• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Premier League needs to sort refereeing out. How the eff is that not a penalty? It reminds me of Nigeria vs Argentina in 2018. Argentinian guy (Marcos Rojo) headed his controlled ball on his hand and people said it wasn't a penalty as it was accidental. WTF!! I have concluded that in certain games, refs are asked or persuaded to favour one side.

How’s that not a penalty ? He’s brought his arm up to control the ball .

This league is a joke . That’s a clear a use of an arm to control the ball as you’ll see.

I would find it harder to give the Romero penalty than this one. At least the Romero one I can ask where was he meant to put his arms. This one, Rodri moved towards the ball.

Premier League needs to sort refereeing out. How the eff is that not a penalty? It reminds me of Nigeria vs Argentina in 2018. Argentinian guy (Marcos Rojo) headed his controlled ball on his hand and people said it wasn't a penalty as it was accidental. WTF!! I have concluded that in certain games, refs are asked or persuaded to favour one side.
My first thought was that we lost a champions league final on a pen call like that and ours even took a deflection on to the arm!

Well, we have consensus. Awful officiating. On the other hand, the outcome of that dreadful call is a delicious bit of theatrical improv as big club Everton now dance along the relegation line.

Dreadful/Sublime. It's all down to personal perspective.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 25 pts
Brentford 24
Leeds 23
Everton 22
Burnley 21
Watford 19
Norwich 17

I mean, O My Bruvvers, are we not entertained. Even wivvout West Ham.

Last edited:
Well, we have consensus. Awful officiating. On the other hand, the outcome of that dreadful call is a delicious bit of theatrical improv as big club Everton now dance along the relegation line.

Brentford 24
Leeds 23
Everton 22
Burnley 21
Watford 19
Norwich 17

I will be supporting Burnley for the rest of the season.

As i have said many times, VAR is in place to help refs due to ref’s being incompetent, so what do they do? Put incompetent ref’s in charge of VAR.

As i have said many times, VAR is in place to help refs due to ref’s being incompetent, so what do they do? Put incompetent ref’s in charge of VAR.

Refs aren't incompetent, they are just human beings.
Everyone makes mistakes on a matchday. The managers and players make plenty.
The prem is so fast, not only do refs have to make split second decisions, they have to do so while having to physically keep up with the ball. Which could mean running 15 kilometers a match.
Var should only be used on a referees request for when the referee is unsure about a decision and they need a second look.

We and the media should understand that some mistakes will be made.

Until we can have an ai take over the role.

I will be supporting Burnley for the rest of the season.

I could see Watford improving too as Woy settles in more and gets the team organised.

I dont see Norwich surviving, and dont see Brentford or Saudi Sportswashing Machine going down. 2 from the other 4. Leeds have a chance now they've binned Bielsa

100% that was a pen
The officiating is rank awful

Refs aren't incompetent, they are just human beings.
Everyone makes mistakes on a matchday. The managers and players make plenty.
The prem is so fast, not only do refs have to make split second decisions, they have to do so while having to physically keep up with the ball. Which could mean running 15 kilometers a match.
Var should only be used on a referees request for when the referee is unsure about a decision and they need a second look.

We and the media should understand that some mistakes will be made.

Until we can have an ai take over the role.

Reffing a game is a nightmare, part of my courses for my coaching badges included having to take a reffing course and i had to ref a number of matches and its a impossible job to get every decision right. As for VAR its a joke and the one thing is has NOT done has made the game better.

Reffing a game is a nightmare, part of my courses for my coaching badges included having to take a reffing course and i had to ref a number of matches and its a impossible job to get every decision right. As for VAR its a joke and the one thing is has NOT done has made the game better.

The best bit about a game is the feeling when you score. If you can't celebrate a goal because you have to wait for var to decide whether it stands. Then the game is lessened for it.

Brentford 24
Leeds 23
Everton 22
Burnley 21
Watford 19
Norwich 17

Lucky for Everton they have us next. I'm sure Dr Tottenham will offer some soothing medicine next Monday

Back