• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

They are pretty random/freak occurances. The only factor you can look at are boots. Some stud designs increase risk compared to others

There was some so called expert on the radio a while back trying to explain why so many more female players had ACLs recently (Figures were crazy over the last year I think) compared to men and he suggested it could be that the boys growing up do a lot more all-around activity and different sports besides football which strengthened all the supporting areas of the knee compared to a lot of girls who had only really played football for the most part. Could all be gonad*s but would have to find it and see if it was serious research or not.

There was some so called expert on the radio a while back trying to explain why so many more female players had ACLs recently (Figures were crazy over the last year I think) compared to men and he suggested it could be that the boys growing up do a lot more all-around activity and different sports besides football which strengthened all the supporting areas of the knee compared to a lot of girls who had only really played football for the most part. Could all be gonad*s but would have to find it and see if it was serious research or not.

There's a whole range of theories out there around why women are more susceptible, including the menstrual cycle playing a role, but not enough long-term research has been done yet.

Edit: some good info here https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64032536

I got confused by this as well but reading it back he was referring to Hojberg, not Perisic.

Btw damn shame Perisic is now injured and probably out for the season, he was doing very well in his cameos. I guess it puts Gil one step closer to lineup now.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Gotcha cheers, my misunderstanding @Bullet

Fair point on the Gil front, it may lead to more opportunities for him but he's obviously be got to be fit and ready to be able to seize them.

Have you seen how the legs of (a lot) of women look? A large portion of them have their legs pointing inwards from pelvis to knee, as they have different shaped pelvis, and legs pointing outwards from the knee and down (don't know the term for that in English). I'd think that would increase the risk of excessive movement in that direction.
I'm just guessing, as I have no clue, but the idea struck me as reasonable.

Yeah, I thought the point 1, hip width and angle to knee is the one that made sense re gender differences

Have you seen how the legs of (a lot) of women look? A large portion of them have their legs pointing inwards from pelvis to knee, as they have different shaped pelvis, and legs pointing outwards from the knee and down (don't know the term for that in English). I'd think that would increase the risk of excessive movement in that direction.
I'm just guessing, as I have no clue, but the idea struck me as reasonable.
This covers it in some depth if interested
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4805849/

Its a big shame. I think that him and Richy are a good combo. Whether from the bench or together in the starting line up. Kulu needs to work on getting more crosses into the box for me, and whoever plays out wide left. From the game saturday they both ( solomon as well ) cut in every single time.

I think its supposed to be about female foot arch shape and all boot design to date being completely inappropriate for that. I know some people who work on it (injury prevention as part of sport science), but havent got too much into the details with them

It also effects men's boots though. Too much grip is what amplifies ACL risk, you are actually better going with a slip than fighting it

I think its supposed to be about female foot arch shape and all boot design to date being completely inappropriate for that. I know some people who work on it (injury prevention as part of sport science), but havent got too much into the details with them

It also effects men's boots though. Too much grip is what amplifies ACL risk, you are actually better going with a slip than fighting it

Is this why so many players are slipping on turns?

Is this why so many players are slipping on turns?
I just thought that as well. A few people have moaned that our players are slipping and should wear longer studs, but definitely not if it increases the chances of ACL injury.

I believe that may be the last we ever see of Perisic, it is a long road to recovery at his age. Although he is supremely fit, so may appear for the last games.

We do have a lot of left side forwards though, so will just have to find other routes to success. I agree that Solomon/Kulu cutting in 90% of the time is a flaw, should be more like 50%

Ligament injuries aren't caused by stress like that. It would just be a freak turn or twist
I 90% agree, but it could be caused if a particular training drill involved twisting and turning on that ligament over and over and over and over and over and over for hours.
(Obviously we don't know what happened).

Gutted for us. He'll get to spend the rest of the season on a beach wearing crutches, earning £170k a week and getting sucked off by a supermodel. Worse things happen at sea.

Maybe promote santiago?

Gutted for us. He'll get to spend the rest of the season on a beach wearing crutches, earning £170k a week and getting sucked off by a supermodel. Worse things happen at sea.

Maybe promote santiago?

in fairness to him he seems the type of character that would rather be playing, contributing, earning 170k and getting sucked off by a super model than being on crutches on the bench and getting sucked off by a super model… unless you mean he is literally on the bench while getting sucked off by a supermodel, in which case it may be a close call.

in fairness to him he seems the type of character that would rather be playing, contributing, earning 170k and getting sucked off by a super model than being on crutches on the bench and getting sucked off by a super model… unless you mean he is literally on the bench while getting sucked off by a supermodel, in which case it may be a close call.

Beach not bench. I'm sure he would want to be playing. Just i'm not going to be feeling too sorry for him. There are worse things in life.

Back