• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Group B - England, Russia, Slovakia, Wales

27253A4E00000578-3019334-image-a-43_1427795598757.jpg

at his peak the greatest of his generation, I'm a massive fan

I don't think anyone outside of Leicester seriously believes Vardy is better than Kane as Kane has shown he's more than a one season wonder. But Vardy looks fresher and is getting into the right positions, Kane just isn't putting himself about enough.

I don't think anyone outside of Leicester seriously believes Vardy is better than Kane as Kane has shown he's more than a one season wonder. But Vardy looks fresher and is getting into the right positions, Kane just isn't putting himself about enough.

Tend to agree with this, in the last three England games Kane has been a shadow of himself. I would like to see more of Sturridge as well.

Tend to agree with this, in the last three England games Kane has been a shadow of himself. I would like to see more of Sturridge as well.

Kane hasnt has a single pass successfully played to him in the Euros.

Look as where he's received passes today
vqIkBiD.png

And against Russia (red are attempted passes, lighter blue are chances created)
yaI84zG.png

I've yet to see anything to show me that Vardy is likely to end his career even being considered an OK player, let alone mentioned as being similar to Lineker.

As @galeforce said, had that ball come off an English head we'd all be saying how stupid he was to be stood there.
Look you don't have to tell me how good Lineker was because as a kid he was my favourite player and I only started supporting Spurs after he joined the club.

Imo the best one touch finisher in the area, in his pomp one of the fastest strikers ever, amazing movement and running off the ball, but he also scored more than his fair share of scrappy goals in the box

Right now Vardy is scoring these lucky types of goals, that's all saying. He seems to always be there. Call it jammy, lucky,whatever, but as he has proved for Leicester and now for England things are going right for him.

Did not stop Vardy or Sturridge scoring, i love Kane but i am not going to make excuses for him having poor games in his last three outings.

True. And I am not a blind-eyed apologist for him either. 'Everyone has an off day (or number of days) and it shouldn't be used to slate him. But Vardy and Sturridge did not have to rely on Sterling either. I would have liked to see Kane given a bit longer after Sturridge replaced Sterling. But we won and for once we can't criticise Hodgson for being overly cautious. So I am happy. Hopefully Harry will get another chance against Slovakia.

He always looked knackered mouth wide open gasping the air in. Thats Harry Kane.
He got twice as many touches as fresh Vardy.
It's not the mouth thing. He has never been quick but he looks really leggy right now. When on top of his game he is much sharper in closing down the opposition. Also his touches seem lazier, lay offs looser.

He is not a machine you know. He has played non stop for nearly two years now with hardly a 3 week break last summer. He has played as a lone striker in all this time and for probably the most physically demanding managers at club level. Surely Harry is allowed to be at least mentally tired if not physically?

Or what are you trying to say that he is perfectly fine and everuone should ignore any potential tiredness just because in reality it's just his gaping mouth that makes him appear tired?

True. And I am not a blind-eyed apologist for him either. 'Everyone has an off day (or number of days) and it shouldn't be used to slate him. But Vardy and Sturridge did not have to rely on Sterling either. I would have liked to see Kane given a bit longer after Sturridge replaced Sterling. But we won and for once we can't criticise Hodgson for being overly cautious. So I am happy. Hopefully Harry will get another chance against Slovakia.

i do agree, i was not slating him just telling the truth as i saw it. In his last three games he has been a shadow of himself, I am sure he will play for England a lot more but these games we need everyone to be at there best and sorry to say Kane is not.

I'm sorry but Roy made a massive fudge up in both his team selections so far, can't believe I'm reading all this well done Roy gonads!?

It's quite clear to anyone whose ever watched a football match that sterling shouldn't be anywhere near this team at the moment and even clearer after the Russia game, yet Roy starts him in both? It was like playing with 10 men in both games, then low and behold he subs him with Vardy and we suddenly look good, what a surprise!

Trouble is he took Kane off as well and denied him the opportunity of playing in a team with 11 players and a bit of support up there. Sturridge was playing no better than Kane did before the goal and fair play to him for that great goal, but had he not scored i think we'd be reading a different narrative of his performance. I think he's a good player by the way and id be so tempted to start Sturridge myself as well, but put him up top on his own with lallana and sterling off him and see how well he does?!?

Kane's being made a scape goat for Roy's pathetic team selection.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but Roy made a massive fudge up in both his team selections so far, can't believe I'm reading all this well done Roy cobblers!?

It's quite clear to anyone whose ever watched a football match that sterling shouldn't be anywhere near this team at the moment and even clearer after the Russia game, yet Roy starts him in both? It was like playing with 10 men in both games, then low and behold he subs him with Vardy and we suddenly look good, what a surprise!

Trouble is he took Kane off as well and denied him the opportunity of playing in a team with 11 players and a bit of support up there. Sturridge was playing no better than Kane did before the goal and fair play to him for that great goal, but had he not scored i think we'd be reading a different narrative of his performance. I think he's a good player by the way and id be so tempted to start Sturridge myself as well, but put him up top on his own with lallana and sterling off him and see how well he does?!?

Kane's being made a escaped goat for Roy's pathetic team selection.

Sorry mate but you the one who is talking cobblers, but Stop! Hammer time.

What bit don't you agree with?

The trouble is people are so influenced by "the story" that the media feed them and Roy changing the game with his subs is today's story.

Pretty much all of it.

No the trouble with some people is that because Kane " is one of our own" some fans are blinded to the fact that he has been below his best in his last three games for England. Its not against the law to say that " one of our own" has played below his ability.

Pretty much all of it.

No the trouble with some people is that because Kane " is one of our own" some fans are blinded to the fact that he has been below his best in his last three games for England. Its not against the law to say that " one of our own" has played below his ability.

So you thought starting sterling was/is fine and you thought Sturridge played well (goal was great, but did he play well?)? They're basically the only two points I've made.

I think Kane played poorly in both games, I've never said he didn't, your building straw men here I'm afraid. I'm just looking at why he played badly, I even said in my post I'd be tempted to start Sturridge next game because I think he's good and got some magic about him, as he showed with the goal, but put him alongside Sterling as his main support and he won't do any better than Kane did.

Like you said Stop! Hammer time though, I just don't agree with your opinion Sterling should start or that Sturridge played well up to the goal.

Did not stop Vardy or Sturridge scoring, i love Kane but i am not going to make excuses for him having poor games in his last three outings.

Here's the passes Vardy recieved from his teammates he got fudge all service as well, only time he got it played to him in box ended up with the Sturridge goal. Vardy scored because he is in a ridiculous lucky streak where the ball comes off a defenders head straight to him right in front of goal in his first Euros game. He'll probably score the winning goal in the final with a shot falling to him after hitting both posts and coming off Lloris's arse.
pVBaIgr.png

The problem with English is none of their players play the 433 formation for their clubs and the striker is completely isolated.

Don't be fooled be the hype, England are still poor and any if the bigger teams will be glad to draw them in the k o rounds.
there is absolutely no plan or road to progression with England, short term rules.

Back