• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 - Crowd Trouble

I just knew it would kick off like it has the past few days, shocking scenes and I feel for the genuine fan who went there to have fun

Can you just imagine how many are going to die in Russia in 2018

I just knew it would kick off like it has the past few days, shocking scenes and I feel for the genuine fan who went there to have fun

This is why the rest of the world are always happy if England don't qualify for any major tournaments. The English hooligans create troubles wherever they go. Not sure why you still need to allow alcohols near stadiums despite it being the cause of troubles everytime.

I'd be suprised if Russia prove the world wrong and host a tournament without any fan trouble but for me Euro 2020 is the one that could prove most troublesome. It's being hosted all over Europe and I think there will be a lot of fans causing trouble knowing they'll be off to another country in a couple of days time anyway.

Truly shocking hooligan scenes from last night.
It's interesting that the usual suspects that have usually been quick to blame it all on the English have been more silent since the Russian involvement has been become more apparent...

My mate who is a cop out in France said its mad, said the side streets were used by local and Russian Ultras to pick fans off. He said that England fans reacted but from his professional background Russians and French were organised

Truly shocking hooligan scenes from last night.
It's interesting that the usual suspects that have usually been quick to blame it all on the English have been more silent since the Russian involvement has been become more apparent...

its certainly being incited by others but it can't be ignored that England fans are being targeted because of the behaviour of England fans at previous tournaments

its certainly being incited by others but it can't be ignored that England fans are being targeted because of the behaviour of England fans at previous tournaments

How many years can that fact not be ignored? Will if have to take 20/30/40 years before blame about previous behaviour goes further down the list of reasons?

From a journo on twitter

2vHUaMS.png

How many years can that fact not be ignored? Will if have to take 20/30/40 years before blame about previous behaviour goes further down the list of reasons?

it'll take some changing, the short cut is for there not to be large groups of England fans at a few tournaments, we're dealing with idiots across the board here, it could be an RSPB field trip but to some people a large group of English people are automatically hooligans

tribal memories are long and football fosters grudges

I saw the video by England, I hope that behind the scenes they are giving it to UEFA since the French has officially blamed 150 Russians less than an hour ago.

I am all for us being punished for being guilty of what we might be guilty of, but the rules have to apply to all.

Clearly not. But it is translated into French.

Why bother translating it into Russian when this is what the Russian FA have to say (allegedly - although there may be some questions over the account from which this was tweeted) :
This comment is a total disgrace and is being widely criticized already in media.
Lebedev is a son of Russian nationalistic clownish politician Jirinovskiy and both of them are known to make brainless rash comments.

Good article from Stan Collymore who was caught up in the violence the other night.

http://betting.boylesports.com/football/euro-2016/saw-innocent-fans-picked-local-thugs

Was a good article although I do wonder if having fan embassies is really a solution at all. They would probably just become targets themselves, and larger ones too, as the majority of fans will be there. A bit like when Spurs fans have gathered in pubs abroad and still been attacked.

These attacks are becoming a problem though at both international and club level. If you're English you're pretty much guaranteed to be targeted by rival fans or foreign police.

I hope the FA refuse their ticket allocation for 2018 and suggest all England fans watch the World Cup from their homes. Leave the stadia half empty and don't get involved. I really can't see the attraction in putting yourself in the situation where at best you will be seen as a 'thug' by just being with other England fans, or at worst subjected to serious violence by locals, hooligans and/or the local police. That goes for France but will be amplified in Russia.

If the French authorities have identified 150 Russian hooligans, they need to be ejected from the competition at the earliest possible time.

England have had two fans charged and are therefore rightly subject to a warning, but the French authorities have also arrested 3 Frenchmen and an Austrian, both of who's countries should also receive a similar warning if charged.

None of the above excuses any violence or thuggery on any part. However the playing field should be level for all parties caught up in this.

So some England fans are not as innocent as some are making out.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...o-england-fans-jailed-over-marseille-violence

Of course there are some tacos out there who are a disgrace to England fans and I don't think anyone has denied that.

This section caught my eye though

"French authorities admitted that around 150 "hyper violent" Russian football hooligans escaped arrest, and that a teenage England fan was among six Britons that have been charged with public order offences."

So six Brits got done as 150 Russians got away, good work France.

Back