• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Price of Football

Cax7IodWwAAwC1U.jpg

The West Ham one should start at £1 though.
And end at £1 too.

€95? I get they are in London but that seems a little excessive, unless you get a free caravan or something thrown in.

I was reading about their model to increase the number of season ticket holders for the new stadium. The idea was that a season ticket holder could buy two more season tickets beside their own seat for friends or family. On the face of it sounds like a good plan but it seems to have badly backfired. The uptake has been way more than they anticipated and what has happened is that the prime seats have all been gobbled up by what are 1st time season ticket holders and fans who have been paying for a tickets for over 20 years in some cases have been shoved to the back of the stand. Not happy camper(vans) over there.

Last edited:
it would be interesting to see the data on how far away season ticket holders of the popular clubs live on average

FSG have backed down, no £77 tickets.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/10/liverpool-back-down-ticket-prices-77

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35546090

This will be seen as a big win but the cynic in me see's a lot of wiggle room for stealth increases elsewhere.

Scum also back down on some weird surplus charge to STs based on number of top tier cup games this season.

fudged up part of all this is seat income is becoming less and less relevant, yet clubs are insistent on raising the prices regardless of the obvious bad publicity.

Heard earlier that due to next seasons tv money, all clubs could give away every ticket for free next season and still be no worse off financially.
Absolutely ludicrous that some clubs will raise ticket prices.

My goodness, it actually worked. Who would have thought!

For sure they'll try again next year - in the meantime I suspect Liverpool club merchandise, stadium hot dogs and beer will all be subject to a sneakily calculated, yet seemingly insignificant price increase, just enough to cover FSG's loss of revenue from frozen ticket prices.

Heard earlier that due to next seasons tv money, all clubs could give away every ticket for free next season and still be no worse off financially.
Absolutely ludicrous that some clubs will raise ticket prices.

Arsenal and Utd get around £100 from matchday. The improved TV deal certainly won't cover that. We get around half that and I don't think that would be covered either. It might be true for some of the smaller clubs, e.g. Bournemouth.

Well done to the Liverpool fans. Similar action being taken by Dortmund fans too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35464102

I also read on BBC Sport that the Premier League's bottom club will pocket £99m a year from next season which means clubs could let every supporter into every home game free next season and still bring in the same revenue as this season. Personally, I'd like to see the clubs go even further, especially after they voted against capping away match day tickets at 30 pounds.

Well done to Liverpool fans i say as well.

How many of you would thought that they would be doing something that now or later we'd be thankful for eh:p

Well done to Liverpool fans i say as well.

How many of you would thought that they would be doing something that now or later we'd be thankful for eh:p
Do you genuinely think that the owners have just given up on that income stream?

They'll have just dropped the top price and bumped all the others to compensate.

Do you genuinely think that the owners have just given up on that income cat video on youtube?

They'll have just dropped the top price and bumped all the others to compensate.

yep, instead of the 250 seats that were going up by £18 for Cat A games in one stand now 30,000 seats for Cat C games have gone up £2

Great argument in the Times..

Firstly said the scouse fans bullied people to leave and abused those that did not

Also said if you reduce ticket costs you dont solve any problem, you create more and create an even greater divide as people will be stuck on lists

Do you genuinely think that the owners have just given up on that income cat video on youtube?

Funny how some just dont get this. I dont subscribe to The Times but if it the guy I think it is who wrote the piece, he's very good.

FSG will have many more scraps with Liverpool fans before they jack it in.

That's probably the case, but the act by those Liverpool fans has shown that owners cannot just take things for granted. If they are going to still strip fans dry they are going to either a) show greater justification b) do it much less blatantly.

The loyal-fan-cash-cow will run dry eventually

whats the point of a club spending vast sums of money to improve its stadium and increase capacity if there is no financial inducement to do so

all grounds are not equal, its one of the few area's (within FFP) a football club can leverage it's advantage over smaller/less popular teams

Liverpool fans will still complain about transfer spending after this whilst the irony flies far over their heads

Back