• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

If I was a ref (Which I never would) and I saw a player with those stupid holes in their socks, I would make them go to the side and change them and play on while they scrabble around putting new ones on for 5 mins! Just like they do when you get blood on you shirt etc.

Idiots with ripped socks!...

I've seen kids doing it in my grandsons games but I've also seen 40 year olds walking round with holes torn in their trousers, just a nation of sheep.

I saw a sub in an u12s game the other day do the 'touch the pitch and then the cross on his chest' thing when coming on the other day. The worlds gone mad.
My brother coaches his 10-year old lad's team, he's always telling me about the kids talking to each other on the pitch with their hands covering their mouths, putting their arm up for no reason before taking a corner, both hands pointing to the sky when they score, pulling up one leg of their shorts, clapping the non-existant crowd when they are substituted. One of the lads even wears a girls crop top vest from Primark under his shirt so it looks like the GPS bras that the pros wear.

I saw a sub in an u12s game the other day do the 'touch the pitch and then the cross on his chest' thing when coming on the other day. The worlds gone mad.

When I was a kid it was spitting, all 22 players just hocking up all game long because we saw Paul Ince or Nicky Barmby do it on MOTD, bit weird now I think of it.

Last edited:
My brother coaches his 10-year old lad's team, he's always telling me about the kids talking to each other on the pitch with their hands covering their mouths, putting their arm up for no reason before taking a corner, both hands pointing to the sky when they score, pulling up one leg of their shorts, clapping the non-existant crowd when they are substituted. One of the lads even wears a girls crop top vest from Primark under his shirt so it looks like the GPS bras that the pros wear.
:D

Some kid (10yo little prick who never passes) in my son's team ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the assembled parents the other week. Pulled out some elaborate celebration that he'd clearly seen his idol doing. To complete silence. Not even a single clap. It was beautiful.

When my then 6 year old joined his first team, the opposition had a free kick. As they sorted out the wall, he did the draught excluder! :D

I can’t shake the horrible feeling there’s going to be a twist before this ends.

Well, there's your twist.. Fat Sam appointed and his first match is against Emirates Marketing Project, cue a winning or equalising goal in the dying minutes.

Well, there's your twist.. Fat Sam appointed and his first match is against Emirates Marketing Project, cue a winning or equalising goal in the dying minutes.
Can't believe he has another job

As much as the Prem is regarded so highly and rightly so in places, there is certainly a pantomime element to it all. This season is as mad as any for it

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Sam Allardyce talks up Leeds credentials: ‘I’m up there with Guardiola, Klopp and Arteta’

Sam Allardyce insists his managerial knowledge is “up there” with Pep Guardiola, Mikel Arteta and Jurgen Klopp following his appointment as Leeds United manager.

Leeds confirmed the appointment of Allardyce on a short-term deal for the remainder of the season on Wednesday, with Javi Gracia leaving his position as head coach.

The 68-year-old has been tasked with maintaining Leeds’ Premier League status with four matches of the 2022-23 campaign remaining.

“Far too many people think I’m old and antiquated which is so far from the truth,” Allardyce said in his first press conference. “I may be 68 and look old but there’s nobody ahead of me in football terms. Not Pep, not Klopp, not Arteta. It’s all there with me.

“They do what they do, I do what I do. In terms of knowledge and depth of knowledge I’m up there with them. I’m not saying I’m better than them but certainly as good as they are.

“I just wish sometimes you can get the opportunity that you can show it, but that’s never going to happen for me now apart from keeping Leeds up.”

https://theathletic.com/4484926/2023/05/03/sam-allardyce-leeds-guardiola-klopp-arteta/

Back