• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Price of Football

We will have to have crucifixes at football grounds for some fans/martyrs to be nailed too at this rate. If you dont like the price walk away.

Bang on, it seems that some fans do not get that its all about supply and demand, if you do not like the price of anything walk away others will take your place.

It been like that for years and it will continue to be so not matter how hard SOME may bitch.

there are plenty of people that lament the old days, each to their own, what amuses me most is that people want to blame the current owners, the PL, Sky

the current situation was made inevitable by professionalism, these wheels started turning a long long time ago

I can not ague with that, its the same with ticket prices I have been going for years and there have always been those that bitch about how much THEY are FORCED to pay.

...or we have simply mostly empty stadiums with middle-aged watching who haven't the energy to jump, scream and shout...

Who would be missed if they didn't attend games? And how can anyone know if they would stop going or not?

And also, how do you get the next generation of fans?

Those Korean go bat brick crazy over a yellow card - it's all taken care of!!!

All it's taught anyone is that the owners can't be up front about fleecing the fans - they have to do it in an underhand way.

Maybe; but as i say, fans might be a touch more untrusting now and will likely be more hawkeye to any underhand tactics to increase prices beyond what would be considered 'fair'

Well, Arsenal were a workforce club for the Royal Arsenal, so they had legitimate clubs origins, They rather ruined it my moving away, though.

Chelsea had a similar origin to Liverpool. An owner with the ground who wanted a football club to provide profit. He wanted Fulham to move there - the ground is in Fulham, after all - but in the end he had to create his own club. Liverpool fans get very upset when their shared history with Chelsea is pointed out.

Thanks; that's a great history you've provided. Some of which will be used to goad some Liverpool AND Chelski fans:D

advertising, promotions, deals, same way any other business does

Lol; is that why you support Spurs? If you take all your friends not too much older than you who also support Spurs, how many of their children who also support Spurs do so because of "Advertising, promotions" etc?

Also, would you take your kids to watch Arsenal due to tem having cheaper tickets AND a better 'premium product'? (Remember also that it's easier to get to Arsenal on the whole transport-wise..)

My point being you love Spurs and are happy to pay as much money as possible to continue watching Spurs and also seem to think it's fine that owners charge (sometimes extortionately higher) prices to do so and if others complain about that it's hogwash...yet you lament what money has done to the game. Seems a contradiction there to me...

I have no idea what if anything you spend you spare money on but whatever it is I would think its because you want to, I spend my money on following Spurs, no one forces me or holds a gun to my head ( and I guess its the same for you in regard to what you spend your money on). As for a contradiction you are seeing something that is just not there ( but go ahead and think that way if it makes you feel good :rolleyes:).

If some feel they are being ripped of ( by extortionately high prices) then I would think they would spend their money elsewhere, supply and demand, pays your money and takes your choice.

The other side of the coin is ticket availability. If they suddenly dropped prices to £10, there would be a lot more demand. Would those willing to pay current prices be happy to take a lottery where they might not get tickets?

I think that's b0llo0cks...as is this 'premium product, you have to pay for it' thing.
There are enough corporate seats in some of the premier grounds to keep many sections tickets much more 'affordable' than they are.

After all, what stops any of us going to The Emirates to watch The Arsenal if they start charging 50% of our prices? After all, with their CL matches against Bayern, Barca etc they currently offer a more 'premium' product don't they so why would we stay and watch us?
Why? Because of that intruicate innate 'loyalty' we feel to continue to watch and support Spurs.

Owners will ignore that (and instead take the 'you pays your money you takes your choice' route) at their peril...

This may be true, just reporting on the report I saw.

It said something along the lines of - if football was to expensive why are crowds at all time high, when in the past, late league/early prem the attendances were crap...some clubs could increase more and still fill their seats. And if Spurs charged £15 a ticket the queue would be down the road and there would be riots, thats not a solution, its like Tesco giving away 60inch TVs because of great profits, which would cause riots, black Friday....

I dont agree, because I think there is a simple economics in football, cut the game in half and you still make players rich, but it was a very interesting argument

Lol; is that why you support Spurs? If you take all your friends not too much older than you who also support Spurs, how many of their children who also support Spurs do so because of "Advertising, promotions" etc?

Also, would you take your kids to watch Arsenal due to tem having cheaper tickets AND a better 'premium product'? (Remember also that it's easier to get to Arsenal on the whole transport-wise..)

i support spurs because i developed an interest in football and my friends were already spurs fans

you asked how to attract new customers not how to monetise existing leads

if it was more convenient all round, yes

The other side of the coin is ticket availability. If they suddenly dropped prices to £10, there would be a lot more demand. Would those willing to pay current prices be happy to take a lottery where they might not get tickets?

the long and the short is, football fans will moan about ticket prices until they get to go to every game for free, until we have a stadium with a capacity of 500k and no turnstiles someone will be whining

people are cheap

Funny, it was slightly different for me. I developed an interest in football and my friends were Arsenal fans.

Do you genuinely think that the owners have just given up on that income cat video on youtube?

They'll have just dropped the top price and bumped all the others to compensate.

They scrapped game categorisation.

Ca7xro4WcAEAWuw.jpg

Back