• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Two of the players were his mess to clear up though; Paulinho and Capoue. But yes, whoever is responsible for the recent clear out deserves credit. Do we actually know who is responsible?
So you d
Thats kind of the point I was making. If we don't know who is doing what then how can we blame or praise him?
So you acknowledge you don't know who is doing what, yet above you claim two of the players sold were his mess to clear up?

Quite an interesting article. It's actually quite positive about him, so you do wonder why we would get rid.

Concentrating on developing our own players works to an extent, but you still need to have the contacts to make purchases and sales which is effectively what the article is saying Baldini has been doing. Will be interested to see what happens.

Ohhhhhhhh....

I refer people to this post i made back in July:

Apparently this is a good ITK source, according to the person who referenced it on the Tottenham Hostpur Forums: https://www.shelfsidespurs.com/forum/threads/itk-thread.20868/page-103#post-1074753

Paul O Keefe ‏@pokeefe1 1h1 hour ago

Baldini going end of window 100% am told....

Anybody know if this Paul O'Keefe guy is reliable?

I also refer to the following responses:

"No - just a normal spouter" - Gutterboy
"Just another wannabee" - Parklane1
"He tweets like he knows everything" - Markysimmo (lol, maybe he KNEW everything about this!)

So Paul O Keefe WAS ITK...he goes in the ITK hall of fame for this one...

@Gutterboy, @parklane1...BIG BIG dose of humble pie for you two wannabee debunkers...:D
cdb07fe52edfc220cecf3f84017ef78e_XL.jpg

You have to worry that this has been part of the reason why some of our attacking signings have seemingly been stalling...

Say what you like about Franky but he got deals done and dusted quicker than many (if not all) of his predecessors and if his main remit this summer was to deal in the sales of the likes of Kaboul etc (as Jason Burt's tweets earlier in the thread suggested) then perhaps he has had little to no involvement in those we have targetted to buy..
If we miss out on getting any of our main striker, WF and CM targets by the end of the window (i.e. we have no cover for Kane, no pace in the WF or striker areas plus have to use Mason and Bentaleb in front of the back four again) then we have been all at sea transfer-wise imo

A bit harsh! I can't think of many Directors of Football with significantly better records. Were Arnesen and Commoli that much better?

He's not actually a DoF. Official title was technical director I believe. His role has been to oversee and coordinate everything football related. Someone with his connections and vast experience is always useful to have.

Ohhhhhhhh....

"He tweets like he knows everything" - Markysimmo (lol, maybe he KNEW everything about this!)

@Gutterboy, @parklane1...BIG BIG dose of humble pie for you two wannabee debunkers...:D
Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Ohhhhhhhh....

Very true, but you know as well as I do the chances are if you throw a lot of brick about some is bound to stick. :p

Ohhhhhhhh....

You are Paul O Keefe aren't you? No one cares that much to defend some random attention seeking schoolboy on twitter to trawl up stuff like that.

This just reads like the usual - let's try and stir up a crisis at Spurs on the eve of a big game type story.

I'm still very confident that if Baldini didn't have Levy's full trust he would have had to go at the start of the window, not the end.

You are Paul O Keefe aren't you? No one cares that much to defend some random attention seeking schoolboy on twitter to trawl up stuff like that.

This just reads like the usual - let's try and stir up a crisis at Spurs on the eve of a big game type story.

I'm still very confident that if Baldini didn't have Levy's full trust he would have had to go at the start of the window, not the end.

No, doesn't really read like that at all.

He can have his full trust but still have the acknowledgement that things aren't working.
No harm in using his ability if he can maintain his professionalism and help us during the window before he goes.

Not so sure, logically Baldini would be the ideal man to shift the crud on that he bought in the first place........he probably got to know everyone pretty well (on the players side) on their way in so helps when assisting to shift them. Plus if any were continent bound Baldi is contacted up to the eyeballs.

Lets face it, we had/have plenty to get through re-shaping this squad.

That's illogical; you would want Baldini to work during the summer transfer window, that is his main part of the year, then he can go.

It may be we don't want him, or it may be that he wants to leave.

Told you so, nur nur ne nur nur (GutterBoy, Braineclipse, ModricTHFC) on page 59 :D

Back