• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Looks like this season we are at last regularly filling the stadium for PL games. Average so far is around 61,600 which, allowing say 1000 for segragation, means in effect every game has been sold out. So we seem to be clear at last of the effects of Covid. Last season's average was around 55,500, with the Liverpool game being the worst affected, only around 40,000 turned up for a game that is usually sold out weeks ahead.

Although total ticket sales, including STs, would have been much higher of course, so at least the income would have been more. But fewer fans in the stadium means less income from booze, food, shirts, etc.

Looks like this season we are at last regularly filling the stadium for PL games. Average so far is around 61,600 which, allowing say 1000 for segragation, means in effect every game has been sold out. So we seem to be clear at last of the effects of Covid. Last season's average was around 55,500, with the Liverpool game being the worst affected, only around 40,000 turned up for a game that is usually sold out weeks ahead.

Although total ticket sales, including STs, would have been much higher of course, so at least the income would have been more. But fewer fans in the stadium means less income from booze, food, shirts, etc.

Cl games instead of conference will also help fill it out.

We've the 10th highest average attendence this season in europe. (Behind west ham).

https://khelnow.com/football/2022-10-world-football-top-10-clubs-with-highest-attendance-2022-23
Hmmm so West Ham have averaged 53 people less than their total capacity in the conference league this season? I call flimflam.

In fact I’ve just checked the official west ham website and they say 40,767 was the attendance v Anderlecht last week. Also FCSB it was just over 33,000!

I don’t reckon they’ll break 30k for their next home game which is a dead rubber.

Hmmm so West Ham have averaged 53 people less than their total capacity in the conference league this season? I call flimflam.

In fact I’ve just checked the official west ham website and they say 40,767 was the attendance v Anderlecht last week. Also FCSB it was just over 33,000!

I don’t reckon they’ll break 30k for their next home game which is a dead rubber.
Maybe it's only based on league games but they offer a lot of cheap tickets and practically give them away for kids

Maybe it's only based on league games but they offer a lot of cheap tickets and practically give them away for kids
Yea I think you’re right. I read the “in Europe” part as in European games, but it must mean domestic league games in Europe.

still reckon that’s a bit funny though, must be the famous logging tickets sold rather than through the gate

The average ticket price across the attendance would be interesting.
As you say, the Hammers are virtually giving them away.

Also, Levy doesn't mind a big % of ST holders as that money is guaranteed and if resold (exchange etc) it's just more income for that seat on top.

It seems to me a lot of effort getting a sponsor for £25m a season.

Doesn’t actually seem much at all in the grand scheme of things. £25m won’t get you much these days.

is there something I’m missing? I’m aware it would be a record sponsorship but just doesn’t seem anywhere near as big a deal as people make it out to be?

Doesn’t actually seem much at all in the grand scheme of things. £25m won’t get you much these days.

is there something I’m missing? I’m aware it would be a record sponsorship but just doesn’t seem anywhere near as big a deal as people make it out to be?
£25m over 20 years pays a huge chunk of the loan for the stadium
It’s also guaranteed money

The average ticket price across the attendance would be interesting.
As you say, the Hammers are virtually giving them away.

Also, Levy doesn't mind a big % of ST holders as that money is guaranteed and if resold (exchange etc) it's just more income for that seat on top.

Not really, as if you sell your ST on the exchange, you get a refund so it nets out. They do make a bit of money if the ST is a concession though, as the exchange is always full price I think but the refund is based on the concession price for that game category. But I'd imagine in most cases it's adult STs on the exchange.

Not really, as if you sell your ST on the exchange, you get a refund so it nets out. They do make a bit of money if the ST is a concession though, as the exchange is always full price I think but the refund is based on the concession price for that game category. But I'd imagine in most cases it's adult STs on the exchange.
I obviously didn't mean loads:)...but it's all extra. How much does your ST divide into per game? (And is that is what you receive?)'m sure (in fact I'm certain) the exchange price is more plus I think they add on a fiver (eg £59 becomes £64).

For an inhouse system that (literally) virtually runs itself it helps bump the average bums on seat price up. And as you say the junior to adult bump up is real gravy.

Last edited:
I obviously didn't mean loads:)...but it's all extra. How much does your ST divide into per game? (And is that is what you receive?)'m sure (in fact I'm certain) the exchange price is more plus I think they add on a fiver (eg £59 becomes £64).

For an inhouse system that (literally) virtually runs itself it helps bump the average bums on seat price up. And as you say the junior to adult bump up is real gravy.

Price per game, if equalled out across 19 games, would be £53.
If sold on the Exchange, I'd get £65 for a Cat A game, £55 Cat B and £45 Cat C. So there might be some upside for the club I guess.

Its likely a bigger picture thing that triggers payments all over based on the commercial deals we have with our partners. Spurs are building what they call "Destination Tottenham" all the deals we make feed into another someway, its creating a monster that will become apparent very soon TBH

Its likely a bigger picture thing that triggers payments all over based on the commercial deals we have with our partners. Spurs are building what they call "Destination Tottenham" all the deals we make feed into another someway, its creating a monster that will become apparent very soon TBH

Iitc there was something posted in an article over the summer which basically said Tottenham expect to be the strongest club in the league, in terms of revenue, within a decade - the stadium sponsorship will be part of us heading towards that

Iitc there was something posted in an article over the summer which basically said Tottenham expect to be the strongest club in the league, in terms of revenue, within a decade - the stadium sponsorship will be part of us heading towards that

Our last accounts had us as £360m.
Due to covid we only got £2m matchday. That will probably increase to £120m+ for this season (adding other events).
CL if we get out of the group stages another £50m+.
Cinch is what £10m a season? Gettir aswell.
Naming rights £25m.
Should finish higher than 7th. If it's 3rd that's an extra £20m.

Looking at this season getting close to £600m turnover. Possibly overtaking liverpool and chelsea. Far above arsenal. Utd probably not and there is no point counting city.

Back