• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Damn! Wow. Incredible work! Well done, mate! 😍

Got a new home myself! I finally found an apartment for my son and me, bought it today, got it well below asking price, so happy for that. Close to his school and all of his friends, so thats very nice. A new chapter.
That's brilliant. We all need a place to call home and I'm delighted you found yours.

On a lighter note, I just moved into a house I have been building by myself over the last few years. My every weekend was spent working on it (missing way too many Spurs matches) and though it is not 100% finished it is close enough to done to move in. The satisfaction of sitting in something you've built yourself is hard to put in words.
Fantastic.

I'm pretty much at the same stage as you, ironically just finishing things off to let someone else live in it over the summer holidays!

It wasn't a full ground up build like yours but was pretty much a shell before we started extending and moving forward.
It certainly has been a labour of love (knocking on 5 years now), and has genuinely taken quite a bit out of me.

We started about 7 months before Covid, and as such ended up doing far more myself because of restrictions and then the ridiculous price increases of materials. That said Covid meant nothing really changed for me personally...just carried on chipping away (a godsend to have that time and something to focus on tbh)

Dead happy, and proud with the result...and really went the extra mile with this one, as its 100% MY LAST (as Steve Redgrave would say:))

Last edited:
Damn! Wow. Incredible work! Well done, mate! 😍

Got a new home myself! I finally found an apartment for my son and me, bought it today, got it well below asking price, so happy for that. Close to his school and all of his friends, so thats very nice. A new chapter.
That's such an important step. Gives you a nest and a space. To be able to buy is fantastic as well, adds to the stability.

😍

Fantastic.

I'm pretty much at the same stage as you, ironically just finishing things off to let someone else live in it over the summer holidays!

It wasn't a full ground up build like yours but was pretty much a shell before we started extending and moving forward.
It certainly has been a labour of love (knocking on 5 years now), and has genuinely taken quite a bit out of me.

We started about 7 months before Covid, and as such ended up doing far more myself because of restrictions and then the ridiculous price increases of materials. That said Covid meant nothing really changed for me personally...just carried on chipping away (a godsend to have that time and something to focus on tbh)

Dead happy, and proud with the result...and really went the extra mile with this one, as its 100% MY LAST (as Steve Redgrave would say:))
Well done. That is fantastic. I actually could have written this post myself as it mirrors my own story that closely, covid break and all. Well except for letting others move in. Why? WHY?

My elbows and knees hate me now. 100% my last too as I won't be building a granny flat on the insulated slab I put out the back a few years ago . And I certaibly won;t be trying buy a patch of my neighbours huge overgrown garden for a vegatable plot and put Shepards hut on it too. None of that will happen. ;)

Holiday officially started today. 7 hour drive to Trondheim, where we'll catch our flight to Bangkok tomorrow , via Doha. 4 weeks of relaxation (or whatever relaxation you can get with two kids of 6 and 3 years old). Anyway dad got to chill in the hotel bar and watch football at the airport hotel.1000005704.jpg

Last edited:
The plans involved in the Tropping the Colour flight path go right over our new house
Very low today due to dodgy weather in Essex, was awesome to watch

3 EC games to watch today and the T20
Got a new wine decanter and a cracking bottle of red to work through too, great day

I'm 40 today. Hooray for me. First birthday I'm single for 16 years. Feels a bit sad after this bricky year, but what can you do but keep on grinding. Can only go one way from here hopefully! Got my son with me today and we're having a grand old time, so thats nice. Also, celebrating the occasion with a bunch of friends and my best mate who will also turn 40 next weekend, so that will be nice. Hope you all have a pint for me - I'll be drinking my zero alcohol Heineken (which is quite decent!) and watch the football. :)

I'm 40 today. Hooray for me. First birthday I'm single for 16 years. Feels a bit sad after this bricky year, but what can you do but keep on grinding. Can only go one way from here hopefully! Got my son with me today and we're having a grand old time, so thats nice. Also, celebrating the occasion with a bunch of friends and my best mate who will also turn 40 next weekend, so that will be nice. Hope you all have a pint for me - I'll be drinking my zero alcohol Heineken (which is quite decent!) and watch the football. :)
Happy Birthday! They say that life begins at 40. Maybe a bit of a re-start. Have a lovely day/evening!

Have good one!

Hope you have had a great day mate, keep on trucking.

Happy birthday!

Hope you had a grand day.
Bet having your son with you was the best present?

Heading home from The Lane, saw Pink tonight, she is fudging amazing, used the camera rig to fly around the stadium whilst singing.

I'm on a fudging boat, drinking beer. Oh yeah.

Ok, somebody thought it was a good idea to buy an old ferry and park it way out from the usual nightlife areas. It's an interesting concept anyway.

Went to see A View from The Bridge at the Theatre Royal Haymarket yesterday afternoon. Excellent. Thoroughy recommend for anyone thinking of going. Run ends beginning of August.

Back