• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2014/15

i'm bored, so i'll explain myself again, i don't have "rivalry" with arsenal fans, I don't know very many, there was only one or two at school, I only converse with one or two now, pessimistic ones who just moan about them all the time, not ones to lord it or gloat when they beat us

liverpool fans on the other hand, surrounded by them all my life, gloating when they win a corner, stating every single player to wear that red shirt is the greatest player in the world in that position, they have never been beaten in a game, only cheated, in short they are all, to a man, deluded tossers

also, in my formative football years (the mid 80's), it wasn't arsenal we were trying to finish ahead of, it was liverpool and everton, they were the "rivals", the ones we had our eye on, it seems to me that over the last 30 years (my football life) we have spent more time on a level with the dippers (not that we were in their late 80's pomp) than we have with the arse, between us and our neighbours the differentiation has normally been greater

if they were not in such close proximity would anyone feel any different about them as they do the Manchester Clubs? if they were still in woolwich they would be no different to west ham or chelsea

you shouldn't pick your rivalries based solely on who's closest, that is illogical, even more so for me as I have no link whatsoever to the Tottenham area, it's a very English trait, look at Spain, look at American sport (you have to get a plane between Dallas and Philadelphia but it's still murderous), rivalries are built on on-field historicity or by fundamental political (or even religious) principles

to sum up, arsenal amuse and annoy me in equal measure, liverpool anger me, greatly

Last edited:
i'm bored, so i'll explain myself again, i don't have "rivalry" with arsenal fans, I don't know very many, there was only one or two at school, I only converse with one or two now, pessimistic ones who just moan about them all the time, not ones to lord it or gloat when they beat us

liverpool fans on the other hand, surrounded by them all my life, gloating when they win a corner, stating every single player to wear that red shirt is the greatest player in the world in that position, they have never been beaten in a game, only cheated, in short they are all, to a man, deluded tossers

also, in my formative football years (the mid 80's), it wasn't arsenal we were trying to finish ahead of, it was liverpool and everton, they were the "rivals", the ones we had our eye on, it seems to me that over the last 30 years (my football life) we have spent more time on a level with the dippers (not that we were in their late 80's pomp) than we have with the arse, between us and our neighbours the differentiation has normally been greater

if they were not in such close proximity would anyone feel any different about them as they do the Manchester Clubs? if they were still in woolwich they would be no different to west ham or chelsea

you shouldn't pick your rivalries based solely on who's closest, that is illogical, even more so for me as I have no link whatsoever to the Tottenham area, it's a very English trait, look at Spain, look at American sport (you have to get a plane between Dallas and Philadelphia but it's still murderous), rivalries are built on on-field historicity or by fundamental political (or even religious) principles

to sum up, arsenal amuse and annoy me in equal measure, liverpool anger me, greatly

You make some good points, but you've lost me again on the paragraph in bold. What on field history do we have with Liverpool compared to Arsenal? We've rarely been in a title race or relegation scrap with them, only played one or two finals against them etc. Compared to the on and off field history with Arsenal, who have won the league at our ground, twice and recently built a statue of one of the best players goading our fans, "history, class, tradition" is their slogan btw!

Liverpool fans are the most deluded in the country, no argument there. But if we are judging who we should dislike solely on this basis, then Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be our 2nd most hated club.

You say you live in London, but you're surrounded by Liverpool fans and hardly any goons? What part of London do you live in mate as they surely have the biggest fanbase in London?

I don't think Liverpool fans particularly like us, does any club like us btw? I would say most don't. But I doubt we would even register in their top 5 most disliked clubs; just guessing, I'd say it's

1) United
2) Everton
3) Chelsea

After that I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Arsenal's "history, class, tradition" thing is a joke right, have you ever met anyone who actually believes it?

The bolded paragraph is why we shouldn't generally focus on arsenal due to proximity, not why I focus on liverpool, those reasons are in paragraph 2

Not a fan of Saudi Sportswashing Machine either.

I live in essex, work in west london. Doesn't seem to matter where I am though, in Devon last year I saw a family of dippers in full kit, shirts were printed with MUM 1 and DAD 1.

Arsenal's "history, class, tradition" thing is a joke right, have you ever met anyone who actually believes it?

The bolded paragraph is why we shouldn't generally focus on arsenal due to proximity, not why I focus on liverpool, those reasons are in paragraph 2

I live in essex, work in west london. Doesn't seem to matter where I am though, in Devon last year I saw a family of dippers in full kit, shirts were printed with MUM 1 and DAD 1.
I could never understand adults wearing full kit. Looks fudging weird to me.

I think you are a severly misguided individual who needs a history lesson in the history, tradition and rivalries of Tottenham Hotspur :cool:

I think you are a severly misguided individual who needs a history lesson in the history, tradition and rivalries of Tottenham Hotspur :cool:

It's not that I like Arsenal, far from it. History alone is a very good reason to hate them, but it's not the same utter repulsion I feel about everything and everyone associated with Liverpool football club.

It's not that I like Arsenal, far from it. History alone is a very good reason to hate them, but it's not the same utter repulsion I feel about everything and everyone associated with Liverpool football club.

You sir are also misguided.

Arsenal's fans and players all hate us, just log on to Szecsney's, Wheelchair or Frimpong's twitter feed if you need further proof. Or turn on Sky Sports and watch any old interview with Thierry Henry.

Other than Liverpool's deluded fans, I don't get where there is such a dislike for them.

In a dream world Aston Villa win the FA cup, not only denying Arse but more importantly meaning we don't have to play in the Europa next season, getting my prayer mat out as we speak

but then we'd have to put up with timmy s boasting about his 100% fa cup win percentage

Back