• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Have to say, can't remember us having shifted this many players this early in window (well done).

Some experience in the CM/Striker space would probably be a decent investment.

Have to say, can't remember us having shifted this many players this early in window (well done).

Some experience in the CM/Striker space would probably be a decent investment.

Two of the players were his mess to clear up though; Paulinho and Capoue. But yes, whoever is responsible for the recent clear out deserves credit. Do we actually know who is responsible?

I don't think we've needed to shift this many players before. I think our squad was at 35 at the start of the summer, which is just ridiculous.

The culmination of having 4 managers in 3 years.

Two of the players were his mess to clear up though; Paulinho and Capoue. But yes, whoever is responsible for the recent clear out deserves credit. Do we actually know who is responsible?

Short answer = no ...

Assume Levy has had some input/change from usual M.O. I think the message is clearly once the price is "decent" certain players can go. In the past I think Levy tried to play too much hardball for our mediocre players and that delayed things. (I'm all in for him putting the pain on for players we don't want to get rid off, and understand the need to maximize every transaction, but this window just seems more sensible)

Re if Baldini is the guying doing the shopping around and/or negociating, we just don't know.

Short answer = no ...

Assume Levy has had some input/change from usual M.O. I think the message is clearly once the price is "decent" certain players can go. In the past I think Levy tried to play too much hardball for our mediocre players and that delayed things. (I'm all in for him putting the pain on for players we don't want to get rid off, and understand the need to maximize every transaction, but this window just seems more sensible)

Re if Baldini is the guying doing the shopping around and/or negociating, we just don't know.

Yeah the question I posed was kind of rhetorical. We can't rush to pat Baldini on the back just yet then.

I think that you should lighten up. It'll do you no good looking for people to blame even when things are going well.

I wasn't blaming him. The standard response when someone says someone negative about him is "well we don't really know who is making th decisions" or something along those lines so surely the same should apply for when making positive statements?

I wasn't blaming him. The standard response when someone says someone negative about him is "well we don't really know who is making th decisions" or something along those lines so surely the same should apply for when making positive statements?

as above...we have several parties involved in the decision making on potential signings - so unless there's specific bit of info which pins one particular player to one particular member of our staff it's just a guessing game as to who put them forward.

selling players is more straightforward - the manager will say who's expendable then the DoF will sell them, or at least try to. Levy may get involved in certain deals from time to time, or sign off on the final value etc but in terms of who does what it's pretty clear where the responsibilities lay

Don't you get bored of making these arguments?

Don't you get bored of making these arguments?

Do you actually want me to answer that? I don't see why it's an unfair question.

I remain unconvinced by Baldini, hence the question I originally asked, but I'm not of the opinion that he should be let go just yet as some stories have suggested. It would be unfair to be too critical of him to the point of "blaming" him for the transfer window two seasons ago but I really don't see why the question I posed is drawing the kind of responses above, yours in particular. For those that need to be convinced, can you not understand why some are at the very least just a little skeptical?

Last edited:
Back