• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Quarter Finals

Very disappointed and annoyed that all the South American teams have now went out of the World Cup. This means there will be another boring all-European final to be decided on penalties after a 0-0 or 1-1 draw or a 1-0 win yet again. South American teams have badly let down this World Cup. They rarely turn up whenever the World Cup is being held in Europe and that is the case this time again. All the 5 South American teams (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia and Peru) started poorly in this World Cup but improved after that only to finish poorly again.

Really thought Uruguay and Brazil will progress and meet in the Semi finals. Instead, both were poor in the Quarter Finals and deserved to go out. Both had a good defensive record until now but their stupid mistakes in defence have cost them dearly. Remember, Uruguay had only conceded 1 goal before this match. France didn't even play well but Uruguay made it easy for them with school boy defending and toothless attack. They badly missed Cavani but that should not be the excuse to play like school boys. Thought Suarez will inspire them but he was poor in all their matches in this World Cup and he was missing again in this match. Annoyingly, the Uruguay goalie made a stupid blunder that killed the game for them. Still not very convinced of France as they seem to lack the mental strength to win major trophies after the way they lost the Euro 2016 final at home to Portugal.

Brazil have been unconvincing in this World Cup but their tight defence have been rescuing them until this match. But they were let down by poor defending in this match when they scored an own goal despite not being challenged by any Belgium players. Brazil were chasing the game after that and duly conceded another goal which killed the game off. Their attack looked toothless despite dominating the second half and scoring a late goal. Neymar's play-acting earlier in this World Cup came back to haunt them as they were not given 2 possible penalties in this match. Belgium played like champions in the first half but didn't turn up for the second half. They need to be more consistent if they want to go on and win the World Cup.

European teams have now won the World Cup for 4 consecutive times which means they have won a total of 12 World Cups, compared to 9 by South American teams. Remember, South America and Europe have been winning the World Cup on an alternate basis up until 2006. The 2010 WC in South Africa seemed to have tipped the balance for Europe. Brazil and Argentina's failure to win the 2014 WC in South America have made it even worse for them. This is the longest South America have gone without winning the World Cup since the 1934-1938 period.

South American teams should really look at themselves and their preparation on why they have been poor in the World Cup since 2006. It is no coincidence that their poor form in the World Cup started after they invented the stupid 18-match marathon qualifying format in 2002. They have failed to win the World Cup since then. Having 18 qualifying matches are too tiring and seems to be causing the South American teams to lose their form in the World Cup. They should make the qualifying format much easier with 2 groups of 5 teams teach.

World Cup is all about South America V Europe. I think most neutral fans got attracted to football and World Cup due to the great Brazilian teams of the past. It is really not in the interest of the World Cup to have these passionate South American teams going missing for 4 World Cups in a row. Let's hope South America will come back stronger and make the World Cup more exciting by winning the World Cup in 2022 in Qatar and 2026 in North America !

EMPTY SEATS? SURELY NOT!

We've just had word from one of our reporters in Samara that there could be up to 10,000 empty seats at the match today!

The Samara Arena stadium has a capacity of 42,000 but only 32,000 tickets have been sold, officially 2,836 to England fans and 3,000 to Sweden fans

EMPTY SEATS? SURELY NOT!

We've just had word from one of our reporters in Samara that there could be up to 10,000 empty seats at the match today!

The Samara Arena stadium has a capacity of 42,000 but only 32,000 tickets have been sold, officially 2,836 to England fans and 3,000 to Sweden fans

I've been checking on the FIFA website this week and there's been nothing left. I didn't bother yesterday. Just checked now and there is availability.
Having said that, I could have got late tickets for the Panama game. Then I checked out the price of flights....and it didn't seem quite so appealing.

I've been checking on the FIFA website this week and there's been nothing left. I didn't bother yesterday. Just checked now and there is availability.
Having said that, I could have got late tickets for the Panama game. Then I checked out the price of flights....and it didn't seem quite so appealing.
I read that they released another 2k tickets yesterday for the game but by then it was too late for fans to get to Samaras

The head of my department at my work (he is a multi millionaire) has with his pals hired a private plane to go today, alright for some !!

The last week has been the most excited I have been about our national team for a long long time

I literally can't wait for later, am feeling like I do for a big Spurs game

Lots of the media are going with Dier in for Dele

We really don't need 2 holding players against a team that will just sit back

That would be a mistake
Very strange. What we'll need most against Sweden's two banks of four is invention and penetration. Not sure how Dier achieves that.

Ball was going out of play and not under control of the player, no pen for me

(If that's the one you were talking about)

yeah ...but he was kicked before the ball went out of play IIRC ..he may have been able to get to the ball...so I would say Penalty..your point taken though!

yeah ...but he was kicked before the ball went out of play IIRC ..he may have been able to get to the ball...so I would say Penalty..your point taken though!

I don't think he would have tbh, maybe if the challenge was further back and he had space/time but that was going straight out - you see those sorts of penalty claims turned down all the time when it's a goalkeeper involved.

Don't really know what the ruling is there either

England V Sweden might be a tight match. Won't be surprised if this goes into extra time and penalties. Sweden deserves respect for finishing above Netherlands and beating France in the qualifying, beating Italy in the play-offs and almost beating and then causing Germany's exit and then thrashing Mexico in this World Cup. It seems they enjoy playing against the big teams. Their football seems to be based on old English football which makes it hard to play against them. No wonder they have a good record against England since the 1960s. Can see them making England work hard in this match. Kane has been single handedly lifting England with 6 goals so far, which makes him the top scorer of this World Cup. Remember, 6 goals would have made him the top scorer in 9 of the last 10 World Cups since 1978. The only exception is 2002 when Ronaldo scored 8 goals to become the top scorer. Kane can easily overtake that looking on his current goal scoring form. Let's see if Kane can continue his goal scoring run in this match.

Russia V Croatia will be a tensed match. It is always good to have the hosts progressing very far in any major tournaments. The home crowd will always lift their team. Russia played well in their first 2 matches but relaxed against Uruguay and then play defensively against Spain. Not sure how they will play against Croatia. Croatia have better players but they were very fortunate to win against Denmark. Let's see if the Russian crowd can lift their team to progress to the semi finals.

England V Sweden might be a tight match. Won't be surprised if this goes into extra time and penalties. Sweden deserves respect for finishing above Netherlands and beating France in the qualifying, beating Italy in the play-offs and almost beating and then causing Germany's exit and then thrashing Mexico in this World Cup. It seems they enjoy playing against the big teams. Their football seems to be based on old English football which makes it hard to play against them. No wonder they have a good record against England since the 1960s. Can see them making England work hard in this match. Kane has been single handedly lifting England with 6 goals so far, which makes him the top scorer of this World Cup. Remember, 6 goals would have made him the top scorer in 9 of the last 10 World Cups since 1978. The only exception is 2002 when Ronaldo scored 8 goals to become the top scorer. Kane can easily overtake that looking on his current goal scoring form. Let's see if Kane can continue his goal scoring run in this match.

Russia V Croatia will be a tensed match. It is always good to have the hosts progressing very far in any major tournaments. The home crowd will always lift their team. Russia played well in their first 2 matches but relaxed against Uruguay and then play defensively against Spain. Not sure how they will play against Croatia. Croatia have better players but they were very fortunate to win against Denmark. Let's see if the Russian crowd can lift their team to progress to the semi finals.

"Relaxed against Uruguay"? They went down to ten men. Hardly had a difficult group, with the Saudis and Egypt being two of the weakest sides in the competition.

Ball was going out of play and not under control of the player, no pen for me

(If that's the one you were talking about)

Disagree it was a clear pen, IF the same is done to Kane today there would be foaming from the mouth on here if it was not given.

Back