• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suarez - Serial Biter

He's not that far off, I'd say he's in the top 5 on current form.

Ronaldo is "not that far off" Messi. then daylight, followed by moonlight, and another round of daylight, then the 3rd best player in the world, whoever that is.
As Jesus said, there's a huge, huge gap after the top two. Then there's the likes of Bale/Ibra when he can be bothered. Then there's pretty much all of Real and Barca's midfields. Suarez is around there somewhere.

He's not that far off, I'd say he's in the top 5 on current form.

it's the current form bit that's crucial, Messi and Ronaldo have been performing at that level for years, Suarez isn't far off thirty and he's had 2 good seasons

he's certainly good enough to get in the Barca side, but he's Sanchez/Pedro level not Neymar, and certainly not Messi

As Jesus said, there's a huge, huge gap after the top two. Then there's the likes of Bale/Ibra when he can be bothered. Then there's pretty much all of Real and Barca's midfields. Suarez is around there somewhere.

If he's not the best attacking player that can realistically be bought by clubs like Real and Barca at the moment he's not far off.

it's the current form bit that's crucial, Messi and Ronaldo have been performing at that level for years, Suarez isn't far off thirty and he's had 2 good seasons

he's certainly good enough to get in the Barca side, but he's Sanchez/Pedro level not Neymar, and certainly not Messi

I agree that the current form vs consistent performances over time is a crucial difference. But it's really only Ronaldo and Messi that has performed like that over time.

I didn't watch a ton of Barca games last season, but from what I did watch I thought Suarez had the better season of the two quite comfortably. 31 goals and 12 assists in 33 games in the Premier League is spectacular, doing so for a team tipped not much higher than 4th-5th at the start of the season is even better, doing so when at least sometimes not being played as the outright striker and with another player in that team getting 21 in 26 is better still, doing so without taking penalties adds even further to the already impressive stats. His performances were no worse than his stats I think, he was truly outstanding.

If Barca can integrate him into their system he will be a big upgrade on Pedro and Sanchez I think, and I think he will outperform Neymar too.

If he's not the best attacking player that can realistically be bought by clubs like Real and Barca at the moment he's not far off.

Absolutely - I'm not saying they wouldn't want him, just that he's at least one or two tiers down from the world's best. And that the first gap is quite a large one.

Absolutely - I'm not saying they wouldn't want him, just that he's at least one or two tiers down from the world's best. And that the first gap is quite a large one.

I think that's fair. I think primarily only Liverpool fans and Uruguayans have been categorizing him next to Messi or Ronaldo in terms of quality.

I agree that the current form vs consistent performances over time is a crucial difference. But it's really only Ronaldo and Messi that has performed like that over time.

I didn't watch a ton of Barca games last season, but from what I did watch I thought Suarez had the better season of the two quite comfortably. 31 goals and 12 assists in 33 games in the Premier League is spectacular, doing so for a team tipped not much higher than 4th-5th at the start of the season is even better, doing so when at least sometimes not being played as the outright striker and with another player in that team getting 21 in 26 is better still, doing so without taking penalties adds even further to the already impressive stats. His performances were no worse than his stats I think, he was truly outstanding.

If Barca can integrate him into their system he will be a big upgrade on Pedro and Sanchez I think, and I think he will outperform Neymar too.

fair points, although 15 of those goals came against dawson and kaboul, he's not gonna be facing spurs style defending out there

And how many great seasons has Bale had? Two?

Speaking of Bale, bit ironic that Bale talks about making good decisions in the new BT Sport ad whilst wearing an Alice Band.

Last edited:
La Liga does have some **** teams but it's a better league than the Premier League.

real madrid and barcelona are better than mancity/chelsea. atletico might be better than the third best team in england right now (but not in the long-term however). and then basically every other team in la liga is weaker than their counterpart in england who share the same respective league positions.

I think that puts the two of you in a fairly exclusive group with Liverpool fans, Uruguay fans and Suarez's mum.

I would expect Suarez to sell for a lot less than Bale did - even when adjusted for his ban.

but look how many bad players liverpool have. suarez almost managed to win the league whilst playing with what is equivalent to Saudi Sportswashing Machine players.

i also expect suarez to sell for less than bale. mainly due to his age however. and some other minor factors such as his ban, personality etc

Back