• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

Vardy is so quick and I'm sure his time in non-league helped him learn how to exploit the space in behind and the long ball over the top. It may look easy, but it is a lot tougher than it looks. You try isolate the slowest CB, make the right timed runs at the right angles, and make sure you finish after running a third of the pitch flat out. And he is not all long-ball as the England game showed. Brilliant performance by Vardy, unfortunately.

Well done Leicester, as much as I hate to say it. Tight at the back, they battle throughout the whole side, grind it out and keep getting the result. And they finish it off.

Oh, well, that deflates me in front of our game. We still need to win though.

As long as the team dont get deflated really.

Not that they could, but West Ham cant catch them now.
3pts to rule United out
4pts to rule City out.

Sky reckon they need 3 wins now. I think they just need 4 more points. Arsenal will not win the last 6, cant see us reaching 76pts either tbh, outside chance of 75pts

Leicester City have now gone 7 hours and 25 minutes without conceding a Premier League goal. Barricade.

With a stat like that, you have to give them some credit whether you like it or not

Shows how fickle/thick fans are. What would fans rather have play nice football like Bournemouth and struggle, play like that crap and win the league?

Play like crap and win of course.Though it depends on your definition of crap, i dont actually think Leicester play like crap . I think their work rate and commitment and the speed in which they break is fantastic to watch, sadly.

Unless Vardy gets injured or loses some speed I think they will.
You think Vardy's on repeatable form?

What's he been doing the rest of his career? Playing it brick so as to fool us all in advance of the surprise Leicester title run?

Leicester City have now gone 7 hours and 25 minutes without conceding a Premier League goal. Barricade.

With a stat like that, you have to give them some credit whether you like it or not
If your CBs can handle the ball then you're not going to concede goals. That's 5 games, other than Southampton their last 5 games have been relegation teams.

Play like crap and win of course.Though it depends on your definition of crap, i dont actually think Leicester play like crap . I think their work rate and commitment and the speed in which they break is fantastic to watch, sadly.
You must really miss the 80s and all that lovely Rugby that football teams used to play.

If your CBs can handle the ball then you're not going to concede goals. That's 5 games, other than Southampton their last 5 games have been relegation teams.
Dont forget wrestling with forwards to nullify the ball past their midfield.

Oh, and not getting sent off for two footed tackles off the floor either.

You could say the same about Kane. Many did. But he seems to have repeated previous season's form. Vardy's success is unlikely to last as long as Kane's because of Vardy's reliance on pace which he will lose at some point. But fit and quick, in a decent team, especially when high pressing is fashionable, i expect that Vardy will continue to score goals.

Just seen the relegation candidate fixtures.

Sunderland lose next week at Norwich and its over. Think they even need to win to have a chance to stay up. Looks like we'll only have one trip to the North East next season...Boro

You could say the same about Kane. Many did. But he seems to have repeated previous season's form. Vardy's success is unlikely to last as long as Kane's because of Vardy's reliance on pace which he will lose at some point. But fit and quick, in a decent team, especially when high pressing is fashionable, i expect that Vardy will continue to score goals.
I assume you meant to respond to my post?!

There's a massive difference between the two situations. Kane was young and learning. Last season was his first chance as first choice to go and get some goals. Vardy has been brick for his whole career and suddenly had a hot season. The chances of him repeating that are next to none.

We should doff our collective caps to Leicester and now just concentrate on getting as many points as possible.

I assume you meant to respond to my post?!

There's a massive difference between the two situations. Kane was young and learning. Last season was his first chance as first choice to go and get some goals. Vardy has been brick for his whole career and suddenly had a hot season. The chances of him repeating that are next to none.

I did - Glasgowspur may be confused.

It is a little disingenuous to suggest that Vardy's career has been entirely brick until now. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing for a possibly title winning Leicester in the Premiership. His goals scoring record has been up and down. But he scored 26 and 34 in conference and lower football seasons - which requires some talent - and 16 in championship, interspersed with some low scoring seasons.

The fact that he can score over or near 20 in conference and championship football shows that he is able to have high scoring seasons, can score goals, and as he has shown he can do the same in the Premiership it suggests that it might be more than a single hot season.

If Leicester, maintains and improves its squad and manager and if Vardy stays fit and quick, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to have another high scoring season. I can't see teams defending deep just to stop him scoring, and so the space will probably be there to be exploited with the long ball. Michael Owen used to play in a similar way until he lost his speed.

I expect we will find out one way or the other next season.

I did - Glasgowspur may be confused.

It is a little disingenuous to suggest that Vardy's career has been entirely brick until now. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing for a possibly title winning Leicester in the Premiership. His goals scoring record has been up and down. But he scored 26 and 34 in conference and lower football seasons - which requires some talent - and 16 in championship, interspersed with some low scoring seasons.

The fact that he can score over or near 20 in conference and championship football shows that he is able to have high scoring seasons, can score goals, and as he has shown he can do the same in the Premiership it suggests that it might be more than a single hot season.

If Leicester, maintains and improves its squad and manager and if Vardy stays fit and quick, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to have another high scoring season. I can't see teams defending deep just to stop him scoring, and so the space will probably be there to be exploited with the long ball. Michael Owen used to play in a similar way until he lost his speed.

I expect we will find out one way or the other next season.
Don't know wether to be pleased or insulted about being mistaken for scara!

Back