• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

Well everyone else seems to be getting a second chance (or in some cases multiple chances) so why shouldn’t Perisic?
I’m all for second chances but our fan base like the idea of it but when it inevitably goes to brick, they will cry about it and claim they should have been sold in the summer and blame Levy for being cheap. The worst part is, the fans who bigged them up after 1 game and claim they deserve a second chance will be the ones shouting the loudest about not selling them the summer before.

Is this another one where everyone was pushing him out of the door but now he had 1 decent pre season game people are finding space for him in the team?

Per my post before you, its him, Gil or Porro for one final attacking spot.

I’m all for second chances but our fan base like the idea of it but when it inevitably goes to brick, they will cry about it and claim they should have been sold in the summer and blame Levy for being cheap. The worst part is, the fans who bigged them up after 1 game and claim they deserve a second chance will be the ones shouting the loudest about not selling them the summer before.
I agree with you. But I would make a distinction between Perisic who has been with us for 1 year and who has proved his quality elsewhere and others like Ndombele, Lo Celso etc who’ve been around for several years without showing consistency anywhere.

Porro is IMO gonna Be played at RB or not at all

That will be a disaster IMO, he should be the back up for Deki with Solomon the back up for Son.....

Similarly to Perisic, if he was to stay, he would have to play in an attacking role and fight it out with Son and Solomon which would be more suited to him than playing a defensive role in which he is poor. I'm not championing him to stay but its alot less damage up that end of th epitch

Last edited:
Porro is IMO gonna Be played at RB or not at all

That will be a disaster IMO, he should be the back up for Deki with Solomon the back up for Son.....

Similarly to Perisic, if he was to stay, he would have to play in an attacking role and fight it out with Son and Solomon which would be more suited to him than playing a defensive role in which he is poor. I'm not championing him to stay but its alot less damage up that end of th epitch

I think it'll be risky early on (especially in combination with Romero)...but as the season goes on and we work things out, and let's say we dominate possession/games, his defensive duties maybe greatly reduced (we ourselves have to shake the vision of constant defending) and largely playing in the oppositions half. Let's face it, the boy can cross, and if TAA can contribute to a trophy winning team despite his defensive deficiencies, then Porro can as well.

Luckily we have a capable Royal, and a mix of the two, in Spence to call on.

He can definitely be a rotation option for Deki as well.

Still does his can be quiet for parts of game, pops up and contributes/assists to a goal, much better up the pitch.

Did not play like a guy leaving the club, the shoulder charge on their keeper was hilarious.
He has always had the Croatian pride
And he is notoriously fit
I wonder if less minutes but more more meaningful game time may suit him here

I think he looks great in Ange’s system. And we need him, with Porro shifted to RB and Gil injured. I’m sure he wants to prove himself in the PL too, after a disappointing first season. And can’t imagine us getting a fee for a 34/35 year old with a year left on his contract. Don’t see him leaving.

I was critical of him not being productive enough outside of set pieces last season. But clearly he should have been one of the attacking three forwards rather than wing back, especially at his age in the PL.

Putting him further forward and he seems to be producing more quality that we originally expected from him, albeit friendlies....

Maybe I’m wrong but this is just another example of Conte being so stubborn with his setup. He was so used to playing perisic as a LWB at Inter and couldn’t adapt or tweak his lineup to accommodate for Son playing out of form and with an injury, just shoving perisic game after game without any rotation… even after the World Cup bronze medal game. Perisic is very fit for his age but very few players can handle that kind of match load regardless of age.

I didn’t see a future for him at the end of last season but he might be a good option to have as LW or RW. As others have stated, it is just preseason but maybe he just needed some rest to refocus himself.

Still does his can be quiet for parts of game, pops up and contributes/assists to a goal, much better up the pitch.

Did not play like a guy leaving the club, the shoulder charge on their keeper was hilarious.
I loved it. He doesn’t know what a friendly game is. It's full on every time. He had a couple of other ones too. As you said, didn't play like someone about to leave. I'd want him here, as he is a very good player.

Oh dear. Im not sure how you can repair shot legs.

Unless the plan is to convert him into a CF? Conte was toying with that idea at one point wasnt he?

Oh dear. Im not sure how you can repair shot legs.

Unless the plan is to convert him into a CF? Conte was toying with that idea at one point wasnt he?
Have you watched any of the pre season games? Perisic has been rather effective playing as one of the wide forwards rather than wingback....

Back