• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

I don't pay too much notice of those stats.

Last season he was a WB which is not really a high scoring role but came back off the season with something like 8 assists in a really poor season. As I keep saying, he is best suited these days a WF and from what I have seen so far in his cameo he looks far more suited there. He has a wonderful left peg, I think he will be a key player for us and options for Ange this season. Maybe in the minority, but I still rate him
I agree. In Ange's system he is looking like the class Perisic we have seen for Croatia and an excellent option off the bench to provide something different in the last 20-30 mins, or a starter in cup matches. Much better to keep him the extra season than pay him off and be looking for someone else to provide what he is providing (who may not even hit the ground running). It also gives us time to find the absolute right replacement, rather than rush through the process in the final days of the window.

It's not solely the stats, I just seem to remember him missing a few one on ones, so when he missed the chance on Saturday I found myself expecting it.

If he adds goals no reason he can't be a key player (agree never a WB in this league)

Maybe, I have not seen him miss many out and out one on ones for me to judge his finishing TBH, granted I may have missed them, I think it will be far easier to judge him this season IMO

1 in 4 at byern and inter both of whom won the league. We were poor last season and so far this, have only played 3 with him as a sub.
1 in 4 in over 500 games across all clubs. Point being he knows where the goal is but my memory is he's missed most of the (maybe limited) chances for us.

1 in 4 in over 500 games across all clubs. Point being he knows where the goal is but my memory is he's missed most of the (maybe limited) chances for us.
As a WB he hasn't gotten that many chances to find his rhythm. As a LW I'd expect him to get many more and that'll help him score a few. I'm betting he gets 5 goals for us this season and that's coming on as a sub in the final 20-30' which is not too shabby.

As a WB he hasn't gotten that many chances to find his rhythm. As a LW I'd expect him to get many more and that'll help him score a few. I'm betting he gets 5 goals for us this season and that's coming on as a sub in the final 20-30' which is not too shabby.

He stuck Virgil Van Dijk on his arse last season, thats worth a season as WF and a double your money contract extension haha

Just wanted to say that at the end of last season, I wanted to move Perisic on. After Ange arrived and played him as LW/RW in the friendlies, I changed my mind and thought he would be a good squad option.
Almost everyone is talking about the other subs like Richarlison and PEH, but Perisic took the corner for Richarlison's goal. As much as we all know the squad still needs another window or two to start looking more complete, it's still managing to get the job done (so far).

He's a bit like an NFL kicker. Just bring him on for the last 15 mins, tell him not to worry about anything arduous like running or defending, just put in some accurate crosses. Seems to work well

It's so odd that when he is played in his proper position, at the right time, and for an amount of time that matches his age (and stamina), he plays really well.
Where do you guys have it from that he's not fit? There's absolutely nothing wrong with his stamina or work rate. In fact he runs more than most in every game he plays 90 minutes! People here have been trotting out that nonsense so much, that it's become the "truth"!

Where do you guys have it from that he's not fit? There's absolutely nothing wrong with his stamina or work rate. In fact he runs more than most in every game he plays 90 minutes! People here have been trotting out that nonsense so much, that it's become the "truth"!
He is thought to be the fittest player out there so it is an odd perception
I think the issue is speed which he lacks to play as a prem wing back. His running and fitness is exemplary

It’s it 50 appearances now and 16 goals and assists
That’s bloody good stats
It is, but they are almost all assists and almost all from set pieces. Now he is playing further up the pitch it would be good if scored a few more from open play, he has the quality.

Am liking his new role of coming on for the final part of the game, it suits him. Also I feel Hojberg should be mentioned as when he came on he was really visibly enthusiastic both when we equalised and scored the winner, he's not sulking at no longer being first choice and not moving to Atletico Madrid. He also played a positive forward pass that wasn't easy with the outside of his foot to begin the move that led to the winning goal. Imagine my shock that nobody on here credited him for that, please don't ban me for praising him:D

Great to see the squad involved and feeling they can contribute even if only involved for 15/20 minutes and better still they do actually contribute.....

It is, but they are almost all assists and almost all from set pieces. Now he is playing further up the pitch it would be good if scored a few more from open play, he has the quality.

Am liking his new role of coming on for the final part of the game, it suits him. Also I feel Hojberg should be mentioned as when he came on he was really visibly enthusiastic both when we equalised and scored the winner, he's not sulking at no longer being first choice and not moving to Atletico Madrid. He also played a positive forward pass that wasn't easy with the outside of his foot to begin the move that led to the winning goal. Imagine my shock that nobody on here credited him for that, please don't ban me for praising him:D

Great to see the squad involved and feeling they can contribute even if only involved for 15/20 minutes and better still they do actually contribute.....
I’ll take any assists
We need to not be greedy guys
We haven’t had a great record of players assisting on set pieces so I’ll take that

on the Pierre thing
He hit a great cross field ball when he came on which switched play and caught the out, and your right about the pass. He wouldn’t have done that before

he has a role to play whilst he is here for sure

I will admit to be someone who would not have minded him moving on in the window , but this season bringing him on as a late sub seems to be working. Long may it continue.

Back