• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you want QPR to get relegated?

Taarabt is hardly a model professional

He's a complete and utter knob. I remember not long before he left us he said he should have chosen Arsenal ahead of us and that he'd be laving for one of the top four in Spain even though it was clear he was nowhere near good enough to play for any of them. Championship/ youtube player and always will be.

Didn't Jose say that the FA approached him to take the role?

The FA are stuffy types no doubt, but Redknapp is a man who would always have more loyalty to his media lifestyle and his media mates (not to mention opening his gob about sensitive matters that should probably stay in-house) than the FA, the players or the job at hand. An absolute no-no for the FA (who unlike clubs cannot afford the negative side of Redknapp and his media-friendly whims).

Comparing Redknapp with Clough from a coaching perspective is laughable :ross:

Yeah cos Mourinho always tells the truth :ross: He spouts just as much *******s as Redknapp.

I wasn't comparing Redknapp and Clough on ability, just their personality/tendencies to shoot from the hip.

I really think you need help with your obsession over always ****ging off Redknapp :lol:

Not sure but he did give Brooking both barrels in his book. The FA don't want outspoken managers like Clough and Redknapp. They'd probably turn their nose up at Mourinho too I reckon. Looks like Southgate is being groomed for the role anyway.
I think Brooking had already called 'Arry's methods into question at that point. In fairness, I think it was a retaliatory swipe.

Yeah cos Mourinho always tells the truth :ross: He spouts just as much *******s as Redknapp.

I wasn't comparing Redknapp and Clough on ability, just their personality/tendencies to shoot from the hip.

I really think you need help with your obsession over always ****ging off Redknapp :lol:

Jose is indeed a bulls***tter, but i'm sure the FA haven't denied it? What benefit is there to him being offered the job anay, compared to saying "he turned down Barca, for example."

Clough = Management ability + ability to shoot from hip; Redknapp = ability to shoot from hip + a LOT LESS management ability
So if the FA wouldn't/couldn't appoint Clough, there was zero chance of Redknapp getting the job (seeing as he's not even worth it on having enough management ability to balance the big mouth tendencies)

If I need help, then GHod hep me (i don't think i have said anything really contraversial)

Jose is indeed a bulls***tter, but i'm sure the FA haven't denied it? What benefit is there to him being offered the job anay, compared to saying "he turned down Barca, for example."

Clough = Management ability + ability to shoot from hip; Redknapp = ability to shoot from hip + a LOT LESS management ability
So if the FA wouldn't/couldn't appoint Clough, there was zero chance of Redknapp getting the job (seeing as he's not even worth it on having enough management ability to balance the big mouth tendencies)

If I need help, then GHod hep me (i don't think i have said anything really contraversial)

Was good enough to get us 4th, TWICE so he can't be that bad. Even your mate couldn't manage that.

Mate, you could get a team with King, Bale, Modric, VDV and a contract season Ade into 4th.

:ross: :ross: OK mate. Nevermind that Ramos couldn't get close with most of the same players and AVB couldn't either.

EDIT: We didn't even have Ade and VDV during the first 4th campaign.

Last edited:
:ross: :ross: OK mate. Nevermind that Ramos couldn't get close with most of the same players and AVB couldn't either.

EDIT: We didn't even have Ade and VDV during the first 4th campaign.

City weren't the Harlem Globetrotters at that point though - there's been one fewer space in the top 4 since that year.

I don't really want to get into the AVB thing again but what you've said is factually incorrect. He got as close as it's possible to get without it going down to goal difference. I'd call that getting close. Only Bale from that list was still in the team (Ade is not the same player as contract season Ade as you know).

City weren't the Harlem Globetrotters at that point though - there's been one fewer space in the top 4 since that year.

I don't really want to get into the AVB thing again but what you've said is factually incorrect. He got as close as it's possible to get without it going down to goal difference. I'd call that getting close. Only Bale from that list was still in the team (Ade is not the same player as contract season Ade as you know).

There were hardly Wigan either. They had at least 5 players that would have made it into our first 11.

The couldn't get close comment was aimed more at Ramos, but AVB still had Adebayor (who he fell out with) and Gareth Bale at the peak of his powers for Spurs. Granted he didn't have King (who was starting to decline the previous season anyway) and Modric, but he choose to sell VDV or Levy did so someone dropped a ******* on that one. People conveniently forget Arsenal also lost Van Persie who was better than any player we lost at the time.

Things are about to get (even more) interesting: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/20/adel-taarabt-harry-redknapp-qpr-spacegoat

Adel Taarabt accuses Harry Redknapp of making him QPR spacegoat

• Taarabt denies he is unfit after ‘three stone overweight’ claim
• ‘Redknapp’s claims hurt my reputation’ says midfielder

Robert Woodward

The Guardian, Monday 20 October 2014 23.46 BST

Adel Taarabt has denied claims by Harry Redknapp that he is overweight and accused the Queens Park Rangers manager of making him a spacegoat for the bottom side’s poor run of form.

Redknapp had accused the midfielder of being “about three stone overweight” after Sunday’s 3-2 home defeat by Liverpool. “He’s not fit to play football unfortunately,” said Redknapp before complaining about Taarabt’s attitude.

Taarabt claimed he was one kilo lighter than last season, which he spent on loan at Fulham and Milan, and said Redknapp’s comments could damage his career. “I think at the moment, because we are losing games he is getting upset and making excuses,” the 25-year-old told the Sun. “He is an experienced manager and should have been able to control the situation.”

“I am a professional – this is not about retaliation, this is about protecting my reputation,” Taarabt told the Daily Mail.

Adel Taarabt Queens Park Rangers
Adel Taarabt has played in only two Premier League games for Queens Park Rangers this season. Photograph: Tony O'Brien/Action Images

Taarabt, a former captain and fans’ favourite at Loftus Road, joined QPR in August 2010 after a period on loan from Tottenham. He has played in only two Premier League games this season, one of them QPR’s sole win – over Sunderland in August.

“My job is to create, bring goals to the team. Maybe he expects me to make more tackles. I am not this type of player,” Taarabt, a Morocco forward, told the Mail. “I can only get fitness playing Premier League. You can train six or seven hours, but you won’t be fit.”

1413827183070_wps_50_QPR_player_Adel_Taarabt_t.jpg

He's probably has done damage to his career with those comments but they were entertaining and no more than Harry deserved.

He reminds me a lot of Dalmat. All ego. I bet Taarabt's ideal football match would involve a crowd of 60,000 spectators and...just himself on the field. Pity his ability doesn't match his ego. Championship player at best.

It's just good to see some one with their pants at the correct height! No bum cracks please[emoji13]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back