• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Then it's up to the government and pl to say no you can't buy clubs.
I don't think it is up to the PL to police owners. It's up to the club and people in charge of the sale, and the laws of the land.

Take Abramovich for example, I watched the panorama doc about him which contained nothing new. So when Putin decided to kill a British citizen in Salisbury, why didn't the British Government look more closely on Roman's ties to Vlad at that point rather than just expel a few diplomats and tell Russia to "shut up and go away."

I don't think it is up to the PL to police owners. It's up to the club and people in charge of the sale, and the laws of the land.

Take Abramovich for example, I watched the panorama doc about him which contained nothing new. So when Putin decided to kill a British citizen in Salisbury, why didn't the British Government look more closely on Roman's ties to Vlad at that point rather than just expel a few diplomats and tell Russia to "shut up and go away."

They stopped his visa.

The pl have the owners test to decide who is fit and proper already. So they have already taken it upon themselves to police the owners.

The people selling the club are only going to care about the price and whether or not the person can pay.

They stopped his visa.

The pl have the owners test to decide who is fit and proper already. So they have already taken it upon themselves to police the owners.

The people selling the club are only going to care about the price and whether or not the person can pay.
Stopping his visa is pathetic compared to what they are doing now and what they could have done then..

Fit and proper test covers mainly if someone has been convicted or being investigating for financial fraud. It's fairly narrow criteria. Not if they are murderous dictators or stealing money from a broken state. What some are suggesting is that the PL should intervene to stop owners because of the latter. That's not in their remit. So blame the sellers and the people who make the laws

Stopping his visa is pathetic compared to what they are doing now and what they could have done then..

Fit and proper test covers mainly if someone has been convicted or being investigating for financial fraud. It's fairly narrow criteria. Not if they are murderous dictators or stealing money from a broken state. What some are suggesting is that the PL should intervene to stop owners because of the latter. That's not in their remit. So blame the sellers and the people who make the laws

They would have required some evidence that abramovich was linked to the attack in order to sanction him. His company sells steel to the russian military so is linked to the war in ukraine.

They would have required some evidence that abramovich was linked to the attack in order to sanction him. His company sells steel to the russian military so is linked to the war in ukraine.
I thought it was more to do with the links he has to Putin and his cash.

Yes. Putin says: 'More steel is needed to make more tanks. And armoured personnel carriers. And thermobaric missile launchers.'

Evraz cranks up production, Putin forks over the money and Roman collects dividends.

In hindsight...

I remember watching him playing for Hull and wanting us to sign him. I remember he displayed good crossing ability and that’s something that I like to see in a good left back. I thought that he would be a good signing but sadly Liverpool signed him instead.

Back