• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So this im presuming means England are out?

Trying to work out the permutations ****in difficult when ****ed off.

Well, England can still make it. Italy just needs to thrash Costa Rica and Uruguay, and England thrash Costa Rica in the last game.

Italy + 1 goal
Costa Rica + 2 goals
Uruguay - 1 goal
England - 2 goals

... as it stands. So, let's say Italy win 2-0 tomorrow. Costa Rica will have 0 goal difference, and 3 points. Italy beats Uruguay say 1-0, leaves Uruguay on 0 goal difference and 3 points. That way England will need to win by 3 goals vs Costa Rica. It all depends on Italy beating and scoring some goals on both Costa Rica and Uruguay, and England winning the last game. Can very well happen.

Last edited:

There's a chance if Italy beat Uruguay in the final game. Can see that one playing out as a bore draw though.

Nah we beat Costa Rica and Italy beats Uruguay and we're tied on 3 - comes down to goal difference

still, if Italy win tonight it's not over yet

Italy should beat Costa Rica and they will certainly beat Uruguay, the problem is are we good enough to beat Costa Rica?

Far from it mate, just want to see the 11 players on the pitch who give us the best chance to win these games.

Yeah I agree but blaming Gerrard for a header he didnt win is pure pathetic. Its the blame game that I dont like. Anyways we lost but I thought England played better than them but they finished their chances, we didnt.

Two more wins for Italy, and a big win for England against Costa Rica, and you'll be through. Stranger things have happened! :D

Yeah I agree but blaming Gerrard for a header he didnt win is pure pathetic. Its the blame game that I dont like. Anyways we lost but I thought England played better than them but they finished their chances, we didnt.

he won the header alright, perfect flick on, only well weighted ball he delivered all night

If it's tied between three teams on 3 points, won't they just remove Italy before calculating the GD? It's down to the head-to-head between those three?

still, if Italy win tonight it's not over yet

Italy should beat Costa Rica and they will certainly beat Uruguay, the problem is are we good enough to beat Costa Rica?

Italy will happily draw their remaining group games to win the group and keep their important players fresh for the serious action later.

They are in a different league.

Didn't expect anything else with this WC. Slight hope against the Italians but reverted to type tonight.

I don't want to see Rooney or Gerrard anywhere near the pitch for the Costa Rica game, time for a new England team.

If it's tied between three teams on 3 points, won't they just remove Italy before calculating the GD? It's down to the head-to-head between those three?

It'll be GD first then head to head. But if GD is equal between the three and we're tied on points then each side would have one win and one defeat against the other two

Uruguay 2-1 England

Shots: 8-12
On target: 2-6
Possession: 38-62

Uruguay completed 164 of 257 passes
England completed 357 of 436 passes

Take ons:

Uruguay 4/5
England 17/26

Tackles

Uruguay 23/40
England 15/19

Italy will happily draw their remaining group games to win the group and keep their important players fresh for the serious action later.

They are in a different league.

it's the different league bit that's key, they are so much better than the other 3 they can't possibly not win

Costa Rica beat Uruguay

Uruguay beat England

England beat Costa Rica

I guess then it would come to GD although cant see it. Like you say I think Uruguay and Italy would be one of those bore draws

Back