• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Refs aren't incompetent, they are just human beings.
Everyone makes mistakes on a matchday. The managers and players make plenty.
The prem is so fast, not only do refs have to make split second decisions, they have to do so while having to physically keep up with the ball. Which could mean running 15 kilometers a match.
Var should only be used on a referees request for when the referee is unsure about a decision and they need a second look.

We and the media should understand that some mistakes will be made.

Until we can have an ai take over the role.

I fully agree with your point about mistakes, it the just that those mistakes happen to favour the same clubs they did before VAR. Offside is a complete lottery and can depend on whether a player had his hair cut or trimmed his finger nails before the game, is that clear and obvious error?

I fully agree with your point about mistakes, it the just that those mistakes happen to favour the same clubs they did before VAR. Offside is a complete lottery and can depend on whether a player had his hair cut or trimmed his finger nails before the game, is that clear and obvious error?

This is the bit that irritates me, when they look at things for nearly 2 minutes, then change the decision. If it was clear and obvious, you would only need 10, maybe 20 seconds tops. If it is taking you 2 minutes, it is not clear or obvious

This is the bit that irritates me, when they look at things for nearly 2 minutes, then change the decision. If it was clear and obvious, you would only need 10, maybe 20 seconds tops. If it is taking you 2 minutes, it is not clear or obvious

but once you’ve seen it, you can’t un-see it, so it’s then clear and obvious

what’s 2 mins with the vast sums of money involved in PL football?

A bit late. What do they do about current owners? It would be difficult to ban owners for human rights abuses, involvement in wars and Walmart.

The PL don't give a brick about anything but money and their brand, unless they are directly or indirectly forced to take a stance on an issue.

Tammy Abraham hit Roma's winner against Atalanta to become the first English player in a European top flight to score 20 goals in all competitions this season. Second is Harry Kane with 18 goals.

Cheeky move for Tammy?

Back