• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Why would he go at the end of the window? We won't need to get him out before deadline day. He's not a player.
He'll go when his contact expires.

I don't think there's anyway someone at the heart of our ongoing dealings would be let go at the end of the window - he'd've had to go before the start. If you are going to pay-off someone, would you want them knowing the contract details of all your new signings, and your 2-4 yearw in the future targets etc?

That's illogical; you would want Baldini to work during the summer transfer window, that is his main part of the year, then he can go.

It may be we don't want him, or it may be that he wants to leave.

That's illogical; you would want Baldini to work during the summer transfer window, that is his main part of the year, then he can go.

There's far too much sensitivity attached to the role though. The second either party loses trust/confidence, you'd have to break off immediately.

You would want someone doing that job during the transfer window knowing that they will be gone in a month or two?

Seems like a terrible situation. Unless he's not at all involved in deciding on targets and only doing transfer negotiation. Even then it seems sketchy, he'll have more than an eye looking at his next gig during "the main part of the year".

You would want someone doing that job during the transfer window knowing that they will be gone in a month or two?

Seems like a terrible situation. Unless he's not at all involved in deciding on targets and only doing transfer negotiation. Even then it seems sketchy, he'll have more than an eye looking at his next gig during "the main part of the year".
Depends how professional he is. If we trust him. If he is still more use than gardening leave.

I really like the "leaner, younger, hungrier squad" we are assembling.

I'm hoping for a tight 24-25 man senior squad (rather than the unwieldy 30-35 we've been carrying for a few seasons). And I wouldn't be disappointed if Lloris and Verts are our only senior players left (i.e. older than 25/26)

I'm hoping for a tight 24-25 man senior squad (rather than the unwieldy 30-35 we've been carrying for a few seasons). And I wouldn't be disappointed if Lloris and Verts are our only senior players left (i.e. older than 25/26)

I would, you need 1 or 2 older heads around for when things are not going well, a Davids/Naybet/King if you will. Maybe if Llorente is true, then it will be him.

I'd wager our squad's average age will be somewhere between 23.75 and 24.25 (I.e,between 23 years and nine months and 24 years and 3 months) come the end of this window. Would be pleased by that, to be honest, and it would likely make us the youngest squad in the PL by some distance.

I'd wager our squad's average age will be somewhere between 23.75 and 24.25 (I.e,between 23 years and nine months and 24 years and 3 months) come the end of this window. Would be pleased by that, to be honest, and it would likely make us the youngest squad in the PL by some distance.

And a significantly lower wage bill..............

Why? Do you get a trophy for that?

I think we underestimate the importance of experience in the squad. I'm not saying it was wrong to ship the likes of Kaboul and co off, but an experienced head will always be a help to a young squad. The worry is when the chips are down. Will we have the character to stand up

Same here, though ideally I'd rather it was around the 20 mark.

That would be madness.

I think it could easily happen though.

All the CMs we are being linked with are U25 - Rabiot, Kramer, McCarathy etc. Only Suarez is older.

And all the forwards we are being linked with are very young too - Werner, Martial, Batshuayi, N'Jie, Mitrovic etc.

Keeping Fazio and Dembele on the fringes of the squad will be the only other older players we might have

Same here, though ideally I'd rather it was around the 20 mark.

With out record with injuries at times I think that would be way to much of a risk. If two or three players are out injured at the same time all of a sudden you've got a 17 man squad. Not even enough players to name a full bench! That could easily happen when we've got Europa League games, capital one cup games, FA cup games and league games all coming within the space of three days of one another.

That would be madness.

Agreed, basically bending over and telling teams below us we want to get rodgered.

I think it could easily happen though.

All the CMs we are being linked with are U25 - Rabiot, Kramer, McCarathy etc. Only Suarez is older.

And all the forwards we are being linked with are very young too - Werner, Martial, Batshuayi, N'Jie, Mitrovic etc.

Keeping Fazio and Dembele on the fringes of the squad will be the only other older players we might have
Llorente, Thiago Motta?

Back