• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

From Daily Mail
Football
CHARLES SALE: Spurs close in on £12m sponsorship deal with AIA... that's £7m less than Levy wanted

By Charles Sale
22:30 22 Jan 2014, updated 23:31 22 Jan 2014
New deal: AIA are believed to have sealed a deal to become Spurs' permanent sponsors+6
Facebook
Twitter
Click to open
Google Plus
Email
Click to close
shares
comments
Tottenham are believed to have agreed a new shirt deal for all competitions with Hong Kong-based insurance giants AIA worth around £12million a year starting next season.

AIA have had their names on the front of the Spurs kit for Cup competitions, with Hewlett Packard sponsoring the shirts for Premier League matches.

The deal, which is far less than the £20million a year Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy had wanted, is understood to have been brought in by Levy himself. That is likely to see some hard fee negotiations with Essentially, the agency hired by Spurs to attract new sponsors after Levy disbanded the commercial department

Hope they do something to improve the look /colour of the logo.

I hope so too. The Cup shirts look cheap with that crappy red logo on. Why is it we only seem to mostly attract red logo sponsors? and why does it seem we are the only top team that bends over and takes it with regards to the contrast of color on our shirt?

Scum ( red shirt White logo )
Chelski ( blue shirt white logo )
Man Yoo ( Red shirt white logo )
Everton ( blue shirt white logo )
Emirates Marketing Project ( blue shirt white logo )

Its only when you get down the the Saudi Sportswashing Machine's and West Broms that they start letting them put whatever colour they want on their shirt.

Last edited:
I hope so too. The Cup shirts look cheap with that crappy red logo on. Why is it we only seem to mostly attract red logo sponsors? and why does it seem we are the only top team that bends over and takes it with regards to the contrast of color on our shirt?

Its only when you get down the the Saudi Sportswashing Machine's and West Broms that they start letting them put whatever colour they want on their shirt.

The red is probably because we normally deal with sponsorship from the far East and as far as I know, red is quietly used as it's seen as a sign of good luck.

I guess money talks.

Why does it bother people so much about red sponsors?

Arsenal have white sponsors (I think) or Manure have a blue away kit for ****s sakes. I wouldnt advocate a red kit but its a sponsor.

Why does it bother people so much about red sponsors?

Arsenal have white sponsors (I think) or Manure have a blue away kit for ****s sakes. I wouldnt advocate a red kit but its a sponsor.

It's not because of some silly hate of red due to Arsenal, it's just that it looks crap/completely out of place on our white and navy kit.

It's not because of some silly hate of red due to Arsenal, it's just that it looks crap/completely out of place on our white and navy kit.

This! it just looks ****. The scum might well have a Blue kit but they dont have red letters on it. Red letters on a White shirt with blue trim just makes the kit look crap. Red letters on a white shirt with Red Trim would make sense and fit in.

It seems that other clubs get their way about sponsor colour on their shirt. So I just wish we could as well. And I also hate Red as well anyway.

I get your point but we have a white shirt so a white logo isn't possible.

White is a neutral colour, most companies can use it without affecting their actual brand colours.

Not happy about the new sponsor if our kits will look like that ridiculous cup one. Never red.

This! it just looks ****. The scum might well have a Blue kit but they dont have red letters on it. Red letters on a White shirt with blue trim just makes the kit look crap. Red letters on a white shirt with Red Trim would make sense and fit in.

It seems that other clubs get their way about sponsor colour on their shirt. So I just wish we could as well. And I also hate Red as well anyway.

I think that sponsors logos on a football shirt makes the shirt look crap.

The red AIA must be such a turnoff for merchandise sales. Wouldn't dream of wearing it. Put in matching blue, deal done.

Just for comparison, Budweiser beer normally have all their merchandising done in their familiar red. Some years back they sponsored a Formula 1 car, believe it was Williams, who sported a white and dark blue colour scheme on their cars. Budweiser's logos were painted in the dark blue to blend in properly. Thought it looked great. Still didn't buy their beer, tho.

Never Red.

Really?

P427_zps5dafd30b.png

Tottenham Hotspur Away & Third Strips 1899-2014

Wow, taken me 3 days on and off but just read through all 178 pages of this thread, love it.
First post! hi all \o/

Back