• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Always liked Carroll however he has Dier, Mason, Bentaleb, Alli and Dembele ahead of him for the CM spots so I really don't see him having a long-term future at Spurs. I think he'll need to leave at some point in order to get enough games

(before people say it: I accept that Dembele and Alli can also play further forwards however I think Poch would start either of those two ahead of Carroll in CM)

Not bad for a 'sixth choice' CM. Fantastic, intricate forward passing last night. Not afraid to put a foot in for his size either.

If he had the ability to retain the ball under pressure a bit better, he'd almost be a Modric clone. Hope he gets more opportunities as the season goes on.

Always liked Carroll however he has Dier, Mason, Bentaleb, Alli and Dembele ahead of him for the CM spots so I really don't see him having a long-term future at Spurs. I think he'll need to leave at some point in order to get enough games

(before people say it: I accept that Dembele and Alli can also play further forwards however I think Poch would start either of those two ahead of Carroll in CM)

Up to him I suppose. Can't imagine we wouldn't want him to sign a new contract.

He may or may not have a long term future as a regular start for Spurs looking 2-3 years down the line. But right now he's a good player to have in the squad, and if he's happy staying around past the summer I think it would be a good thing.

Certainly looked happy after his goal last night. I think it was a good move from Poch to give him the start and give him the start in a fairly strong line-up.

I thought he was fantastic today. Always looking to be direct, pass forward and had some really nice touches. A great game and I'm really happy about it!

I agree, I have always loved watching Carroll as he reminds be a little of Modric. He keeps the ball moving and after passing the ball is always moving into space for the return, he does get knocked of the ball quite easily ( unlike Modric) but if Poch could work on this he will be a very good player.

I agree, I have always loved watching Carroll as he reminds be a little of Modric. He keeps the ball moving and after passing the ball is always moving into space for the return, he does get knocked of the ball quite easily ( unlike Modric) but if Poch could work on this he will be a very good player.
Brad Freidel commentating for Fox in the US of A kept saying that Carroll is one of the most skillful players at the club

Who in our current squad do you actually rate?

Samways was a really good player, just not suited to this league. He had a great career in Spain.

It'll always be hard for a Samways when he's competing with Gascoignes (Alli and Onomah).

Vorm's the only player left in our squad I don't rate. Though I think Townsend, Carroll and Fazio's times are at an end because we have better younger players forcing them out (Pritchard/Oduwa, Onomah/Winks, Veljkovic/2CV).

Samways was a really good player, just not suited to this league. He had a great career in Spain.

It'll always be hard for a Samways when he's competing with Gascoignes (Alli and Onomah).

Vorm's the only player left in our squad I don't rate. Though I think Townsend, Carroll and Fazio's times are at an end because we have better younger players forcing them out (Pritchard/Oduwa, Onomah/Winks, Veljkovic/2CV).
Thanks for the answer, mate.

Thanks for the answer, mate.

I actually usually agree with a lot of GB's posts, despite the abuse he gets, however a lot of the stuff from him over the last few days have been astonishing, capped by the idea that we should rest Kane against Saudi Sportswashing Machine

He reminds me of modric just clearly not as good

He is a metronome player who keeps the ball moving and effectively

He doesn't waste a pass and is generally very tidy

He reminds me of modric just clearly not as good

He is a metronome player who keeps the ball moving and effectively

He doesn't waste a pass and is generally very tidy

I don't think he's aggressive enough with his passing. He's a safe sideways passer, rather than someone who tries to impose themself on a game like Mason and Bentaleb.

I don't think he's aggressive enough with his passing. He's a safe sideways passer, rather than someone who tries to impose themself on a game like Mason and Bentaleb.

He had a key pass for the first goal yesterday and scored the 4th through being aggressive!!!

Yeah he could be more creative with his passing but that actually comes from his give and hi style rather than raked passes over the top or slide rule. It's why he plays in my eyes similar to Luka

He just isn't anywhere near as good but he will still have a good career and will progress with more games at higher levels

He had a key pass for the first goal yesterday and scored the 4th through being aggressive!!!

Yeah he could be more creative with his passing but that actually comes from his give and hi style rather than raked passes over the top or slide rule. It's why he plays in my eyes similar to Luka

He just isn't anywhere near as good but he will still have a good career and will progress with more games at higher levels

I still think the EPL, with its physical demands, is the wrong league for him though. He'd rip it up in somewhere like Italy or Spain. The same thing I used to think about Huddlestone. It's a shame English players are too timid/greedy to travel more.

Forever a hero for that goal at Oldham when we really really REALLY needed it! Kiddo!

As I did say about Carroll, his appearance at Carrier bag was great and appears to have saved his Spurs career. Marvelous. Delighted for him as at one point, he was my hope to fill the void Luka left (albeit never quite as Luka was next level obviously)...

I still think the EPL, with its physical demands, is the wrong league for him though. He'd rip it up in somewhere like Italy or Spain. The same thing I used to think about Huddlestone. It's a shame English players are too timid/greedy to travel more.

There are some plenty of non physical players doing well - you only need to look at Joe Allen and Leon Britten for me to see similar examples at a footballing side

When he's confident he's great to watch because he loves to just give and go and knit play together all over the pitch. His constant movement in that regards makes him a nuisance because he can pull players out of position. 2-3 seasons ago he played in the Europa league and was one of our best midfielders on the night because he kept that workrate up.

The problem for me is that he doesn't try to do it often enough IMO. If he went 90 minutes doing that then he'd be in the team, but he can disappear and that is a problem.

Back