• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

That doesn't mean a lot when there's hardly ever any teammates in the box and when there is they fail to win headers.
You saw on Saturday , a better performance from Perisic when we got on the front foot but when we sat deeper , a poorer performance. He's a much better lwb when we are pressing high as he's really a left winger.

That doesn't mean a lot when there's hardly ever any teammates in the box and when there is they fail to win headers.
You saw on Saturday , a better performance from Perisic when we got on the front foot but when we sat deeper , a poorer performance. He's a much better lwb when we are pressing high as he's really a left winger.
Indeed, with us likely not having a huge transfer fund this summer, it might make sense to keep Perisic as competition/cover for the LWF role and use the potential £27m for Danjuma on our priority positions - a left sided centre back that can play in a two, a central attacking creative midfielder and a goalkeeper , in order of importance IMO…. Assuming of course we now lurch to a 4 at the back manger for our next experiment.

He's actually been better since Conte left

Not sure id agree
Some to his crosses were awful
I mean his corners too we’re really bad at times too… eriksen level bad

Said it before but i will say it again, he has been a great player in his time but that time has passed and i would let him go at the end of the season.

Said it before but i will say it again, he has been a great player in his time but that time has passed and i would let him go at the end of the season.

I said it before, think he wants to go, he knows he's struggling with the pace/physicality for a WB role in the PL

If we wanted an older Pro, he was willing to not play every game and we were willing to play him in a more midfield/wide forward role, different, keeping him the year extra would be fine.

I said it before, think he wants to go, he knows he's struggling with the pace/physicality for a WB role in the PL

If we wanted an older Pro, he was willing to not play every game and we were willing to play him in a more midfield/wide forward role, different, keeping him the year extra would be fine.

Indeed.

He'd be much better in a front 3 where he doesn't have to run fully up and dwn the pitch. How many wingbacks are aged 30 plus for heaven's sake...
Agreed, which is why during Sons downturn I was shocked he wasn't used more as a plan B in that role.

I think a move to add experience in the CL and other games in that role would have been perfect, went very wrong and you are asking alot putting a 33 to 34 year old as a PL wing back.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Surely there are much bigger problems in this team than Perisic? 10 assists in all comps + a genuine threat from set pieces isn't a bad return and I'm not sure he's as poor defensively as is being made out (particularly given the shockers that Dier, Sanchez, etc. have had this season).

If we were to continue with wingbacks next season I'd happily keep him as backup, and even potentially as a winger depending on the other ins/outs.

If a team can organise it's defence faster than Perisic can cross, it nullifies much of Perisic's great crossing. We saw it in the last game, beautiful cross but it was almost always 3 v 6 in the penalty box.

Could work for early crosses from the half way line, like how Beckham often did for Man U, but it'd have to be Son up top for his pace and Porro as secondary option.

Going from Perisic one on one to make it 1 - 1 to going 2 - 0 down kind of sums up his time here. Not even vaguely challenged De Gea there.

The amount of chances he's had, the guy should be on 10 goals this season. I'd expect nervousness in finishing from the likes of Royal, Reggie, Sess etc but not Ivan. Just in an attacking sense It's not about legs as he gets in the right position time after time, but the technique for a supposedly two footed player has been a real let down.

Back