• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

We may knock the goons but if we played with their intensity we'd be doing a lot better performance wise. As good as we may get this season it's depressing knowing how dominant City are.

We may knock the goons but if we played with their intensity we'd be doing a lot better performance wise. As good as we may get this season it's depressing knowing how dominant City are.
TBF if we played teams as weak as arsenal had I’d be disappointed too if we didn’t play a lot better than we have

The way we are going if it continues, I think we will drop out of top four....But win a cup! Hopefully it's the CL.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

The way we are going if it continues, I think we will drop out of top four....But win a cup! Hopefully it's the CL.

Once again our best bet will be the League Cup to get some silverware. I hope we take it serious

scraped? they should have been out of sight by half time.

Yeah, level with 15 to go - we could have been out of sight v Forest a lot sooner than we were, i don't think you would be calling that game comfortable going by your postings

Last edited:
Once again our best bet will be the League Cup to get some silverware. I hope we take it serious
It depends...Higher chance of Emirates Marketing Project, pool and Chelsea getting knocked out in the CL.

TBF if we played teams as weak as arsenal had I’d be disappointed too if we didn’t play a lot better than we have
Palace away was a hard game under Viera. Watched some of Fulham's games, they've been organised and a threat going forward with Mitrovic, we'll need to up our game this weekend to beat them. The others they've played are against similar to us quality wise with the exception being Chelsea.
All I'm really saying is they seem to be 'at it' from the first whistle whereas for the most part we appear to be 'off the pace' for long periods. All part of Conte's plan hopefully and a lot more to come from this group of players.

Palace away was a hard game under Viera. Watched some of Fulham's games, they've been organised and a threat going forward with Mitrovic, we'll need to up our game this weekend to beat them. The others they've played are against similar to us quality wise with the exception being Chelsea.
All I'm really saying is they seem to be 'at it' from the first whistle whereas for the most part we appear to be 'off the pace' for long periods. All part of Conte's plan hopefully and a lot more to come from this group of players.
Nah
Palace away was when palace were starting their pre season. Palace had a mare this summer, it’s well worth reading up in. Palace now round give them a better game
Fulham was tough and arsenal were lucky in the end
Leicester, Bournemouth and villa are all massively struggling. They are much much weaker teams than we have played.
None of the sides they have played will finish top half imo
It’s not about being ready from other off, it’s about playing a whole 90 for me

Nah
Palace away was when palace were starting their pre season. Palace had a mare this summer, it’s well worth reading up in. Palace now round give them a better game
Leicester, Bournemouth and villa are all massively struggling. They are much much weaker teams than we have played.

Palace gave them a good game and were unlucky to lose as did Fulham.

I also think that Arsenal may have neglected fitness training over the summer in favour of perfecting their game plan - if you look at their results from preseason they were all good big wins, it's like they went out with the intention of taking each game seriously and really sticking it to the opposition - whereas most teams tend to play preseason games out of obligation and in first/second gear, this has set them up well to play their game from the off and are clearly a lot more 'at it' than the other top teams (bar City)

I think they were hurt last season with the way it finished for them and they approached the summer with a fire in their bellys to have a good season and make up for their failure, but i honestly do expect to see them tail off quite dramatically as the season wears on and when the 2 games a week & European football ramps up, i don't think they will have taken any particular steps to help them navigate the fixture congestion ahead of the World Cup, their squad isn't noticeably stronger in depth and it was already struggling with one game a week.

Nah
Not being ready from the off yet playing the whole 90? A bit of a contradiction no? You must admit we've looked sluggish for large parts of our games, it seems quite a regular thing for us to start slowly for some reason.

Not being ready from the off yet playing the whole 90? A bit of a contradiction no? You must admit we've looked sluggish for large parts of our games, it seems quite a regular thing for us to start slowly for some reason.
Not really
You need to pace yourself
We were ready from the off yesterday but only played a decent first half

I also think that Arsenal may have neglected fitness training over the summer in favour of perfecting their game plan - if you look at their results from preseason they were all good big wins, it's like they went out with the intention of taking each game seriously and really sticking it to the opposition - whereas most teams tend to play preseason games out of obligation and in first/second gear, this has set them up well to play their game from the off and are clearly a lot more 'at it' than the other top teams (bar City)

I think they were hurt last season with the way it finished for them and they approached the summer with a fire in their bellys to have a good season and make up for their failure, but i honestly do expect to see them tail off quite dramatically as the season wears on and when the 2 games a week & European football ramps up, i don't think they will have taken any particular steps to help them navigate the fixture congestion ahead of the World Cup, their squad isn't noticeably stronger in depth and it was already struggling with one game a week.
I agree
They are nicking the 1 goal wins again which is great for points and confidence but doesn’t necessarily show a team that’s on total control
They are playing really well it seems and form what I’ve seen IMO they are at their best already… will that last.

Back