• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

I was reading that last night. They are taking the tinkle with those prices and what they are serving up for it, which is almost nothing. I don't believe they could have fudgeed up the move from the Boleyn ground any worse if they tried.

what are you talking about? it's the most successful stadium migration in history :confused:

"We are making a film called 'Iron Men'," she said.

"It is about West Ham supporters and the move from the Boleyn to the Olympic Stadium and what the move means to them.

"Rebranding ourselves was really important with the new stadium. We are in the London Stadium and we added the word London to our crest because we thought it had real global appeal.

"Nobody else does it and that's exactly where we are. We are in the heart of London, in the foothills of the financial centre.

"We have the best stadium. There are some great stadiums in this country but there is only one Olympic stadium and it's ours and branded ours and it has really had a dynamic impact on the things that we can do.

"We are now in the Olympic Stadium, have very limited outside debt and in terms of brand values are ranked 15th, we were 115th when I joined. We are now 20th in the Deloitte money league.

"Our trajectory is admired across the world, we have the largest amount of season tickets of any London club and a capacity that will grow to 65,000."

Brady went on to say the move to the stadium had been "well received" by fans, although she was referring to the costing and the product rather than the supporters' general opinion of the London Stadium.

"As a board my two chairmen (David Sullivan and David Gold) made a decision that because there is so much money in football now coming through the broadcasting revenues that we should use that money to make football affordable.

"So here we have this great stadium in London, much better prospects, facilities, travel links, everything than our old stadium but we charge a lower price. So we offer them more dynamic product at an inferior price which is quite dynamic and it has been so well received."

http://talksport.com/football/we-ar...about-their-move-olympic-stadium-161005212458

She even has her own balcony so she won't have to sit with the rest.

West-Ham-United-v-Southampton-Premier-League.jpg

"We are making a film called 'Iron Men'," she said.

"It is about West Ham supporters and the move from the Boleyn to the Olympic Stadium and what the move means to them.

"Rebranding ourselves was really important with the new stadium. We are in the London Stadium and we added the word London to our crest because we thought it had real global appeal.

"Nobody else does it and that's exactly where we are. We are in the heart of London, in the foothills of the financial centre.

"We have the best stadium. There are some great stadiums in this country but there is only one Olympic stadium and it's ours and branded ours and it has really had a dynamic impact on the things that we can do.

"We are now in the Olympic Stadium, have very limited outside debt and in terms of brand values are ranked 15th, we were 115th when I joined. We are now 20th in the Deloitte money league.

"Our trajectory is admired across the world, we have the largest amount of season tickets of any London club and a capacity that will grow to 65,000."

Brady went on to say the move to the stadium had been "well received" by fans, although she was referring to the costing and the product rather than the supporters' general opinion of the London Stadium.

"As a board my two chairmen (David Sullivan and David Gold) made a decision that because there is so much money in football now coming through the broadcasting revenues that we should use that money to make football affordable.

"So here we have this great stadium in London, much better prospects, facilities, travel links, everything than our old stadium but we charge a lower price. So we offer them more dynamic product at an inferior price which is quite dynamic and it has been so well received."

http://talksport.com/football/we-ar...about-their-move-olympic-stadium-161005212458

She even has her own balcony so she won't have to sit with the rest.

West-Ham-United-v-Southampton-Premier-League.jpg

I see they still have some seats missing in the Executive area.

Sadly, i think there will be at worse somebody getting a life-threatening injury at the West Ham-Chelski game.

I grew up near Stratford and have some folks who still live near that way; i'll be telling all of them to steer clear of Westfield and that whole area that day.

The only benefit is that the carnage will force The dildo-Brady boys to put their hand in their pocket to actually organise their security and stewarding like a football club should.
I can see the PL threatening points deductions/legal action otherwise..

I think that the most likely action is that Newham council reduce their capacity

Regardless of this being West Ham, when your management is talking proudly abut changing the culture of your club, and banging on about it as a "brand", then that should tell you all you need to know about their intentions.

Regardless of this being West Ham, when your management is talking proudly abut changing the culture of your club, and banging on about it as a "brand", then that should tell you all you need to know about their intentions.

It's the Laaaandaaan brand innit

I mean when you think of London clubs their right up there with their superior history and trophy haul

Even their own fans think that's a bit of a joke

She is off her nut

Centre of the finance district.... That football hotbed

The lads I know that go hate it now with a passion

I'm not sure how there gonna get it back to being half decent

the more I read and hear the more I think that that's the point

there are two types of football club now, those embracing brand culture and those who are heading out of business

the more I read and hear the more I think that that's the point

there are two types of football club now, those embracing brand culture and those who are heading out of business

Yeah, I get that. But you can do that and still have some sensitivity about how it is presented. I could not imagine Levy giving a speech* talking about the club as a "brand", nor about changing the culture of the club. That doesn't mean he is not aware of how to maximise its marketability.
(*Actually I couldn't see Levy giving a speech about the club at all, but then he does not crave publicity in the way Brady and co. do. Nor does he spout cr*p).

Yeah, I get that. But you can do that and still have some sensitivity about how it is presented. I could not imagine Levy giving a speech* talking about the club as a "brand", nor about changing the culture of the club. That doesn't mean he is not aware of how to maximise its marketability.
(*Actually I couldn't see Levy giving a speech about the club at all, but then he does not crave publicity in the way Brady and co. do. Nor does he spout cr*p).

maybe i'm misreading things and showing unfair bias to Spurs and against west ham, but, it seems to me, backed up by the evidence from games at the OS, that they have an rather unsavoury element to their fanbase that we don't have, and based on that this could be a rather effective method of thinning that down

my opinion on Spurs fans is that most of us are sycophantic cash cows already, I know I am

Back