• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

I still can't accept VAR. I would rather celebrate a goal instantly, where a striker looks level with a defender (and then find out later on watching Match of the Day that he might've had a toe offside) yet the linesman couldn't possibly see it so gave the benefit of doubt, Rather than half heartedly celebrate and wait 2mins to check lines on a TV screen. It just kills the enjoyments of scoring goals.

I would prefer if they just butted in and told the ref when he missed something obvious, like tell the ref when there was a sneaky elbow, or if a red card tackle wasn't actually that bad etc. Instead of focusing on finding ways to rule out goals

It should be the refs decision whether to use var or not. If he's made a decision it should stand. It was how it was used at the world cup and there was minimal disruption.

How can it be the refs decision to use VAR or not? If he hasn't seen an incident he's not going to know to use VAR.

If the ref didn't see it, it didn't happen. If it was dangerous or violent the player can be given a retrospective red after the game. The ref would use var if he was unsure of a decision, like a handball or push.

It's how it was used in the world cup and everyone complimented it. Kept the game flowing.

Part of me still wishes we got Graham Potter last summer instead of Nuno. I wonder where we’d be now.

If the ref didn't see it, it didn't happen. If it was dangerous or violent the player can be given a retrospective red after the game. The ref would use var if he was unsure of a decision, like a handball or push.

It's how it was used in the world cup and everyone complimented it. Kept the game flowing.

Then lets not have VAR at all and leave everything down to the ref?

Of course it happened. If a red card incident happened then it should be pulled up by VAR. And if anything like that happened in the Euros VAR would've looked at it without the ref asking.
If VAR isn't used to take bad mistakes, like missed violent conduct, by the ref out of the game then what's the point?

I have rated Tielemans highly but the more i watch him when Leicester are playing badly the more i feel he is not a player you would want in your team. He is 100% a player who shuts off and can’t be bothered when things are not going right. Not someone who plays for the coach.

Don’t get me wrong he has bags of ability but its not a player i would trust.

Back