• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

I sure he had an opinion on him and was asked, but it wasn't a case of Baldini saying,

"Hey Dan, there is this kid at Roma you've never heard of who is as good as Messi, yours for only 30m"

it would have been Levy seeking just another opinion on a player we had already analysed as a prospect from months of scouting, had Baldini not arrived or had it been someone else we would still have signed Lamela

knowing levy and looking at the final fee, I expect our opening 6m bid happened the summer before

I think that only a fool would say who was responsible for signing whom

indeed, it's never going to be one person

Maybe, but I'm sure people would be falling over themselves to praise him if all those signings had worked out. Don't seem to recall people saying "there was more than one person involved" when praising Comolli for the players he signed.

Maybe, but I'm sure people would be falling over themselves to praise him if all those signings had worked out. Don't seem to recall people saying "there was more than one person involved" when praising Comolli for the players he signed.

I think that is selective memory then because I remember plenty of talk about the committee at the time

I think that is selective memory then because I remember plenty of talk about the committee at the time

I couldn't answer for what was said at the time as I only joined GG in late 2010. I don't seem to recall anyone recently saying it was a committee re Commolli.

I couldn't answer for what was said at the time as I only joined GG in late 2010. I don't seem to recall anyone recently saying it was a committee re Commolli.

It definitely was. Levy has never relinquished full control of transfers and we have always said that the manager has a say in transfer targets.

It definitely was. Levy has never relinquished full control of transfers and we have always said that the manager has a say in transfer targets.

In an ideal world, the manager would pick who we sign. Or the director suggests a player to the manager and the manager has final say, i.e. if the manager says "No" then that should be the end of it. I still don't believe we are at that stage, just look at what happened with AVB. I'm all for the structure as I realise all big clubs have something similar in place.

In an ideal world, the manager would pick who we sign. Or the director suggests a player to the manager and the manager has final say, i.e. if the manager says "No" then that should be the end of it. I still don't believe we are at that stage, just look at what happened with AVB. I'm all for the structure as I realise all big clubs have something similar in place.

I find it difficult to judge from the outside. I have no idea what contribution different people make or who is in favour of what.

I think that it is telling that more clubs are moving towards a DoF, technical director, sporting director and I cannot think of any successful clubs moving in the other direction.

What I do know is that many managers have an interest in blaming unsuccessful signings on the DoF when they leave a club, for the same reasons that many old school managers used to blame the chairman.

I find it difficult to judge from the outside. I have no idea what contribution different people make or who is in favour of what.

I think that it is telling that more clubs are moving towards a DoF, technical director, sporting director and I cannot think of any successful clubs moving in the other direction.

What I do know is that many managers have an interest in blaming unsuccessful signings on the DoF when they leave a club, for the same reasons that many old school managers used to blame the chairman.

Do you think it's important that we as fans and/or everyone associated with the club knows who is signing the players?

Apparently this is a good ITK source, according to the person who referenced it on the Tottenham Hostpur Forums: https://www.shelfsidespurs.com/forum/threads/itk-thread.20868/page-103#post-1074753

Paul O Keefe ‏@pokeefe1 1h1 hour ago

Baldini going end of window 100% am told....

Anybody know if this Paul O'Keefe guy is reliable?

No - just a normal spouter.

I don't think there's anyway someone at the heart of our ongoing dealings would be let go at the end of the window - he'd've had to go before the start. If you are going to pay-off someone, would you want them knowing the contract details of all your new signings, and your 2-4 yearw in the future targets etc?

It would also seem strange to pay him off so soon after backing him to recruit a whole new team to work beneath him.

Back