Ex Arsenal players making excvuse after excuse for Arsenal if they don't win the league and 1 Ex United player
Awesome pundit lineup from BT

Back