• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

We have depth
Conte needs to earn his money now

How do you define depth?

For me two players for each position that fits the system and is somewhere between excellent and good enough. That would be depth.

We don't even have a starting lineup that fits that description imo. Not with Lloris currently doing what he's doing. Some positions we have depth, others very much not.

How do you define depth?

For me two players for each position that fits the system and is somewhere between excellent and good enough. That would be depth.

We don't even have a starting lineup that fits that description imo. Not with Lloris currently doing what he's doing. Some positions we have depth, others very much not.
Depth of squad
We have the two players
When one isn’t performing you change that player

Two players, but not two players that fit the system. That to me is depth.

I think the manager, being a world leader, would adapt to what he has until he gets what he wants

That’s what truly great, invested managers do

stubborn ones don’t adapt and then complain it doesn’t work

I actually think we have players that fit the system but we don’t have anyone with an appetite addressing the issue of the system exposing out key players playing to an inferior level…son and Hugo.

Conte can fix that, quite easily actually as he has options.

I think the manager, being a world leader, would adapt to what he has until he gets what he wants

That’s what truly great, invested managers do

stubborn ones don’t adapt and then complain it doesn’t work

I actually think we have players that fit the system but we don’t have anyone with an appetite addressing the issue of the system exposing out key players playing to an inferior level…son and Hugo.

Conte can fix that, quite easily actually as he has options.

What is that fix in your opinion?

except for keepers I much prefer not to watch over the hill players in the spurs team
the energy and promise of the future is so much more entertaining

He was only on the pitch for a few minutes but managed to be the worst player. Gave away two stupid fouls and should have got a yellow for both, and this:

23EB3397-DE79-4839-A79B-AB8A0E712C03.jpeg

Which circled player would you expect to be first to the ball there? It didn’t hurt us this time but a good example of how much he just switches off.

Expected so much from him at the beginning of the season, and even more on the back of the World Cup. Gotta be Davies at LWB for the big games at the moment.

Last edited:
He was only on the pitch for a few minutes but managed to be the worst player. Gave away two stupid fouls and should have got a yellow for both, and this:

View attachment 15166

Which circled player would you expect to be first to the ball there? It didn’t hurt us this time but a good example of how much he just switches off.

Expected so much from him at the beginning of the season, and even more on the back of the World Cup. Gotta be Davies at LWB for the big games at the moment.

He was pretty awful to be fair but it's funny his thread got a bump for him being awful yet Son's hasn't got one despite him looking like himself again...I do agree though despite the Son point, the ref had a mare. Also Davies crushed it as you eluded to.

Anyone else think we may have seen the result of some behind the scenes stuff yesterday?

Unhappiness with him being too passive, being told to be more aggressive defensively and he came on with a bit of a point to prove and overdid it slightly?

Still think he's a good and useful player. He's suspect defensively at times, being a winger converted to a wing back that's to be expected. But he's been left isolated a bit too often and it's not all on him.

Unfortunately he's also a bit suspect in buildup play at times. Tries the quick passing thing, but gets it wrong a bit too often for my liking. Get him in the final third though and he still has real quality.

Think he'll be back in the starting lineup soon. Hopefully a bit of a breather will have done him good.

Anyone else think we may have seen the result of some behind the scenes stuff yesterday?

Unhappiness with him being too passive, being told to be more aggressive defensively and he came on with a bit of a point to prove and overdid it slightly?

Still think he's a good and useful player. He's suspect defensively at times, being a winger converted to a wing back that's to be expected. But he's been left isolated a bit too often and it's not all on him.

Unfortunately he's also a bit suspect in buildup play at times. Tries the quick passing thing, but gets it wrong a bit too often for my liking. Get him in the final third though and he still has real quality.

Think he'll be back in the starting lineup soon. Hopefully a bit of a breather will have done him good.

I think we have seen the failed attempt to adapt a LWF into a LWB at 34, and TBH I have called for him to be played there instead of Sess, but in hindsight we would have probably seen the best of him in his strongest area had we done so when Son should have really been dropped. the blokes obviously a class act so hope he adapts and we see the player we know he is before his days are up

I think we have seen the failed attempt to adapt a LWF into a LWB at 34, and TBH I have called for him to be played there instead of Sess, but in hindsight we would have probably seen the best of him in his strongest area had we done so when Son should have really been dropped. the blokes obviously a class act so hope he adapts and we see the player we know he is before his days are up

He was already adapted to a LWB role under this manager. New league, new team, getting older by the minute like the rest of us. May be an adaptation too far. I'm not convinced it's a failed attempt.

He was already adapted to a LWB role under this manager. New league, new team, getting older by the minute like the rest of us. May be an adaptation too far. I'm not convinced it's a failed attempt.

Spent the vast majority as a LWF though and asking a 34 year old to get up and down the pitch in a key role is asking too much.

I think he gets up and down the pitch well. Problem has been more in the defending one vs one, and in part I think we've left him a bit too exposed a bit too often.
Loads of players have to deal with winning their one on one duels.

I think his opponent gets the better of him in defensive areas far too often.

The mitigation is 1. There are many good widemen in this league 2. He's 34. 3. He's not had a career of defending.

So in a roundabout way we are seeing what's to be expected.

He's a very good experienced player...if we were a team that controlled games and dominated the ball, his up and down workload and defensive situations would be much reduced. But we're not :)

Loads of players have to deal with winning their one on one duels.

I think his opponent gets the better of him in defensive areas far too often.

The mitigation is 1. There are many good widemen in this league 2. He's 34. 3. He's not had a career of defending.

So in a roundabout way we are seeing what's to be expected.

He's a very good experienced player...if we were a team that controlled games and dominated the ball, his up and down workload and defensive situations would be much reduced. But we're not :)

When we play better as a team he functions much better, even if we're not a team that controls and dominates possession. The two games against City as a quick example. First one he had several poor involvements, including issues that caused goals against. Second one I think he was fine.

I don't think possession dominating, game control through possession is in our future this season. But better overall performances, more consistency and him being a bit less exposed defensively may perhaps be a thing we can see? If so I think he can have an important role to play this session and be rather good.

I said in the OMT that it seemed like he was trying to get sent-off.

Didn't put in any tackles that were close to a red card?

Got a yellow really late on, but I'm assuming he wouldn't have made that tackle if already on a yellow?

He was playing with more aggression though. Could have been booked earlier.

Didn't put in any tackles that were close to a red card?

Got a yellow really late on, but I'm assuming he wouldn't have made that tackle if already on a yellow?

He was playing with more aggression though. Could have been booked earlier.
There were some stupid challenges by him that didn't need to be made. It's fine being aggressive but do it at the right time.

Why is it that Perisic gets a pass but Porro doesn't? One is an experienced veteran who has played a decent amount of games for us. The other is making his second appearance for us and is 23 years old.

Not trying to spacegoat Perisic, I just find it odd that he's not up there in terms of the criticism received. Also not trying to defend Porro as he wasn't excellent but at least showed some signs of life.

Back