• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2014/15

It's not that I like Arsenal, far from it. History alone is a very good reason to hate them, but it's not the same utter repulsion I feel about everything and everyone associated with Liverpool football club.

This totally. My hatred is greater for arsenal but Liverpool are a very close second.

The one time an Arsenal win could be of some benefit to us...

On second thought, it's not the first time, is it?

let me guess - the fa cup is more important than the premier league? if the league started in 2015, we'd have won the league?

i'm bored, so i'll explain myself again, i don't have "rivalry" with arsenal fans, I don't know very many, there was only one or two at school, I only converse with one or two now, pessimistic ones who just moan about them all the time, not ones to lord it or gloat when they beat us

liverpool fans on the other hand, surrounded by them all my life, gloating when they win a corner, stating every single player to wear that red shirt is the greatest player in the world in that position, they have never been beaten in a game, only cheated, in short they are all, to a man, deluded tossers

also, in my formative football years (the mid 80's), it wasn't arsenal we were trying to finish ahead of, it was liverpool and everton, they were the "rivals", the ones we had our eye on, it seems to me that over the last 30 years (my football life) we have spent more time on a level with the dippers (not that we were in their late 80's pomp) than we have with the arse, between us and our neighbours the differentiation has normally been greater

if they were not in such close proximity would anyone feel any different about them as they do the Manchester Clubs? if they were still in woolwich they would be no different to west ham or chelsea

you shouldn't pick your rivalries based solely on who's closest, that is illogical, even more so for me as I have no link whatsoever to the Tottenham area, it's a very English trait, look at Spain, look at American sport (you have to get a plane between Dallas and Philadelphia but it's still murderous), rivalries are built on on-field historicity or by fundamental political (or even religious) principles

to sum up, arsenal amuse and annoy me in equal measure, liverpool anger me, greatly

I don't hate 'rivals'...I hate sides who have wronged us either in their boardrooms or their stands, and I hate smug, clamy clubs. Arsenal tick every box there. Where I will grudgingly 'respect' them over, say, Chelski, is that they have tried to operate somewhat within their means. But for all those days at Scumbury, for all those horrible, horrible GG days, for all the Henry smugness, for 1919, for so many horrible, dirty fudging times. Chelski and West Ham are up there for me. Liverpool? Never got this. Yeah they were winning everything in the 80s, but again, having been to Anfield many times, I've never had anything less than a good day out at least and have always been treated with warmth and respect. That's my personal experience. I'll take that over the internet ;-)

fair enough Steff, each to their own

my reasons are personal, it's the being told who to hate I have an issue with

and all those odious things arsenal have done, annoying as they are, have been in attempt to win, you have to respect that, this is professional sport, win at all costs

Just to say that watching Clint Mackie's performance today was like seeing the definition of 'honest player'...ran his gonads off, everywhere, the proverbial 110% effort, wonderful to see...

fair enough Steff, each to their own

my reasons are personal, it's the being told who to hate I have an issue with

and all those odious things arsenal have done, annoying as they are, have been in attempt to win, you have to respect that, this is professional sport, win at all costs

Afraid I'll disagree on that point, if Spurs played to win at all costs, diving and cheating along the way I'd stop supporting them.

i think a lot of our own fans would dislike us - I mean AVBs team won at all costs yet got booed off due to keeping cleansheets.

Mourinhos Chelsea just got their 102nd cleansheet in 190 games under him.. boring, but they win things.

yeah

some would like us more though, I've not mentioned this before I quite liked AVB

I have a lot of respect for Mourinho

i dont think anyone would like us any more - we've only really been liked when we were playing some exciting football with likeable players.

The only thing I like about Chelsea is Mourinho. I get the impression that he becomes a caricature of himself and plays up to the role. I imagine away from football he's a very nice family man who acts with grace and integrity. However, the DNA of Chelsea FC allows for Mourinho to act the hateful, spiteful and disrespectful character that we see on the touchline. When he's at work his one and only priority is winning and does, and gets his team to do whatever they need to do to succeed. Most Chelsea fans are either plastic or pond life scum so they buy into this.

Begrudgingly I want them to win at the moment as they are the lesser of two evils as far as I'm concerned compared to L' Arse.

I never get the Liverpool thing; I won't say they're my second team or that I have any fondness towards them but for Spurs fans to even contemplate whether we'd wan't to beat L'Arse is baffling.

The only thing I like about Chelsea is Mourinho. I get the impression that he becomes a caricature of himself and plays up to the role. I imagine away from football he's a very nice family man who acts with grace and integrity.

far too often he goes over the line. i think hes probably a good family man too. but that doesnt excuse his horrific behaviour. which includes physical violence and distateful name calling. the level of his arrogance is massively unpleasant too.

compard to any of top level manager, his behaviour is by far the worst. having said this, perhaps football is just theatre, and chracters like him bring excitement and controversy to the game.

certainly something in that Neymar

also, his antics both divert attention from the players and add to the aura around him which will be a boon to their confidence

Back